Obama is going to cause the Apocalypse!

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Saw this on CNN yesterday afternoon, and then went looking for a place to reference it......

Cardinal Stafford: Obama is 'apocalyptic'

Baltimore's own James Francis Cardinal Stafford at Catholic University last week. From CUA Tower:

His Eminence James Francis Cardinal Stafford criticized President-elect Barack Obama as “aggressive, disruptive and apocalyptic,“ and said he campaigned on an “extremist anti-life platform,” Thursday night in Keane Auditorium during his lecture “Pope Paul VI and Pope John Paul II: Being True in Body and Soul.“

“For the next few years, Gethsemane will not be marginal. We will know that garden,” Stafford said, comparing America’s future with Obama as president to Jesus’ agony in the garden. “On November 4, 2008, America suffered a cultural earthquake.”

Cardinal Stafford said Catholics must deal with the “hot, angry tears of betrayal” by beginning a new sentiment where one is “with Jesus, sick because of love.”

The lecture, hosted by the Pontifical John Paul II Institute for Studies on Marriage and Family, pertained to Humanae Vitae, a papal encyclical written by Pope Paul VI in 1968 and celebrating its 40 anniversary this year.

Stafford also spoke about the decline of a respect for human life and the need for Catholics to return to the original values of marriage and human dignity.

“If 1968 was the year of America’s ‘suicide attempt,’ 2008 is the year of America’s exhaustion,” said Stafford, an American Cardinal and Major Penitentiary of the Apostolic Penitentiary for the Tribunal of the Holy See. “In the intervening 40 years since Humanae Vitae, the United States has been thrown upon ruins.”

Jay Hancock's blog: Cardinal Stafford: Obama is 'apocalyptic' - Economic navigation and sightseeing - baltimoresun.com

You know....for a bunch of people who supposedly speak with God, the Catholics sure mess things up in the translation.

Kinda like the Christian Coalition has been doing when they said Obama was the Anti-Christ.

Last edited:
Saw this on CNN yesterday afternoon, and then went looking for a place to reference it......

You know....for a bunch of people who supposedly speak with God, the Catholics sure mess things up in the translation.

Kinda like the Christian Coalition has been doing when they said Obama was the Anti-Christ.

Most catholics have been against abortion all along.

As for the Anti-Christ, every president I can remember, including GW has been called the anti-christ, why not Obama?

I think that every president has gotten his share of "anti-christ", and persecution. Obama will be getting a different kind than Bush did and from different sources. Religious and political judgment are far to prevalent in our society. Leave the judgments to God and history.

But, here's what kinda confuses me.....

McCain said Obama was the "Chosen One" and also called him "Messiah".

The Catholic Church, as well as quite a few "good Christians" have called him the Anti-Christ.

Which is it?

The Catholic Church, as well as quite a few "good Christians" have called him the Anti-Christ.

Which is it?

Well, my opinon is that if he's being called the "messiah" or the "chosen one", then the chances that he IS the anti-christ go up. Remember, he will be accepted as the messiah to begin with, it's only after he takes over the world that the truth about him comes out.

Not saying he IS the anti-christ, just that with all these people calling him "messiah", he fits the bill more than any of our past presidents.

Catholics specifically believe there are NO Prophets on earth and as such do not believe anyone gets divine information since Jesus and his apostales.

They do not talk to God. They prey and hope he listens. They hope they are right about the interpretations they have made over the years as to what Jesus and God want. I would say the Inquisition pretty much puts their success to zero.

Well......you DO realize that 6 is the number of man, and the three 6's (I think) are more indicative of a consortium of 3 men who will fill that spot.

Next thing you know, the fanatical fruitcakes are going to try to add HIS name up to 666.

Which is it?

The right was referencing the fact most Obama supporters know next to nothing about him except he is a good looking BLACK man and can speak well. He won not because of ability or position, he won cause the left successfully portrayed McCain as another Bush.

Catholics specifically believe there are NO Prophets on earth and as such do not believe anyone gets divine information since Jesus and his apostales.

They do not talk to God. They prey and hope he listens. They hope they are right about the interpretations they have made over the years as to what Jesus and God want. I would say the Inquisition pretty much puts their success to zero.

Well RGS, that kinda brings up an interesting question then.......

WTF does the Pope do all day? Isn't he the supposed interface between us and God? If so, how in the hell can he do his job if he can't talk to God.

BTW......check out my thread on telepathy in Religion and tell me what ya think. It addresses some of this in a round about way. And.....if we can't talk to God, then what is the point of prayer? Because, in order to have a clear conversation (and they keep telling us that we need a "close personal relationship with God and Jesus"), you not only need to talk to the person (prayer), but you need to LISTEN for the answers (meditation).

And yes.....IMHO prophets and Tzadiks still exist even today.

2i20uax.jpg

Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

WAR — FAMINE — PESTILENCE — DEATH

He is the singlemost powerful, effecting President I've witnessed before ever having spent a day in office. :)

Forum List

Back