Obama is anti Gun and anti Assault Rilfe.

Have you ever prevented an ongoing crime with a gun, Loki?

Do you personally know anyone who has?

I don't although I read all the time (from guns queers, mostly) how citizens prevent crimes a lot with their guns.

Now understand I don't give a rat's ass about guns or gun control, but still...I'm a middle aged guy whose known (probably) tens of thousands of people in my lifetime and I do not know a single gun ower who ever stopped a crime with their gun.

Hence my annoying question in the middle of the mindless bitchfest some of you are enjoying.

Well Mr. don't care about Gun control, some of us do value the right to bear arms. If you want to be unarmed and vulnerable,and easy pickens for criminals, don't get mad that you were victimized,because of your apathetic
views about Gun ownership,that is your own fault.

The way I see it in the Future, those who have the Guns will be runing things.
All you unarmed people, good luck,your going to need it.

Dr. Gump dared someone to find an instance where someone was killed by soft cheese. I was obliged to do so. I think Loki just quoted what I had posted and was actually telling Dr. Gump to STFU.....I could be wrong, but this is how I think/hope it was intended.

Was kind of silly...and then he expected me to search back how far to find his association??? So did we ever find someone who died from soft cheese?

Bizarre. Thanks, kiddo.

Was kind of silly...and then he expected me to search back how far to find his association??? So did we ever find someone who died from soft cheese?

Bizarre. Thanks, kiddo.

Yes ma'am. There was a story I posted with a link. I think it was 40 some-odd people killed by a disease from soft cheese from Mexico...

:clap2: ok seeing as though nothing I ever say gets through to you idiots Im going to continue repeating myself.

I have never changed my position in this post. YES you are monkey faggot pussies for even dreaming about owning a gun. YES someone without a gun could take your little pussy stick away from you while you sleep, while you work, while you spend time with your family...hell they dont need ANY WEAPON AT ALL TO TAKE IT!

Also, you dipshits who cant read PROOOOOOOFFFFFF!!!!! Over 80% of gun-related crimes occur with stolen or illegally obtained firearms! So I guess my fairy-tale scenarios you only see in the movies happen ALL THE FUCKING TIME!

Bureau of Justice Statistics Firearms and Crime Statistics (HERE'S PROOF)

Also on the same website you will see that AFTER the introduction of federally funded programs to better help law enforcement and neighborhood watch groups, crimes involving firearms drasticly decreased!

Every single arguement against what I have been saying in this post is CLEARLY hate speach filled with MINDLESS banter about why your fucking dick is gonna fall off if your guns are taken away!

Crime will ALWAYS happen, no matter if guns are involved or not! More people are still beaten, robbed, and raped in this country than those who get shot with a gun! Its gonna happen! So maybe you all should start thinking about what the reprocussions are for "clinging to your guns."

And Im ready for round 57 anytime guys. It is so much fun watching you retards react to me this much, its better than having a little brother!

How about ratcheting down your act a few notches? If all you want to do is flame, there's a forum for it.

I don't although I read all the time (from guns queers, mostly) how citizens prevent crimes a lot with their guns.

Now understand I don't give a rat's ass about guns or gun control, but still...I'm a middle aged guy whose known (probably) tens of thousands of people in my lifetime and I do not know a single gun ower who ever stopped a crime with their gun.

Hence my annoying question in the middle of the mindless bitchfest some of you are enjoying.

My wife and I have shot two people in our time, both unwanted home invasions in my early 20's living in less than desirable neighborhood back then. Killed neither, unfortunately, but I wasn't as good a shot as I am now. Come into my home, uninvited, and I will shoot to kill you without hesitation or remorse.... because I've already "been there, done that"....

You are looking at this in completely the wrong way and are generalizing too much editec. You seem to think that everyone who owns a gun owns one for defense and safety. My dad has owned guns his whole life and until recently, never had any guns designed or intended for self defense. I own 7 guns, and 6 of them are used for recreational purposes. Target shooting, hunting, skeet, etc... Owning a gun does not put you in the category of neighborhood mercenary who thinks he's going to stop a crime. My wife's family lives in the country. THe nearest house is about a 1/2 mile away. One night they heard someone trying to get in through a window. They had time to get to a gun in the event that someone entered. They ended up calling the cops and stayed inside. Had the person gotten in before the cops got there, they would have been toast. Turns out it was some kids trying to get into the house to steal things. Had the suspects been armed and have different motives, it could have been really dangerous, but at least my wife's family would have had something to even the odds a bit. Going after an armed (gun) criminal with a butcher knife will not cut it (pun). You must live in a city if the people that own guns are assholes....which could be a possible persuasion device against guns. I've also noticed this change in the city. I went to Houstong one time and stopped at a place called Carter's Country. The guy we were dealing with was really gungho about guns and seemed to thing he was a soldier of fortune or something. I'll tell you that most country people do not act like city people when it comes to guns. A gun is like an extra arm or a home decoration. They claim Texas is the friendliest state in the Union....pretty ironic since almost "all people who own guns are assholes." (j/k):lol:

