Obama is going to win 2012

Dick Tator

Dec 8, 2009
As someone who doesn't like Obama, it pains me to say it. But it's the truth. Neither Romney nor Santorum can beat him. Romney will feed into Obama's very argument about the rich. Obama will just say that Romney wants to lower his own taxes while hurting everyone else. Obama vs. Romney would play itself out like Robin Hood vs. Prince John. That would be the ONLY issue as they agree on most everything else. Romney MIGHT be able to pull it off, but it would be extremely close. It just depends on his ability to control the dialog but I don't see that as his strong point. That's actually Obama's strongest ability.

Santorum... If he gets the nomination Obama's win would be bigger than 2008. Santorum is a religious zealot. They agree on most everything else, honestly, and the religious thing is the only difference. Santorum would be like getting Pope Obama. His stances on things like women's rights and so forth would unite the left. His hardcore positions would also alienate the middle which is very secular. Elections can't be won without moderates. Santorum doesn't appeal to moderates at all.

I don't want to turn this into a Ron Paul thread because he's honestly not going to get the nomination... but I feel that he's the only one who could beat Obama. The right would vote for him, that's a given. He would appeal to many moderates with varying views, and he would appeal to many on the left who are sick of the wars, tired of Obama's taxing the people to subsidize the big banks/big business. This by itself would make up for the neo-cons who would sit out of the election.

Just my opinion. Take it as you will.

As someone who doesn't like Obama, it pains me to say it. But it's the truth. Neither Romney nor Santorum can beat him. Romney will feed into Obama's very argument about the rich. Obama will just say that Romney wants to lower his own taxes while hurting everyone else. Obama vs. Romney would play itself out like Robin Hood vs. Prince John. That would be the ONLY issue as they agree on most everything else. Romney MIGHT be able to pull it off, but it would be extremely close. It just depends on his ability to control the dialog but I don't see that as his strong point. That's actually Obama's strongest ability.

Santorum... If he gets the nomination Obama's win would be bigger than 2008. Santorum is a religious zealot. They agree on most everything else, honestly, and the religious thing is the only difference. Santorum would be like getting Pope Obama. His stances on things like women's rights and so forth would unite the left. His hardcore positions would also alienate the middle which is very secular. Elections can't be won without moderates. Santorum doesn't appeal to moderates at all.

I don't want to turn this into a Ron Paul thread because he's honestly not going to get the nomination... but I feel that he's the only one who could beat Obama. The right would vote for him, that's a given. He would appeal to many moderates with varying views, and he would appeal to many on the left who are sick of the wars, tired of Obama's taxing the people to subsidize the big banks/big business. This by itself would make up for the neo-cons who would sit out of the election.

Dick Tator From DA?

I think Santorum has a good chance to beat Obama. I think he plays well in the rust belt. Some of the handful of the states that need to be flipped to win.

This is like the 50th thread with the same title in the last month. I think we will see someone else jump into the race here before too long, maybe christy or jindal. Have to wait and see.

I think Santorum has a good chance to beat Obama. I think he plays well in the rust belt. Some of the handful of the states that need to be flipped to win.

The left does great when they have a "cause" to support. The cause of reelecting a horrible president doesn't appeal to many of them. However the cause of standing up against a theocracy and defending women's rights would unite them like never before. While America is overwhelmingly Christian, America is a secular nation. Secular Christianity rules the day. Santorum's brand of Christianity just wouldn't appeal to anyone except for the extremely unintelligent. He would have the Religious Right vote. So what? The Religious Right doesn't win elections in this country, especially if the candidate turns off everyone else.

The left does great when they have a "cause" to support. The cause of reelecting a horrible president doesn't appeal to many of them. However the cause of standing up against a theocracy and defending women's rights would unite them like never before. While America is overwhelmingly Christian, America is a secular nation. Secular Christianity rules the day. Santorum's brand of Christianity just wouldn't appeal to anyone except for the extremely unintelligent. He would have the Religious Right vote. So what? The Religious Right doesn't win elections in this country, especially if the candidate turns off everyone else.

