Obama is a great President, period.

Troubadour

Rookie
Apr 25, 2012
Sometimes greatness is hard to see up close, and it takes the distance of time to really appreciate it. With Barack Obama, no distance is necessary - he makes decisions quickly that need to be made quickly, deliberates when deliberation is called for, and the results are usually superb on matters internal to the Executive branch or in relating to the public.

When we had a Democratic Congress, he accomplished more in a few months than had been accomplished in eight years of Republican quasi-dictatorship, and even with a Congress in GOP hands - in the hands of psychotic criminal fanatics who would rather destroy America than be denied control of it - he manages to accomplish more than one would think possible in the face of people who who would call him a liar and threaten impeachment if he said the sky was blue.

Frankly, I don't know of anyone - of any party or no party - that I would rather have in the White House at this time. We are simply at one of those rare instances in history where someone is right where they're supposed to be, even if Congress has fallen back into the Orwellian nightmare Bush-world we had so recently escaped from. So, I would like to see what more this President can accomplish with a Democratic Congress again.

I'm realistic about the arithmetic of achieving it, but Republican self-destruction has been known to yield unexpected gifts to a hopeful and watchful America. Anyway, this has certainly been the best presidency of my lifetime - far beyond the jingoistic muppetry of Ronald Reagan, the patrician monarchy of HW Bush, the desperation of Bill Clinton to make Republicans like him, and of course, the mass-murdering psychopathic dictator George W. Bush.

Barack Obama is the first President of my life who to me actually behaves in a presidential way - who is both more talented, more responsible, and more ethical than most people who excel in these qualities. A President is supposed to have, or at least try to cultivate, the best qualities of the American people, and Obama does that. He seems to see the Presidency not as a personal possession or vanity ornament, the way Republicans often do, but as a mission whose repercussions he takes seriously. He does not merely tower above every Republican after Teddy Roosevelt, but is a better American and a better human being - in fact, between he and Mitt Romney, Obama is the only American in the election.

Romney would be running to rule the Cayman Islands if he could make more money that way. This country means a lot more to Obama than to Romney, it's not hard to see that. To Romney this is all just another game because he got bored raiding corporations and firing workers here and there, and now he wants to loot the US Treasury and lay off the whole country. He's Gordon Gekko without all the compassion and decency. But Obama also just plain towers above Romney as a man and as an American.

The two men are two versions of the American Dream: The one, the true one, about striving to provide a better life for your children through education and aspiration, encompassing all the diverse peoples of this nation. And the false, corrupt one, about thieving and making yourself rich at other people's expense, then trying to buy public offices as ornaments and inroads to further business like so many flint-hearted tycoon cliches from Charles Foster Kane to C. Montgomery Burns. That is what this election is about: Reaffirming the true spirit of this country - a spirit embodied not only in the life, but in the ongoing achievements of Barack Obama.

It's about saying to Republicans that we aren't fooled by their lies - that we know they've spent the last two years doing everything they could to stop the President from rebuilding the economy, and we're not going to reward them for deliberately harming this country. And that we aren't tempted by their false version of the American Dream - the one where you have to hate and envy your neighbors, and want to make them poor so you can be rich.

He had a chance to be great. And he has has some successes. However IMHO he is a great caveman. That is he seems to have caved to the Republicans demands early in every confrontation. I also take issue with his knee jerk reactions to the Faux-outrage machine's talking points, instead of looking at the actual facts of a matter before making a decision.

I still think he is better for the country than McCain would have been or Romney in 2013.

Where is your office in the White House? How close is it to the Oval Office? Are you that afraid he will lose, you would make a post on a message board?

Sometimes greatness is hard to see up close, and it takes the distance of time to really appreciate it. With Barack Obama, no distance is necessary - he makes decisions quickly that need to be made quickly, deliberates when deliberation is called for, and the results are usually superb on matters internal to the Executive branch or in relating to the public.

When we had a Democratic Congress, he accomplished more in a few months than had been accomplished in eight years of Republican quasi-dictatorship, and even with a Congress in GOP hands - in the hands of psychotic criminal fanatics who would rather destroy America than be denied control of it - he manages to accomplish more than one would think possible in the face of people who who would call him a liar and threaten impeachment if he said the sky was blue.