I killed over 100 deer and countless geese, ducks, rabbits, squirrels....and I've eaten it all. I own guns for hunting, sport shooting, and yes, I keep a loaded gun in my car and my nightstand, just in case.....I have a history of needing them...

I killed over 100 deer and countless geese, ducks, rabbits, squirrels....and I've eaten it all. I own guns for hunting, sport shooting, and yes, I keep a loaded gun in my car and my nightstand, just in case.....I have a history of needing them...

Exactly. Sorry to hear about your home invasion. I, as well, keep a loaded gun in my nightstand just in case. I also have a shotgun loaded in the corner behind the closet door in-case a little more power is needed. I hope that I am never in the position to have to use one on another human being, but when it comes to my family and personal safety, I will use them. Fortunately enough for me, I've never had a situation like yours and have only used my guns for recreation. Good POst by the way. According to OutsidetheBox24, you should use a knife and your bare hands to catch your duck, squirrels, rabbits, geese, and deer. :cuckoo:

By the way, how'd you do with geese this last year. I live on the Texas coast and we usually have awesome years (considering it's where the geese migrate to). However, this year we had a big turn out right at the beginning of the season but they seemed to disappear the rest of the season. Many hunters complained about the lack of bird this year. The other problem we had this year, is that the snows seemed to be more skittish this year. I bet we had an unuasual amount of older birds. You couldn't get snows to land in the spread for anything. Usually you bring home a limit of snows, but not this year. The only way you could get them down close enough last year was to wait for a stormy cold frong (You know the one's that bring the temp down do about 25 degrees while dumping sleet and hail on you?).

It was a bad neighborhood. An apartment over a guy's garage.... One of those shot was the "landlord" who thought he could just walk in whenever he wanted to....he found out he could not....

Geese weren't too good last year. They came down slowly, not in bunches so they were spread out. Ducks not much better. Deer were like shooting fish in a barrel though. The rabbits were taken while boredom set in at the duck and geese blinds.... I live in western Iowa....

It was a bad neighborhood. An apartment over a guy's garage.... One of those shot was the "landlord" who thought he could just walk in whenever he wanted to....he found out he could not....

Geese weren't too good last year. They came down slowly, not in bunches so they were spread out. Ducks not much better. Deer were like shooting fish in a barrel though. The rabbits were taken while boredom set in at the duck and geese blinds.... I live in western Iowa....

AHH....poor landlord...lol. We had a tough deer season this year also. We had alot of Acorns drop this year and they stayed good all winter. It was mid-January, and we were still finding good Acorns--they would feed on those and not come to the feeders.. I didn't shoot any this year. We got a lease not too far from the house, and above the main highway, does are off limits for now. We've got a few good bucks coming to the feeders. We decided to let them grow a little bit. :razz:. I always claim that we (South Texas) have the hardest goose hunt in the U.S. My reasoning is that they've been shot at the entire way down here and they're super skittish. I'm not sure on the hunting seasons in the North. Do you have two seasons? One when they're coming through, and another when they're coming back? I've been trying to save up for a hunting trip to Colorado within the next couple of years. There's a group of guys that go from my area and they go for Mule Deer and Elk. Rabbits are always fun. Down here I enjoy hunting hogs in the off-season. There's no limit or season. They tear up the fields, so the farmers like to get rid of them. Theyre pretty out of control down here.

