Obama Is Making A "Pre Buttal" To The State-Of-The-Union Speech

Taxes are at the lowest they've been in forty years thanks to the Bush tax cuts. This has never worked and anybody who listens to the horse shit is foolish.

After the second world war anyone who earned more than $300,000 per year paid 91% of the excess in taxes. That's how we paid our debts. It continued into the 1950's until the debt was at a reasonable level. Now after Reagan and the Bushes running up massive debts and leaving massive interest payments which must be paid each year the Republicans are trying to make it look like something Obama did. Ain't true...never was.

LIFE LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS

Odd not a single mention of sending our hard earned money in for redistribution.

You don't get it do you. That Republican horse shit is a long way from the truth:

3-27-08tax2-f2.jpg

Dems are Marxists and to the Left of Modern Communists

Let's see..

Saved the American auto industry.
Job growth.
Killed Bin Laden.
Lockerbie's author, Gaddafi dead.
Manufacturing plants coming BACK to America.

Seems like the opposite of failure from where I sit.

Oh yeah. He's a savior all right.

Saved the American Auto industry - Yep. He used taxpayers dollars for that one and only part of that has been payed back. They used other taxpayer money, i.e. TARP, to pay back part of it. Who cares if those that had 401K's, retirements and personal money invested got hosed. Barry had to pay back his big Union campaign contributors.

Job Growth - slow, slow and slow. UE is still at 8.5

UBL-That one I'll give credit for. He actually had the balls to order the hit. God bless our Navy Seals for getting it done.

Quadaffi - Not so much. Last I heard that was a NATO deal and the Brits and French were heading that. I'm sure we were behind the scenes but they were the lead. His own people offed his ass.

Manufacturing PLants coming back - How many. One, ten, a hundred and where exactly are they coming back too??

Yep. He's our saviour all right.

Sure is.

Under Bush everything I posted was going in the opposite direction.

GM was failing. 50K factories closed up. Jobs were going bye bye. Deficits were being run up with absolutely no provision to pay for them. Add in Bush handed two clusterfucks, Iraq and Afghanistan over to Obama.

Failure..in it's truest form..was the Bush administration.

And that's the record you guys want to go back to.

They like low taxes for the wealthiest among us even if the money to fund it comes from Communist Chinese banks.

Debt and Deficit sure don't back you up there S.

Barry has been POTUS for 3 years and racked up quite a score there my friend.

The NYT just did a side by side comparision between Obama and Bush. Bush added 5 trillion to the debt..and Obama added 1.5 trillion.

Once the Tax cuts sunset and the cuts due to the trigger go into effect..it looks as if the deficit will reverse.

And that's if NOTHING is done.

I in for the NOTHING being done..and reversing the deficit.

You? :eusa_whistle:

You're actually naive enough to believe that Barry, Harry and Nancy are going to "reverse" the deficit? Let me guess...you also beleive in unicorns and pots of gold at the end of the rainbow? Barack Obama said he would cut our deficit in half by the end of his first term. Instead he's taken the deficit from almost 11 trillion to nearly 15 trillion in three years. Now I was a history major in college, Sallow so numbers aren't my strong suit but that doesn't look like half to me.

Oh yeah. He's a savior all right.

Saved the American Auto industry - Yep. He used taxpayers dollars for that one and only part of that has been payed back. They used other taxpayer money, i.e. TARP, to pay back part of it. Who cares if those that had 401K's, retirements and personal money invested got hosed. Barry had to pay back his big Union campaign contributors.

Job Growth - slow, slow and slow. UE is still at 8.5

UBL-That one I'll give credit for. He actually had the balls to order the hit. God bless our Navy Seals for getting it done.

Quadaffi - Not so much. Last I heard that was a NATO deal and the Brits and French were heading that. I'm sure we were behind the scenes but they were the lead. His own people offed his ass.

Manufacturing PLants coming back - How many. One, ten, a hundred and where exactly are they coming back too??

Yep. He's our saviour all right.

Sure is.

GM was failing. 50K factories closed up. Jobs were going bye bye. Deficits were being run up with absolutely no provision to pay for them. Add in Bush handed two clusterfucks, Iraq and Afghanistan over to Obama.