Frankly, I don't know of anyone - of any party or no party - that I would rather have in the White House at this time. We are simply at one of those rare instances in history where someone is right where they're supposed to be, even if Congress has fallen back into the Orwellian nightmare Bush-world we had so recently escaped from. So, I would like to see what more this President can accomplish with a Democratic Congress again.

I'm realistic about the arithmetic of achieving it, but Republican self-destruction has been known to yield unexpected gifts to a hopeful and watchful America. Anyway, this has certainly been the best presidency of my lifetime - far beyond the jingoistic muppetry of Ronald Reagan, the patrician monarchy of HW Bush, the desperation of Bill Clinton to make Republicans like him, and of course, the mass-murdering psychopathic dictator George W. Bush.

Barack Obama is the first President of my life who to me actually behaves in a presidential way - who is both more talented, more responsible, and more ethical than most people who excel in these qualities. A President is supposed to have, or at least try to cultivate, the best qualities of the American people, and Obama does that. He seems to see the Presidency not as a personal possession or vanity ornament, the way Republicans often do, but as a mission whose repercussions he takes seriously. He does not merely tower above every Republican after Teddy Roosevelt, but is a better American and a better human being - in fact, between he and Mitt Romney, Obama is the only American in the election.

Romney would be running to rule the Cayman Islands if he could make more money that way. This country means a lot more to Obama than to Romney, it's not hard to see that. To Romney this is all just another game because he got bored raiding corporations and firing workers here and there, and now he wants to loot the US Treasury and lay off the whole country. He's Gordon Gekko without all the compassion and decency. But Obama also just plain towers above Romney as a man and as an American.

The two men are two versions of the American Dream: The one, the true one, about striving to provide a better life for your children through education and aspiration, encompassing all the diverse peoples of this nation. And the false, corrupt one, about thieving and making yourself rich at other people's expense, then trying to buy public offices as ornaments and inroads to further business like so many flint-hearted tycoon cliches from Charles Foster Kane to C. Montgomery Burns. That is what this election is about: Reaffirming the true spirit of this country - a spirit embodied not only in the life, but in the ongoing achievements of Barack Obama.

It's about saying to Republicans that we aren't fooled by their lies - that we know they've spent the last two years doing everything they could to stop the President from rebuilding the economy, and we're not going to reward them for deliberately harming this country. And that we aren't tempted by their false version of the American Dream - the one where you have to hate and envy your neighbors, and want to make them poor so you can be rich.

Forget all the fawning nonsense, Troubadour. With his super majorities, Barry gave us his stimulus, which was by all measures not very successful (you don't create a new statistic "jobs saved" if what you did actually worked...sorry but that's reality!) and ObamaCare, which the American people didn't want and the Supreme Court appears about to rule major parts of unconstitutional. Not much of a legacy. You say he's decisive and makes decisions quickly when they need to be made? He hasn't submitted a real budget in two years, dude! He hasn't even ATTEMPTED to deal with reforming entitlements. Quite frankly, your post made me laugh out loud it was so "out there".

So what exactly is it that this "paragon" of a President has done for the past 3 1/2 years besides fly around the US on Airforce One doing fundraisers? Can you give us a general idea of what his fiscal policy is to get the economy going again? Can you tell us what his energy policy is going forward? Any idea what he's going to do with Iran or North Korea?
What's he doing about illegal immigration or our problems with education costs and results? Barry's BEEN in office for three plus years...and he's accomplished next to nothing that's been constructive...has no concrete plans in place to fix our problems...and seems to have a knack for surrounding himself with an administration filled with ideologues who are fully as overwhelmed with THEIR jobs as he is with HIS.

Last edited:
Where is your office in the White House? How close is it to the Oval Office? Are you that afraid he will lose, you would make post on a message board?

Come on. The White House has standards. They wouldn't hire the educationally challenged, would they?