I don't know...it elected W twice. Has the country changed that much in 10 years?

I think we will see someone else jump into the race here before too long, maybe christy or jindal. Have to wait and see.

Then you think wrong.

The ballot deadlines have come and gone. In fact, Romney and Paul are the only ones who are going to be on the ballot in all 50 states. Santorum and Gingrich didn't make the deadlines in many states. In fact, Virginia will be a race between ONLY Paul and Romney with neither Gingrich or Santorum qualifying.

Last edited:
I don't know...it elected W twice. Has the country changed that much in 10 years?

W was reelected in 2004 because the democratic nominee was a rich elitist who couldn't connect and actually turned off people. Romney is the same type of candidate.

W was reelected in 2004 because the democratic nominee was a rich elitist who couldn't connect and actually turned off people. Romney is the same type of candidate.

That's true re: Romney. I was referring to Santorum in my W comparison. My prediction is with the way fuel (gasoline) is rising the economy will be in worse shape by August than it is now. Look for the DOW to be below 10,000. I think by November it may well be an anyone but Obama vote.
But regarding Santorum comparison to W Bush, Santorum does seem more outspoken and in your face more than Bush was with his faith. Hard to say. But I do think the Evangelicals turned out in droves to elect W twice.

That's true re: Romney. I was referring to Santorum in my W comparison. My prediction is with the way fuel (gasoline) is rising the economy will be in worse shape by August than it is now. Look for the DOW to be below 10,000. I think by November it may well be an anyone but Obama vote.
But regarding Santorum comparison to W Bush, Santorum does seem more outspoken and in your face more than Bush was with his faith. Hard to say. But I do think the Evangelicals turned out in droves to elect W twice.

The portion is bold is exactly my point. Santorum may get the RR vote like Bush, but unlike Bush, Santorum will turn off moderates. Elections aren't won by the RR vote. They are won by moderates.

It's hard to take a guy named "Dick Tator" seriously, especially when he thinks Ron Paul could be elected President. I think you're fucked mentally up Tator.

Romney's actually worse. People are already making him out to be Gordon Gekko..who he looks amazing like.

That and he wrote an OpED in the New York Times clamoring for the auto industry's demise.

You couldn't hope for a better opponent.

Bush lost the popular vote first time around..and squeaked by in the second vote.

Santorum doesn't have a prayer.. :lol:

Romney's actually worse. People are already making him out to be Gordon Gekko..who he looks amazing like.

That and he wrote an OpED in the New York Times clamoring for the auto industry's demise.

You couldn't hope for a better opponent.

Really? I think he looks more like Jack T. Colton.

Romancing_the_stone.jpg

They said the exact same thing about every Republican running for the nomination when Carter was President and in fact Carter was ahead in the polls against every single one of them in head-to-head match ups. They said the same thing when Reagan won the nomination and Democrats insisted that was the very guy they wanted up against Carter because he was nothing but a former actor and since he was Republican, a stupid one at that and just pretending he could play President. Every time he gave a speech the media made some dumb comment about whether he was legitimately Presidential or just acting Presidential. The fact the man left acting decades earlier and had been a popular two term governor and president of the screen actors guild -rarely discussed at all so they could focus on whether he had even been a good actor or not! Seriously the left went bonkers after Reagan and of course immediately did the leftwing stunt of insisting the Republican was the stupid one as well. Carter still beat Reagan in the polls right up to a few weeks before the election when Reagan just squeaked ahead. And on election day Reagan kicked Carter's ass all over the country in one of the biggest blow out elections in history.

Predicting who is going to win months before the election is a waste of time and I suspect is only done for people who enjoy wringing their hands.