They like low taxes for the wealthiest among us even if the money to fund it comes from Communist Chinese banks.

Actually I find it amusing when people like you think raising taxes on the wealthy will somehow magically turn the economy around when even your own economists admit that isn't the case. This isn't about economic policy though, Cam...it's about trying to come up with a "message" that Obama can use to try and get reelected. Who cares if it's economically unsound...right? So then what does Barry do once he GETS reelected? Go through with a tax increase that's a recipe for an economic downturn? Of course not...he'll make a half hearted effort to pass a joke of a bill (like he just did with his "jobs bill") knowing that the Republicans and moderate Democrats won't vote for it...and then blame "obstructionism" for why things aren't better. That's what you're going to get with another four years of Obama.

Obama whuppin' up onna terrorists as he spoke...
:clap2:
Secret hostage rescue played out as Obama spoke
Wed Jan 25,`12 WASHINGTON – The secret was still intact when President Barack Obama, entering the House chamber Tuesday evening to deliver his State of the Union speech, pointed at his Pentagon chief and said, "Good job tonight."
Unknown to a global television audience watching the annual Capitol Hill ritual, a bold U.S. raid was still playing out half a world away with an elite Navy SEAL team's rescue of two hostages in Somalia, one of them an American. It was the same unit that killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden, two U.S. officials said Wednesday. Publicly, Obama did not tip his hand during his speech, though microphones picked up his congratulation to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta as he entered the House chamber. Obama pointed his index finger to Panetta and said, "Good job tonight. Good job." Panetta smiled broadly.

Obama had learned shortly before that American aid worker Jessica Buchanan and Poul Hagen Thisted, a Dane, were safely in U.S. military hands. Immediately after the speech, Obama telephoned Buchanan's father from the Capitol to tell him that she was safe and "on her way home," according to the White House. A Pentagon spokesman, Navy Capt. John Kirby, said that although the two hostages were safe by the time Obama gestured to Panetta, the secretive rescue mission had not yet been completed. Kirby and other Pentagon officials declined to reveal details of how the rescue was conducted, although they said the Americans originally intended to capture alive and detain the kidnappers. Instead, for reasons that have not been explained publicly, they killed all nine of them.

Panetta's press secretary, George Little, said the kidnappers were heavily armed, with explosives "nearby." He said neither the two hostages nor any members of the U.S. assault team were injured. Little said one factor in deciding to go ahead with the rescue was that Buchanan's medical condition had been deteriorating. He said it was believed that her condition could be life-threatening. Neither Kirby nor Little would say more about her medical problem or say how the U.S. learned of it getting worse.

More Secret hostage rescue played out as Obama spoke - Yahoo! News

See also:

Obama praises special ops forces in hostage rescue
Wed Jan 25,`12: WASHINGTON – "Good job tonight," President Barack Obama told his Defense chief as he arrived for his annual State of the Union message.
Unknown to a global television audience watching the speech moments later, a bold hostage rescue operation had played out half a world away with an elite Navy SEAL team's rescue of two hostages in Somalia, one of them an American. It was the same SEAL unit that killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden, a U.S. official said Wednesday. Publicly, Obama did not tip his hand during his speech, though microphones picked up his congratulation to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta as he entered the House chamber Tuesday night. Obama pointed his index finger to Panetta and said, "Good job tonight. Good job." Panetta smiled broadly.

Unknown to those watching the speech, Obama had learned shortly before that the operation to rescue American aid worker Jessica Buchanan and another hostage had been successful. Immediately after the speech, Obama returned to the White House to inform Buchanan's father that she was safe and "on her way home," according to a White House statement. It was a dramatic bookend to the pomp and ceremony of one of Washington's most elaborate rituals — the State of the Union. The president did not mention the operation during his address to Congress and the nation, though he did refer to another successful military operation — the May 2011 killing of Osama bin Laden in Pakistan by Navy SEAL Team 6. "One of my proudest possessions is the flag that the SEAL Team took with them on the mission to get bin Laden," Obama said in his speech.