When you make the claim to being the smartest POTUS of ALL TIME (and clearly to date there is no evidence this is true) its important to surround yourself with gullible sheep...

oh my my, I can see you have been completely mentally controlled by the democrat party. Your vision is so off track its pathetic. How anyone could think Obama has done a good job,clearly is incapable of thinking or seeing things in the right light. Your comment was quite obvious to that fact. I wish you could see what the majority of the citizens in this country see, but obviously you are beyond the capability of it. Sad.

My attention deficit disorder prevented me from reading your entire post.

I'll just respond to your thread title. You couldn't be more wrong.

We have thrown trillions of dollars at the poor and guess what, still poor. Some are lame some are lazy some are brainwashed to believe they ate entitled.

The only way to truly help the poor is to teach them conservatism.

I guess if you hate America the way it is supposed to be you love the current idiot in chief. Fools love obamaturd. Pull your head out of the fools ass.

Great nations and civilizations have a way of handling those mettlesome little irritations that erupt from time to time.
The less than great, as well as the also rans spend most of their time "Feeding crocodiles in the hopes that the beast eats them last".
Rome, after fending off a few aggressive feints from Carthage decided to be done with the problem, attacked and destroyed the city and sowed the ground it had rested on with salt to ensure no new city would arise from that location to threaten Rome again.
Franklin Roosevelt, determined to make sure that Germany knew full well it had been defeated after WWII and to ensure that no new generations of Americans would be forced to march off to fight another World War that Germany had started, toyed with the idea of sterilizing all surviving German males.
William Jefferson Clinton, meanwhile, after grappling with the ambush and slaughter of the Army Rangers in Mogadishu, Somalia, the bombing of the Khobar Towers Barracks, the bombing of the US Embassies in Africa, went off in pursuit of the pleasures in Monica Lewinski.
The Democratic Party in general has been reluctant to aggressively pursue threats to national security.
When the Democrats seized control of Congress in Richard Nixon's wake they summarily cut off all military funding for SouthEast Asia operations leading directly to the infamous photo op on the top of the US Embassy in Saigon referred to as the "Last Helicopter Out Of Saigon".
John Kerry, while still wearing the uniform of a US Navy Officer, conducted clandestine talks with Madame Binh, the head of the North Vietnamese delegation in Paris, regarding the surrender of the United States in Vietnam. In another time and another place Mr Kerry's actions would have earned him a place in front of a firing squad. Instead the Democratic Party nominated him to be their candidate for President in 2004.
Barack Obama deliberated for three days whether to take out the Somali pirates holding the Captain of the Maersk Alabama hostage at gunpoint in a small boat adrift on the high seas. The Navy Seals finally decided on their own to shoot the pirates and free the captain.
Barack Obama deliberated for some months whether to authorize the surge in Afghanistan that lead to the suppression of the renascent Taliban assault.
In WWII, George S Patton, after destroying a 200,000 man German Army near Falaise, France and moving rapidly eastward afterwards along the Meditteranean French shore, found himself up against the German Siegfried Line and found it empty, devoid of defenders, with few if any coherent German army units between his army and Berlin. It was at that time that General Dwight D Eisenhower cut off Patton's fuel and ammunition supplies in order to accomodate British General Bernard Montgomery. Stopping Patton at that point and preventing any further advances by Patton into Germany allowed the enemy to regroup, re equip and launch the Battle of the Bulge, lengthening WWII by an additional six months, unnecessarily.
Speed, as well as the ability to exploit any and all enemy weaknesses and opportunities presented are essential to winning a war. Instead, Mr Obama vaccillated, delayed and deliberated.
Somehow, Mr Obama found it within himself to order the elimination of Mr bin Laden in a timely fashion. One out of three ain't bad, we're supposed to believe.
Then Mr Obama shows up at midnight in Kabul and the Taliban has the resources and presence to set off a bomb killing nine within two hours of his departure in the capital city.
Winston Churchill graced Montgomery's Rhine River crossing into Germany, March, 1945, with his physical presence during broad daylight. Maybe that's why Mr Obama tossed the Churchill bust his first day in office. The contrast was too stark

he still will have four years to prove wether he was a great president or not

we don't need four more years, we already know he's not a great anything.

Only because you know nothing about history and have your head firmly planted up Grover Norquists flabby ass

New Topics

Forum List

Back