Obama is back! New NBC poll results

Yuk........yuk................

Breaking now on DRUDGE...........and I couldnt be laughing any harder.

Obama on comedy central: 'when four americans get killed, it's not optimal'

Now.....if you're the president, are you actually going to show up for this next debate now???:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::D
not a smart line by presdient. given romney a line of attack their

Now.....if you're the president, are you actually going to show up for this next debate now???:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::D

Have you read the whole quote for context?
It's much the same as the "you didn't build that" quote.

Or much the same as the "47%" quote by Romney that was taken out of context...oh hang on...that was in context.
My mistake

i just amazed he did not say. it was not right or the fact they were not killed as disgraceful. I think he was naive their.

He got to be ready for romney attack on this on monday.

Or much the same as the "47%" quote by Romney that was taken out of context...oh hang on...that was in context.
My mistake

how did the Obama mean it?

My mistake

He was referring to the communications between the branches not being optimal, in response to a question using that word.
He was not referring to the murders.

i just amazed he did not say. it was not right or the fact they were not killed as disgraceful. I think he was naive their.

Unfortunately, pretty much any off-the-cuff comment could be used out of context.
It would be impossible to self-censor, or continuously second guess the misuse that every word you utter might be put to.

My mistake

He was referring to the communications between the branches not being optimal, in response to a question using that word.
He was not referring to the murders.
well your right but you know romney and gop will use this to put it out of context. so he kind of was bit nalive to use the word

i just hope he ready for romney atttack on this and whole librya thing. be probally first topic of debate and he better be ready as gop want him on this

My mistake

Paraphrase:

Jon Stewart: So would you say that the communication was not optimal? Obama: yes, when 4 Americans die, I'd say it's not optimal. He was of course, referring to the communication, NOT the deaths, as being "not optimal."

Of course, this is a chance at more false moral outrage.

Unfortunately, pretty much any off-the-cuff comment could be used out of context.
It would be impossible to self-censor, or continuously second guess the misuse that every word you utter might be put to.
very true but as you know it election season and any word that does not seem normal or bit odd will be pounced on and twisted.

bit like when he said pig on stick thing he said four years ago in regards to palin. we knew what he meant but gop when after him on that

My mistake

Paraphrase:

Jon Stewart: So would you say that the communication was not optimal? Obama: yes, when 4 Americans die, I'd say it's not optimal. He was of course, referring to the communication, NOT the deaths, as being "not optimal."

Of course, this is a chance at more false moral outrage.

At any point you can textually criticise the reasoning. I know reasoning is hard for you. But try. It really IS worth the effort.

election often not their for reasoning with 24 hours news always looking for stories.

Rassmussen is a Right Wing Hack and Gallup is overcounting the White Vote...

So, no, I wouldn't place too much in either of those polls.

wow, you are going full blown insane huh?
Gallup is over counting the WHITE vote. I wonder how they tell a persons SKIN color over a phone?

They actually do ask people's race and ethnicity over the phone when they do these polls. As well as Gender.

What amazes me is that they get any results at all. I did a phone bank last saturday for Tammy Duckworth. Half the phones were wrong numbers or no one answered, half those who did didn't want to talk.

Ummm.. I am on the gallup polls, get about 4 a month... and there is never a question as to race....

And I have been notified of a debate poll coming up...

Dear MR. XXXXXXXXXX :

On behalf of the Gallup Panel, we would like to thank you for being a Panel member. It is important that your opinions be heard.

On Monday, October 22nd Barack Obama and Mitt Romney will have their final debate before the presidential election. This debate is scheduled to take place from 9:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. Eastern Time and will be broadcast live on the major television networks such as ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and cable news channels.

Gallup will be sending you a survey the week of the debate. If you watch the debate, we hope you will take a few minutes to share your opinions with us.

If you do not watch the debate, you do not need to complete the survey.

Sincerely,

Mike McDonald

Panel Relationship Manager

You received this email because you are a Gallup Panel member and directed us to send email to this address.

Unsubscribe

Copyright © 2012 Gallup, Inc. All rights reserved.