Gas prices already increased 100% under Obama even before this week when gas sharply rose by another 17-20 cents a gallon. Prices are now predicted to easily reach $5 a gallon before summer and nowhere close to leveling off. Higher gas prices means the cost of all goods manufactured and shipped in this country will start sharply rising right behind it -no one can afford to eat the costs and stay in business and is automatically passed on to the consumer. People will remember he said "no" to the Canadians on the Keystone pipeline that would have provided us with access to cheaper oil and THOUSANDS Of jobs. The Congressional Budget Office released a report today that the REAL unemployment number is actually 15% -and not the lying ass number being reported by the media and how that number ignores the fact that 11 MILLION workers have now given up on finding a job and just dropped out of the work force entirely. Under Obama both the top economic classes and the middle class have SHRUNK -with the only economic class to grow being that of the poor and we now "enjoy" the highest rate of poverty seen in over 50 years. Obama presented another stupid pretend budget which even his OWN PARTY says is bullshit crap unworthy of even being voted on because no Democrats will support it and is based on smoke and mirrors and stupid, asinine predictions like a 4% growth in the economy -something every economist says is unsupported by the facts and REALITY and is NOT going to happen -and cheap accounting gimmicks unworthy of a President. Even Democrats are admitting Obama's claim that he presented a balanced budget is just not true and in fact his budget INCREASES spending yet again when the level of spending is already UNSUSTAINABLE. Democrats admit Obama's budget does NOT address the severity of the problems facing this nation -and therefore Harry Reid will not even allow it be brought to a vote. Because any Democrat who votes for Obama's budget puts a nail in their own coffin to get re-elected and they all know it -so rather than do that, Obama's budget was tossed in the trash. It is the same reason why Democrats have refused to pass ANY budget since they took control of government -they do not want to defend what they have done to this nation with an official budget. To say nothing of the fact that after spending his entire time in office insisting Bush was still to blame for everything as if HE still held more power than Obama and all the Democrats combined (and ignore the fact Democrats controlled spending during the last two years of Bush' Presidency and NOT Republicans.) The facts don't add up any longer now that Obama actually has a record -and it's BAD, really bad. Under Bush the deficit increased by an average of $607 billion a year. Compare that to the fact under Democrat control, it has increased by about $1.7 TRILLION a year. A YEAR. Trillion and billion are meaningless numbers because no one can visualize that number and no one can count that high -but a little perspective on the difference. It takes 32 years to count to one billion -and 32,000 years to count to a trillion. BIG difference between similar sounding words that to most people mean little more than "lots". Many Presidents get left holding the bag when they take office -and while voters usually don't blame the new President for what he was handed, they DO hold him responsible for the trend after the hand-off. Obama was handed an unemployment rate of 7.8%, the highest it ever reached under Bush -and we haven't seen that again since Obama was sworn in. Worse yet is the fact our work force under Obama has shrunk by more than 11 MILLION workers. Obama was handed a poor situation -which is no excuse for the fact he then made it much, much worse because of HIS policies -not Bush's. Continuing to blame Bush isn't going to work well as a campaign strategy except among the biggest dunces of the nation who would never hold a Democrat accountable for what he has done no matter what.

It is easy to claim Obama will win when at the moment Republicans are still running against each other and not Obama. Once their target changes, the campaign becomes about Obama and HIS record with the Republican focusing on the real thrust of the campaign just as Reagan did with the thrust of his message being: If you think THIS is as good as it gets under any President, that THIS is what it is supposed to look like in this country -then certainly re-elect Obama. Because THAT is the only thing this election will be about -no matter how hard Democrats and the liberal media lackeys will try to make it about the Republican -in the end, people know it is really all about Obama and whether they have the stomach for another four years of this mess.

Last edited:
Start with the base map at 270towin.com.

Santorum takes PA, his home state.

He probabaly takes MI, WI and OH, as he is pro union conservative.

MO, IA, NC and maybe VA go his way as a Social and Fiscal conservative. They went to Bush.

That's 289 electoral votes...winner Santorum.

Even without VA, it's 276...winner Santorum.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back