You are looking at this in completely the wrong way and are generalizing too much editec. You seem to think that everyone who owns a gun owns one for defense and safety. My dad has owned guns his whole life and until recently, never had any guns designed or intended for self defense. I own 7 guns, and 6 of them are used for recreational purposes. Target shooting, hunting, skeet, etc... Owning a gun does not put you in the category of neighborhood mercenary who thinks he's going to stop a crime. My wife's family lives in the country. THe nearest house is about a 1/2 mile away. One night they heard someone trying to get in through a window. They had time to get to a gun in the event that someone entered. They ended up calling the cops and stayed inside. Had the person gotten in before the cops got there, they would have been toast. Turns out it was some kids trying to get into the house to steal things. Had the suspects been armed and have different motives, it could have been really dangerous, but at least my wife's family would have had something to even the odds a bit. Going after an armed (gun) criminal with a butcher knife will not cut it (pun). You must live in a city if the people that own guns are assholes....which could be a possible persuasion device against guns. I've also noticed this change in the city. I went to Houstong one time and stopped at a place called Carter's Country. The guy we were dealing with was really gungho about guns and seemed to thing he was a soldier of fortune or something. I'll tell you that most country people do not act like city people when it comes to guns. A gun is like an extra arm or a home decoration. They claim Texas is the friendliest state in the Union....pretty ironic since almost "all people who own guns are assholes." (j/k):lol:

Now, that's a reasonable response, Brian.

Sure, no doubt I know people who own guns whose gun owership I don't know about.

Those people are, in my opinion, obviously not the gun queers I'm talking about. The own guns as tools, and don't make a big deal of it.

People who are queer for guns, who obsess about owning them, haunt boards like this, haven't you noticed?

They tend to assume that anyone who is not -- like them -- queer for guns, must be:

1. conspiring to take their precious guns away

2. commie liberals, pacifists, or otherwise testosterone deficient

3. afraid of guns

What happened to thse people to frighten them so, I wonder?

Guns are tools, but to these people they appear to be come kind of talisman.

Last edited:

Bizarre. Thanks, kiddo.
I would expect you to go as far back as neccessary to stay right; in this particular case, to click but one single link to aviod being a douche--that's how far.

:clap2: ok seeing as though nothing I ever say gets through to you idiots Im going to continue repeating myself.
AWESOME!!!!!!!1111!!!!

I have never changed my position in this post.
Has someone said you had?

YES you are monkey faggot pussies for even dreaming about owning a gun.
You're a presumptuous retard.

YES someone without a gun could take your little pussy stick away from you while you sleep, while you work, while you spend time with your family...
So, that makes *WHO?* the monkey faggot pussie?

...hell they dont need ANY WEAPON AT ALL TO TAKE IT!
That at least doesn't make the gun owner a sneaky thieving monkey faggot pussy.

Also, you dipshits who cant read PROOOOOOOFFFFFF!!!!! Over 80% of gun-related crimes occur with stolen or illegally obtained firearms! So I guess my fairy-tale scenarios you only see in the movies happen ALL THE FUCKING TIME!
I know I did not disagree with the notion that most gun-related crimes are committed with illegally obtained fire-arms--I've said that reason for this lies in the very nature of our gun control laws.

Yes. Nice.

Also on the same website you will see that AFTER the introduction of federally funded programs to better help law enforcement and neighborhood watch groups, crimes involving firearms drasticly decreased!
So? Your point being?

Every single arguement against what I have been saying in this post is CLEARLY hate speach filled with MINDLESS banter about why your fucking dick is gonna fall off if your guns are taken away!
Nonsense.

Crime will ALWAYS happen, no matter if guns are involved or not!
Stipulated.

More people are still beaten, robbed, and raped in this country than those who get shot with a gun!
More support for the argument that guns are not actually the problem.

Its gonna happen! So maybe you all should start thinking about what the reprocussions are for "clinging to your guns."
The repercussions of bringing a gun to a knife fight = repercussions I can live with.

And Im ready for round 57 anytime guys.
No you're not--you didn't last through round 1.

It is so much fun watching you retards react to me this much, its better than having a little brother!
My sentiments about you, exactly.

Nor do I, Wayne.

Like I will continue saying, I really don't give a rat's ass about guns.

But since nearly ever time this issue comes up, some gun-queer tells us how guns are preventing crimes, I am asking people who have stopped a crime with a gun, or who personally know someone who did, to stand up and testify.
What's the point? You would dismiss such testimony out of hand--it would make not one bit of difference to you.

To date, and I've been doing this for years online, only one person claimed to have stopped a crime in progress, and I have my doubts about his veracity about that subject and everything else he'd ever written, too.
See what I mean?

Why should I tell you about a B&E stopped with a shotgun? Or some psychopath being stopped from stabbing a second person with a handgun? Why? In the end, what is the point of telling YOU these things? It's not like it will change your mind.