Gallup World Headquarters, 901 F Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20004 USA

wow, you are going full blown insane huh?
Gallup is over counting the WHITE vote. I wonder how they tell a persons SKIN color over a phone?

They actually do ask people's race and ethnicity over the phone when they do these polls. As well as Gender.

What amazes me is that they get any results at all. I did a phone bank last saturday for Tammy Duckworth. Half the phones were wrong numbers or no one answered, half those who did didn't want to talk.

Ummm.. I am on the gallup polls, get about 4 a month... and there is never a question as to race....

Dear MR. XXXXXXXXXX :

On behalf of the Gallup Panel, we would like to thank you for being a Panel member. It is important that your opinions be heard.

On Monday, October 22nd Barack Obama and Mitt Romney will have their final debate before the presidential election. This debate is scheduled to take place from 9:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. Eastern Time and will be broadcast live on the major television networks such as ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and cable news channels.

Gallup will be sending you a survey the week of the debate. If you watch the debate, we hope you will take a few minutes to share your opinions with us.

Sincerely,

Mike McDonald

You received this email because you are a Gallup Panel member and directed us to send email to this address.

Unsubscribe

Okay, that's emails, these polls are conducted by phone.... and yes, they do ask about gender and race.

Dear MR. XXXXXXXXXX :

Sincerely,

Mike McDonald

Unsubscribe

Okay, that's emails, these polls are conducted by phone.... and yes, they do ask about gender and race.
well i just hope gallup polls are wrong. otherwise romney winning in a landslide.

A couple weeks ago, all the Republicans told us Gallup was working as an Obama shill because the Justice Department was filing a lawsuit against Gallup. But since conservatives are blessedly free of the curse of long-term memory, they've again forgotten another position they just held, and now swear Gallup is obviously the best pollster. No, don't bother asking them to explain it. That never ends well. Just accept it.

So, new polls, from today or yesterday.

Zogby puts Obama at +6 in Florida. Looks like an outlier for Obama. But then, if Gallup is believable with its outliers, so must be Zogby.
NewsmaxZogby Poll: Obama Widens Florida Lead With Post-Debate Bounce

SurveyUSA poll says Obama +1 Florida.
CNN poll says Romney +1 in Florida.

Those look more reasonable. Florida is neck-and-neck. Romney can't win without it, but Obama can.

PPP (which has shown Obama doing a little less well than other polls) puts Obama at +2 in Virginia
Obama leads by 2 in Virginia - Public Policy Polling

Last edited:
A couple weeks ago, all the Republicans told us Gallup was working as an Obama shill because the Justice Department was filing a lawsuit against Gallup. But since conservatives are blessedly free of the curse of long-term memory, they've again forgotten another position they just held, and now swear Gallup is obviously the best pollster. No, don't bother asking them to explain it. That never ends well. Just accept it.

So, new polls, from today or yesterday.

Zogby puts Obama at +6 in Florida. Looks like an outlier for Obama. But then, if Gallup is believable with its outliers, so must be Zogby.
NewsmaxZogby Poll: Obama Widens Florida Lead With Post-Debate Bounce

SurveyUSA poll says Obama +1 Florida.
CNN poll says Romney +1 in Florida.

Those look more reasonable. Florida is neck-and-neck. Romney can't win without it, but Obama can.

PPP (which has shown Obama doing a little less well than other polls) puts Obama at +2 in Virginia
Obama leads by 2 in Virginia - Public Policy Polling

Gallups polls make absolutely no sense at this point. They are completely alien to all other polls.

I myself, pay attention to more than just polls. Other indicators matter. This is the first presidency where social media has taken a huge front seat. And Obama is head and shoulders ahead in that arena.

Calling angry white people at home is one thing. Knowing the mindset of an entire nation is another.

RCP average today for

WI 2.8 Obama
IA 2.4 Obama
OH 2.6 Obama
PA 5.0 Obama
MI 5.0 Obama

Romney is going to have to take Ohio.

NYTimes is a good rag, but I think RCP this year really has the pulse of the people.

Forum List

Back