Obama is NOT a Good President. So Why Is He Winning With Independents?

I'd essentially agree with the idea that he's winning independents because independents simply don't like Romney, Santorum, or Gingrich, but there was no mention of how Ron Paul often does better with independents than Obama.

I'd essentially agree with the idea that he's winning independents because independents simply don't like Romney, Santorum, or Gingrich, but there was no mention of how Ron Paul often does better with independents than Obama.

We don't talk about that guy. According to David Gregory today on MTP, Romney is the only one on the ballot in Virginia.

We don't talk about that guy. According to David Gregory today on MTP, Romney is the only one on the ballot in Virginia.
The opposition is weak. Paul MIGHT pull in independents but COULD lose moderate Republicans. And he is on the ballot in Virginia. MTP is what? The Washington post, as well as other news sources list Ron Paul on the ballot.

Of course not. The media has a responsibility to maintain the power and interests of the status quo, right? I think that's in the Constitution or something. Maybe it's just case law.

Of course not. The media has a responsibility to maintain the power and interests of the status quo, right? I think that's in the Constitution or something. Maybe it's just case law.

I don't think this is the media. I'm pretty sure this is just a random blog.

You must have seen the old version because that exact thought came to me minutes after I posted it. If you refresh, you'll see:

The only real chance the GOP has at getting Independents is Ron Paul. But the sad truth is they simply won't let him anywhere near the ticket. He's way too honest to be tolerated by a sufficient number of Americans for a win in a General Election. He speaks out profusely against the Military Industrial Complex that has owned the GOP for decades and he is often, his own worst enemy. So the establishment that is the GOP simply won't tolerate someone like Paul.

I don't think this is the media. I'm pretty sure this is just a random blog.

Sure, but there is clearly an intent to marginalize Paul, and it bleeds into everything else. "Everybody knows" he's not a serious candidate, right?

You must have seen the old version because that exact thought came to me minutes after I posted it. If you refresh, you'll see:

The only real chance the GOP has at getting Independents is Ron Paul. But the sad truth is they simply won't let him anywhere near the ticket. He's way too honest to be tolerated by a sufficient number of Americans for a win in a General Election. He speaks out profusely against the Military Industrial Complex that has owned the GOP for decades and he is often, his own worst enemy. So the establishment that is the GOP simply won't tolerate someone like Paul.
Only problem is? YOU aren't an 'independent'...so why do you portend to speak for them?

The snippet below is from a Reuters report back on Jan 19th.

snippet:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Independent voters, who helped propel President Barack Obama to victory in the 2008 election, could be an obstacle in his bid for a second term in the White House, according to a New York Times/CBS News poll published on Wednesday.

A majority of independent voters have soured on Obama's presidency, disapprove of his handling of the economy and do not have a clear idea of what he hopes to accomplish if re-elected, the Times reported.

Only 31 percent of independent voters have a favorable opinion of the president and two-thirds say he has not made real progress in fixing the economy, the newspaper said.

In 2008, Obama won support from 52 percent of independent voters, compared with 44 percent who supported Republican presidential nominee John McCain.

Nearly half of independents say they have not formed an opinion of Mitt Romney, the front-runner in the Republican race for the nomination to challenge Obama in the November general election, the survey found.
Among all voters, 38 percent view Obama favorably, 45 percent unfavorably and 17 percent have no opinion, the survey showed. Voters were evenly divided in a matchup between Obama and Romney, but Obama fared better against other Republican candidates, the Times said
Obama losing luster with independent voters: poll - Yahoo! News

Last edited:

The Independent's view? An Independent's view is more accurate. It does not represent anyone but the author.

Idiot.

:lol::lol: Oh Little Girl. You're now at 11 posts in a row, where you discuss me and absolutely no issues, topics etc.... (too weak, stupid, uninformed? You pick) Obssess much? I SO own you! :lol:

Independents are either Liars or have no functioning brain cells

Independents are either Liars or have no functioning brain cells
Independents in some instances refuse to take a stand in principle with anything they think will make them look bad...it's all about appearences...cult of personality rather than substance.

How to tell weak, stupid posters who can't handle things like issues and topics: They post about the poster and never about the subject matter. :lol:

What are the most important issues with Independents? The economy, the debt and unemployment. That's what this race will end up being focused on and Obama gets cut off at the knees on all three topics. The spotlight WILL return to those main issues. Side issues will remain side issues unless the GOP candidate is foolish enough to allow himself to be baited into debating them.

I still see Romney coming out of this with the nomination and he's going to run on sound fiscal policy...not social issues. Unless the economy improves substantially, Obama's got his hands full trying to portray himself as someone with answers to our economic problems. He had three plus years and didn't accomplished much when you consider the trillion dollars he borrowed and spent doing the whole Keynesian thing. And please don't try and tell me that "he" is responsible for the gains in the stock market or a slow down in the rate of job losses, Kiddies... because that happened despite him rather than because of him. You judge the rate of recovery from a recession as proof that a President's economic policies have worked. The tepid recovery we've experienced over the past three years is hardly anything to brag about. Niether is the first credit downgrade in our country's history.

There's nothing independent or logical about IndependntLogic

Here, let me just spank you, T, Frank etc... like the little biotches you are. Facts. You're not prepared to deal with them.
What in the blog do you specifically disagree with and why?

You may now do what whackjobs do: Dodge the question, change the subject, Cut & Run or comment on the poster and not the topics (which face it, we all know are out of reach for you guys. :lol: )

this Independent is not voting for a republican or democrat. i've sworn off voting for the either of the two parties that continue to take us deeper in debt. it's the same logic i use with my financial adviser. if he/she does a good job, they get to keep my long term investments. if they lose money for me, they're fired.

New Topics

Forum List

Back