Now I have been the victim of gun crime, and I know god damned well that the punk who pulled a gun on me didn't own it legally.
If you didn't have a gun on you, was it more because you really didn't want to have a gun, or more because really couldn't have a gun?

So I do NOT believe any law we pass is going to stop gun violence because punks don't care what the laws say.
Do you believe gun laws could make it more difficult for you (than a criminal) to have a gun when it comes to a violent situation?

But on the other hand , I have yet to be convinced that the existence of guns (especially hand guns) is going to stop more crimes than they cause, either.
Is this because you have no intention of stopping a crime, even if able to do so?

Hey, if I lived in some shithole in America, I know damned well I'd be armed.

So I don't want any gun queer to lose his precious guns.

I just want them to stop bullshitting themselves (and anyone who will listen) about how safe those guns are really making them and their families.
I want people to stop bullshitting themselves about how safe they (and their families) are when unarmed and facing a violent sociopath.

Most of the WHITE people I know who own handguns are flaming assholes, more than potential heros.
It sound to me like the problem is assholes, not guns.

Since I no longer even really know any Black people, I have to be honest and tell you I have no idea what Black gun owners are really like.

But if they live in some ghetto, I honestly can't blame them for arming themselves, just as I can't blame any White person for doing same in a similar circumstance.

I am, as you can no doubt tell, somewhat conflicted about this issue.

But I've had to deal with gunshot victims and let me tell you, it ain't like in the movies.

There's often a lot of pain, a long period of recovery, and most people never really recover from a serious gun wound.

They generally just cope with the fallout from their experience.
Well, good. But do you really think that propagating ingnorance about guns is the solution to people thinking that violence, not just gun violence, is anything like what you see in the movies?

Now, that's a reasonable response, Brian.

Sure, no doubt I know people who own guns whose gun owership I don't know about.

Those people are, in my opinion, obviously not the gun queers I'm talking about. The own guns as tools, and don't make a big deal of it.

People who are queer for guns, who obsess about owning them, haunt boards like this, haven't you noticed?
Not really.

They tend to assume that anyone who is not -- like them -- queer for guns, must be:

1. conspiring to take their precious guns away

2. commie liberals, pacifists, or otherwise testosterone deficient

3. afraid of guns
It is far more common to encounter those who are "queer about guns." They don't like guns, and really don't like people to have guns. The consisder all in possession of guns to be murderers or future murderers, except if that person represents the government, or is their personal body-guard. They ARE afraid of guns. ANd they ARE trying to have private ownership of guns eliminated by any means neccessary, including confiscation.

What happened to these people to frighten them so, I wonder? I figure it was something they saw in the movies, or heard from the Brady Campaign.

Guns are tools, but to these people they appear to be come kind of talisman.
Yeah.

Loki retorts

It is far more common to encounter those who are "queer about guns." They don't like guns, and really don't like people to have guns. The consisder all in possession of guns to be murderers or future murderers, except if that person represents the government, or is their personal body-guard. They ARE afraid of guns. ANd they ARE trying to have private ownership of guns eliminated by any means neccessary, including confiscation.

What happened to these people to frighten them so, I wonder? I figure it was something they saw in the movies, or heard from the Brady Campaign.

Good point.

Yes, there are definitely anti-gun queers, too.

They are just as prone to overstating the significance of guns in this society as their counterparts in the progun lobby.

On one hand we have the gun queers trumpeting that their guns are all that stand between them and anarchy.

On the other we have the anti-guns queers whining that if there was no legal ownership of guns there'd be no violent crimes.

There is a compromise, of course.

Ban hand guns.

Put serious laws into place which make the ownership of hand guns illegal.

Simple possession would imply that the ower is a violent criminal.

While that would not in the immediate term get all hand guns (and all hand gun related crimes) off the streets, it would in the medium run cut down on crimes committed with those short arms as it became increasingly difficult to obtain them illegally.

Responsible citizens could of course keep their long arms for home protection, sport and so forth.

But that's not a compromise that either gun queers or anti-gun queers can arrive at.

they're both too wedded to their positions to even consider it.

It would have a positive effect, I think both on crimes motivated for profit, and the thousands of accidental deaths and crimes of passion which play out in this society.

Of course nothing will end crimes of passion or profit motivated completely.

But I think the mitigation of such crimes (especially those unfortune accident deaths and domestic violence crimes) would greatly decrease by such a law.