Tuesday's hostage rescue in Somalia was carried out by the same SEAL unit that carried out the bin Laden operation, two U.S. officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss the operation. The unit is the Naval Special Warfare Development Group, also known as SEAL Team 6. The members of the unit who carried out the rescue operation were not the same personnel as those who killed bin Laden, the U.S. officials said. In a predawn White House statement, Obama praised U.S. Special Operations Forces who rescued Buchanan and Dane Poul Hagen Thisted, who had been kidnapped at gunpoint by Somali pirates in October. "As Commander-in-Chief, I could not be prouder of the troops who carried out this mission, and the dedicated professionals who supported their efforts," Obama said in a statement.

U.S. officials speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss the top secret operation, said the SEAL team parachuted into the area and got to the rescue site on foot. Panetta, in a separate statement, said Buchanan and Hagen Thisted "have been transported to a safe location where we will evaluate their health and make arrangements for them to return home." He said the two hostages were not harmed during the operation, and no U.S. troops were killed or injured. "This was a team effort and required close coordination, especially between the Department of Defense and our colleagues in the Federal Bureau of Investigation," Panetta said. On NBC's "Today," Vice President Joe Biden said the U.S. decided to move after determining that Buchanan's health "was beginning to decline." "We wanted to act," Biden said.

More Obama praises special ops forces in hostage rescue - Yahoo! News

Sure is.

Actually I find it amusing when people like you think raising taxes on the wealthy will somehow magically turn the economy around when even your own economists admit that isn't the case. This isn't about economic policy though, Cam...it's about trying to come up with a "message" that Obama can use to try and get reelected. Who cares if it's economically unsound...right? So then what does Barry do once he GETS reelected? Go through with a tax increase that's a recipe for an economic downturn? Of course not...he'll make a half hearted effort to pass a joke of a bill (like he just did with his "jobs bill") knowing that the Republicans and moderate Democrats won't vote for it...and then blame "obstructionism" for why things aren't better. That's what you're going to get with another four years of Obama.

All I know is it worked before Reagan:

3-27-08tax2-f2.jpg

Negatives and hyperbole in the face of a positive message. LOL. Reagan would laugh at you guys.

He was more than likely laughing at us while he was screwing us:

Total U S Debt

09/30/2009 $11,909,829,003,511.75(80% Of All Debt Across 232 Years Borrowed By Reagan And Bushes)

09/30/2008 $10,024,724,896,912.49(Times Square Debt Clock Modified To Accomodate Tens of Trillions)

09/30/2007 $9,007,653,372,262.48
09/30/2006 $8,506,973,899,215.23
09/30/2005 $7,932,709,661,723.50
09/30/2004 $7,379,052,696,330.32

09/30/2003 $6,783,231,062,743.62(Second Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2002 $6,228,235,965,597.16

09/30/2001 $5,807,463,412,200.06(First Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2000 $5,674,178,209,886.86(Administration And Congress Arguing About How To Use Surplus)

09/30/1999 $5,656,270,901,615.43(First Surplus Generated...On Track To Pay Off Debt By 2012)

09/30/1998 $5,526,193,008,897.62
09/30/1997 $5,413,146,011,397.34
09/30/1996 $5,224,810,939,135.73
09/29/1995 $4,973,982,900,709.39
09/30/1994 $4,692,749,910,013.32

09/30/1993 $4,411,488,883,139.38(Debt Quadrupled By Reagan/Bush41)

09/30/1992 $4,064,620,655,521.66
09/30/1991 $3,665,303,351,697.03
09/28/1990 $3,233,313,451,777.25
09/29/1989 $2,857,430,960,187.32
09/30/1988 $2,602,337,712,041.16
09/30/1987 $2,350,276,890,953.00
09/30/1986 $2,125,302,616,658.42
09/30/1985 $1,823,103,000,000.00
09/30/1984 $1,572,266,000,000.00
09/30/1983 $1,377,210,000,000.00

09/30/1982 $1,142,034,000,000.00(Total Debt Passes $1 Trillion)

09/30/1981 $997,855,000,000.00

All I know is it worked before Reagan:

3-27-08tax2-f2.jpg

Gee, Cam...if it "worked" before Reagan why is Christina Romer cautioning against raising taxes? Before Reagan was Carter...NOTHING worked while Carter was in the White House.

Forum List

Back