Obama Is Killing The Democratic Party

I think Obama has been the most destructive for Democrats because what's left of his supporters are inconsistent, rabid and make the average liberal look uninformed and stupid.

Conservatives are not much better, but in 4 years Obama turned his party’s optimism into unrestrained hate speech as Bush did to the Republican party. The main difference is it took Obama about 3 years to accomplish what took Bush 6ish years.

An example of a liberal that is at least willing to debate honestly, someone that looks for answers but has their own beliefs… UScitizen.

An example of a reactionary run of the mill bigoted hate filled “liberal” would be Rdean, RW, TM, Shaman and fanhasHPV.

shutup.jpg

Obama is killing the Democratic Party

Obama is killing the Democratic Party - Right Turn - The Washington Post

President Obama, I have frequently argued, has been fabulous for the conservative movement. He spurred the creation of the tea party. He helped the GOP win the House majority in 2010 and make big gains in the Senate. His Obamacare has helped revive the Commerce Clause and given a boost to conservative jurisprudence. His refusal to support human rights has caused a bipartisan revulsion and reminded us that foreign policy must be girded by American values. He’s sent independents running into the GOP’s arms. He’s forced conservatives to think hard and express eloquently principles of religious liberty, limited government, free markets and Constitutional democracy.

Obama also has wreaked havoc in the the Democratic Party. He’s firmly affixed the “tax and spend” label to it after Bill Clinton declared that the era of big government was over. He’s made Clinton into a pitch man for Mitt Romney. His rejection of the Keystone XL pipeline has split the party. His refusal to adopt the Simpson-Bowles commission’s recommendations has turned Democrats into reactionaries, defending the status quo on entitlements. He’s alienated Jewish voters. He’s re-McGovernized the party, which now stands for appeasing despotic powers, turning on allies and slashing defense spending.

As Ross Douthat wrote, “House Republicans have spent the past two years taking tough votes on entitlement reform, preparing themselves for an ambitious offensive should 2012 deliver the opportunity to cast those same votes and have them count. The Senate Democrats, on the other hand, have failed to even pass a budget: There is no Democratic equivalent of Paul Ryan’s fiscal blueprint, no Democratic plan to swallow hard and raise middle class taxes the way Republicans look poised to swallow hard and overhaul Medicare. Indeed, there’s no liberal agenda to speak of at the moment, beyond a resounding ‘No!’ to whatever conservatism intends to do.”

Ed Rendell has become something of a detractor of Obama's.

Asked by host Charlie Rose whether he thought Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton would have handled the presidency differently from Obama, Rendell responded that he thought Clinton “would’ve come in with a lot more executive experience.”

“I think the president was hurt by being a legislator only,” Rendell said.

He went on to praise the national health care law and the economic stimulus, but argued that “too much of it was left up to the Congress” rather than the White House.

“I think Hillary Clinton would’ve sent them a bill and said, ‘Here’s what I want,’” he said.

Rendell, 68, also joked about prodding Clinton, who turns 65 in October, to pursue a presidential bid. At a recent dinner, he said, he reminded the secretary of state that if she thinks he looks great for his age, then she should consider running in 2016 – when she will be as old as Rendell currently is.

This can only be good for the GOP. I wonder if people can see the mess Obama has created.

Ya think?---:badgrin::badgrin:

rman13611l.jpg

What helped Republicans more than anything was the fact so many are racist. Everyone knows it. It's no secret. Why was Michael Steele treated so bad when he was head? He brought in a lot of money to the Republican Party. But too many couldn't stand the fact he's black. The party is 90% white. I suspect they aren't racist by a "narrow majority".

What isn't a secret is that you make these assertions but somehow leave out the support for your claim.

Please prove your point....dickweed.

Obama does not get to the WH without a lot of white votes (many of which are deserting him).

Obama gets to the WH with 95% of the black vote.

Who are the racists ?

Forum List

Back