Obama Iraq plan "very dangerous"

jreeves

Feb 12, 2008
The nation's senior military official warned against a plan, put forward by presumptive Democratic nominee Sen. Barack Obama, to remove all U.S. troops from Iraq by early 2010.

"I think the consequences could be very dangerous," Adm. Michael Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said on "Fox News Sunday." "I'm convinced at this point in time that ... making reductions based on conditions on the ground are very important."
Mullen Warns Against Obama's Iraq Troop Plan - The Talk

Will we see Obama "refine" his Iraq policy once again?

4,000 Americans dead, 30,000 wounded and $700 billion dollars wasted.

Thank God for Barrack Obama.

Kirk...

Thank God for a "dangerous plan".......:cuckoo:

Kirk is a waste of time, but at least he doesn't pretend to know everything like certain other of the faithful, like the supposed intelligent ones with law degrees. I keep asking for that list of actual things Obama stands for and have yet to receive an answer. I guess that nebulous CHANGE and " I am not Bush" is all that matters to these dumb shits.

I can name a few winners from around the world that got into power with similar vague promises and slogans.

The nation's senior military official warned against a plan, put forward by presumptive Democratic nominee Sen. Barack Obama, to remove all U.S. troops from Iraq by early 2010.

"I think the consequences could be very dangerous," Adm. Michael Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said on "Fox News Sunday." "I'm convinced at this point in time that ... making reductions based on conditions on the ground are very important."
Mullen Warns Against Obama's Iraq Troop Plan - The Talk

Will we see Obama "refine" his Iraq policy once again?

As I said about this on another thread, Now we get to see if Obama was telling the truth when he said he would follow the advice of the commanders in the field, or if he was just blowing smoke up our asses. I bet it was the latter.

I hope you are right about Obama refining his policy after this, We can only hope he is not a total nut job like Kirk :lol:

Last edited:
Obama has been very consistent in his proposals for withdrawing troops.

He has proposed that we begin withdrawing them, with a target of about 18 months for their complete withdraw, but taking into account changing conditions on the ground which may limit that withdraw, depending.

He has not, contrary to the reports we keep getting from places like Fox news and the partisans who love them, changed his position since he first posited that plan for our consideration.

Someone should invent a machine that goes back into history and presents side by side the same things said then as now. I am thinking of Vietnam and the same old, same old, war fear rhetoric. We now trade with Nam, I even have a few shirts made there as much as I hate buying stuff made overseas, at least it wasn't made in China. Man never learns it seems.

He has proposed that we begin withdrawing them, with a target of about 18 months for their complete withdraw, but taking into account changing conditions on the ground which may limit that withdraw, depending.

He has not, contrary to the reports we keep getting from places like Fox news and the partisans who love them, changed his position since he first posited that plan for our consideration.
Obama refuses to listen to US Commanders.
Obama refuses to listen to the Iraqi President.
Yet, Obama's plan is doing what the Al Qaida would want.

Why?

Kirk is a waste of time, but at least he doesn't pretend to know everything like certain other of the faithful, like the supposed intelligent ones with law degrees. I keep asking for that list of actual things Obama stands for and have yet to receive an answer. I guess that nebulous CHANGE and " I am not Bush" is all that matters to these dumb shits.

I can name a few winners from around the world that got into power with similar vague promises and slogans.
YOu mean like georgie super conservative second coming of reagan. BTW.. if you have any real questions about barack, I recomend this site Welcome to Obama for America.

Obama refuses to listen to US Commanders.

Why?
LOl.. Neuri says get out by 2010 just this morning... Maybe Mac needs to listen to the Iraqis...

LOl.. Neuri says get out by 2010 just this morning... Maybe Mac needs to listen to the Iraqis...
Obama doesn't have a clue about Iraq and he is the only one calling for the troops to be out in 16 months.
Obama is not listening to Iraq nor Americans, who is giving him this advice?

Obama refuses to listen to US Commanders. [quote

Perhaps that's because they do not report to him...yet?

He does?

Oh? You are intimitely familiar with the desires of AlQaida?

Do I ever respond to your partian blather?

Too much time on my hands, likely.

4,000 Americans dead, 30,000 wounded and $700 billion dollars wasted.

Thank God for Barrack Obama.

The cut and run Strategy advocated by Sen. Barack Obama, can back fire on America, in a very bad way.

Thank God for Sen. John McCain.

Its called War Kirk,you are going to spend big money , and people get Killed and wounded.
Welcome to the real world.

Last edited:

Obama has consistently been inconsistent...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVy5REoiDJo]YouTube - McCain Web Ad "Obama on Iraq" The Obama Iraq Documentary[/ame]

um, I think you could say that about both Candidates, However I would have to agree Obama's shift to the center after the Primary has been rather stunning. Question is then, which Obama is the real Obama, Hell if the post Primary Obama is the real one, I might think about voting for him. Many of the changes he has made, have been ones I approve of, while many of McCain's changes have taken him even further from my values.

just another reason why I will be voting 3rd party.

Obama refuses to listen to US Commanders. [quote

Perhaps that's because they do not report to him...yet?

He does?

Oh? You are intimitely familiar with the desires of AlQaida?

Do I ever respond to your partian blather?

Too much time on my hands, likely.
Why does Obama ignore the world concerning Iraq?

Obama is making the world hate Americans. :(

The center? More like to the right...faith based initiatives, the FISA vote...I'm almost convinced that McCain is the better choice. At least you know where he stands, if he can with out tottering along in his walker.

sigh

The center? More like to the right...faith based initiatives, the FISA vote...I'm almost convinced that McCain is the better choice. At least you know where he stands, if he can with out tottering along in his walker.

sigh

:)

Vote 3rd party. To hell with Both the corrupted power hungry parties of the past.

Forum List

Back