There's just too many psychological time bombs and criminal punks armed with handguns, in my opinion, and handguns are their weapons of choice because they can be easily hidden and carried in public.

Good point.

Yes, there are definitely anti-gun queers, too.

They are just as prone to overstating the significance of guns in this society as their counterparts in the progun lobby.

On one hand we have the gun queers trumpeting that their guns are all that stand between them and anarchy.

On the other we have the anti-guns queers whining that if there was no legal ownership of guns there'd be no violent crimes.

There is a compromise, of course.

Ban hand guns.
This is not a compromise. ANd will do absolutely nothing to curb violent crime, while managing to disarm the potential victims and be yet ANOTHER motivation for criminals to steal.

Put serious laws into place which make the ownership of hand guns illegal.

Simple possession would imply that the ower is a violent criminal.
Because folks like you refuse to hear this, I will repeat it until you do: This serves only to disarm the potential victims and be yet ANOTHER motivation for criminals to steal.

While that would not in the immediate term get all hand guns (and all hand gun related crimes) off the streets, it would in the medium run cut down on crimes committed with those short arms as it became increasingly difficult to obtain them illegally.
It would also serve to disarm the victims of violent crime, while being yet another motivation for criminals to steal.

Responsible citizens could of course keep their long arms for home protection, sport and so forth.
But not have handguns when they happen to be away from their homes, making them less dangerous to criminally violent predators.

But that's not a compromise that either gun queers or anti-gun queers can arrive at.
Giving up guns is NOT a compromise. Here's one for you: Let those who wish to have guns, have them legally--and allow those who do not wish to have guns, not have them.

they're both too wedded to their positions to even consider it.
Provide a rational (not rationalized) reason that handguns should be banned, and I'll consider it.

It would have a positive effect, I think both on crimes motivated for profit, and the thousands of accidental deaths and crimes of passion which play out in this society.
Really? Are you really going to assert handguns are the cause of this? REALLY?

Of course nothing will end crimes of passion or profit motivated completely.
So WTF do my guns have to do with this? You say you're not after my guns, but you clearly ARE!

But I think the mitigation of such crimes (especially those unfortune accident deaths and domestic violence crimes) would greatly decrease by such a law.
Based on what, exactly?

There's just too many psychological time bombs and criminal punks armed with handguns, in my opinion, and handguns are their weapons of choice because they can be easily hidden and carried in public.
And there are too many of us unarmed against these psychological time bombs and criminal punks armed with handguns; handguns being the preferred tool for self defense--and they're unarmed primarily because adherring to the exact laws that psychological time bombs and criminal punks armed with handguns ignore is fucking burdensome. Passing a law that regular folks will abide by, but psychological time bombs and criminal punks armed with handguns will ignore, will only make the situation worse. Whose side are these lawmakers on anyway?

Here is a way to reduce crimes committed with guns: Any one who commits a violent felony is place on lifetime-unsupervised parole. This would give the police the power to stop and search this person anytime time they like with the use a simple in house procedure. Special laws for high crime areas would reduce crime.

Last edited:
How many of us reading this post, have ever aimed a gun at a criminal and stopped that criminal from committing the crime?

Anyone?

how many of us has also been ins a highway pileup that required the jaws of death for extraction?

I guess it's a good idea to allow such tools to be around even though the stats don't suggest a fucking epidemic, eh? Do you WANT examples of law abiding citizens fending off criminals with guns? "cause, I can give you plenty of links.

how many of us has also been ins a highway pileup that required the jaws of death for extraction?

I guess it's a good idea to allow such tools to be around even though the stats don't suggest a fucking epidemic, eh? Do you WANT examples of law abiding citizens fending off criminals with guns? "cause, I can give you plenty of links.

I see your point, but the rejoinder would be "How many people are directly killed each year by the jaws of death?"

AGAIN with this logical fallacy.. I"ve never personally rescusitated someone with a defribulator either.. so what. Plenty of people HAVE.

Ever need to USE that mace on a keychain?

How about the fire extinguisher at work?

Please, tell me all about how low frequency makes the occasional event less deadly and life threatening. And then go email Ralph Nader about seatbelt use despite the low frequency of drivers per year versus accidents per year.

I see your point, but the rejoinder would be "How many people are directly killed each year by the jaws of death?"

the answer being "not enough to justify letting others die after a ban of the JOL."

Forum List

Back