Obama: Iran Building Secret Nuclear Fuel Plant

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
Obama: Iran building secret nuclear fuel plant
President says Tehran ‘breaking rules that all nations must follow’

PITTSBURGH - President Barack Obama demanded Friday that Iran open up a previously covert nuclear fuel facility to international inspectors, saying "Iran is breaking rules that all nations must follow."

Obama, flanked by British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and French President Nicolas Sarkozy, said the site "deepens a growing concern" that Iran has failed to live up to its international obligations.

Obama said the "size and configuration" of the site was inconsistent with a peaceful facility, which is a direct challenge to Tehran's claim that its nuclear plants are designed for peaceful purposes.(emphasis added)

Obama: Iran building covert nuclear fuel plant - Iran- msnbc.com

Obama: Iran building secret nuclear fuel plant
President says Tehran ‘breaking rules that all nations must follow’

PITTSBURGH - President Barack Obama demanded Friday that Iran open up a previously covert nuclear fuel facility to international inspectors, saying "Iran is breaking rules that all nations must follow."

Obama, flanked by British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and French President Nicolas Sarkozy, said the site "deepens a growing concern" that Iran has failed to live up to its international obligations.

Obama said the "size and configuration" of the site was inconsistent with a peaceful facility, which is a direct challenge to Tehran's claim that its nuclear plants are designed for peaceful purposes.(emphasis added)

Obama: Iran building covert nuclear fuel plant - Iran- msnbc.com

:eek: Uh oh!

of course it will...

they'll have Israel go in and take care of it...

and then they'll say...

"bad Israel... bad Israel"
Many military analysists don't believe Israel has the capability to do this.

they took out Iraq's...

I think they wouldn't talk about it if they could...
Immensly different scenario.

Iraq was in Fighterbomber range, and their plant was above ground.

The word is the Iranians have this in a reinforced bunker type structure deep underground.

You would need the kind of munitions only the US has to get at it to ensure it was destroyed.

Last edited:

The word is the Iranians have this in a reinforced bunker type structure deep underground.

You would need the kind of munitions only the US has to get at it to ensure it was destroyed.

you sure only the U.S. has the bunker busters?

U.S. to sell IAF smart bombs for heavily fortified targets - Haaretz - Israel News
You need the delivery system to get it too the target.

Israel doesn't have planes that can fly that far, and if they try air to air refueling it will have to be over Arab airspace and against possible Iranian AF interception.

Israel doesn't have B-52s and B-2 bombers to do the job.

Well, somehow an "I told ya so" just doesnt cut it.

Secret "peaceful energy" facilities... not bying it.

Last edited:

you sure only the U.S. has the bunker busters?

U.S. to sell IAF smart bombs for heavily fortified targets - Haaretz - Israel News

Israel doesn't have planes that can fly that far, and if they try air to air refueling it will have to be over Arab airspace and against possible Iranian AF interception.

true, but they're upgrading their F-15's and F-151's for long range attack... I don't know if that's sufficient, but they are working on it.

Israel Prepares F-15 Jets for Long Range Attack - Defense/Middle East - Israel News - Israel National News

true, but they're upgrading their F-15's and F-151's for long range attack... I don't know if that's sufficient, but they are working on it.

Israel Prepares F-15 Jets for Long Range Attack - Defense/Middle East - Israel News - Israel National News
Geography still works against them, unless they get US help they will have to fly through Arab airspace, if they pull this off it will be as amazing as entebbe was.

Geography still works against them, unless they get US help they will have to fly through Arab airspace, if they pull this off it will be as amazing as entebbe was.

this particular issue is interesting, though... because the moderate Arab states are all Sunni...and Iran, being shi'a... they are very distrustful of it becoming as powerful as it is. Would be interesting to see if they work together on this... or at least if they close their eyes...

this particular issue is interesting, though... because the moderate Arab states are all Sunni...and Iran, being shi'a... they are very distrustful of it becoming as powerful as it is. Would be interesting to see if they work together on this... or at least if they close their eyes...
That is possible, but I believe hatred of Jews ranks higher then the sunni/shia split.

That is possible, but I believe hatred of Jews ranks higher then the sunni/shia split.

if iran wasn't so powerful... and if they didn't think iran was endangering them (which i think they do believe) i'd agree... and even with that, you might still be right.

if iran wasn't so powerful... and if they didn't think iran was endangering them (which i think they do believe) i'd agree... and even with that, you might still be right.
I believe that once the USA steps aside, the Saudis will take up Iraq's causewith money and arms to balance the Iranian presenace.

They don't move now because they don't want to help the great satan.

Letting Jews blow up Muslims might be a bit hard to explain to Arab populations though.

I believe that once the USA steps aside, the Saudis will take up Iraq's causewith money and arms to balance the Iranian presenace.

They don't move now because they don't want to help the great satan.

Letting Jews blow up Muslims might be a bit hard to explain to Arab populations though.

What are our interests? What are EU interests? Sanctions are not working, at least those they have on them now.

Saudis are pussies, they won't do anything. EU is all just talk.

If Israel do anything, it will unite Muslims against Israel.

I say, we send bombers and destroy those facilities. I doubt it will happen with Obama in the office, he has no balls for it.

Question... for what purpose Iran has long range rockets?

This is one of those deals where the US completely screwed up all credibility with Iraq by claiming to the world that Saddam had WMD's. Now the workld is supposed to believe that the Shah of Iran is the next Saddam, and he's building nukes?

An even bigger problem is the fact that every leader in the world knows that Isreal DOES have nukes and that they process warheads at Dimona, but Isreal is NOT a member of the nuclear non-proliferation treaty and refuses to allow inspections. In the meantime, Iran IS a member of the treaty and DOES allow inspections. So the hypocrisy involved is breathtaking. Although it's not highlighted in our media, that hypocrisy receives a great deal of attention from policy stakeholders across the globe.

I'm not suggestiing that Iran isn't building technology towards creating a warhead. Heaven forbid, if I was in the Shah's shoes, I 'd probably want one after seeing what's been done to Iraq and after hearing the constant threats from a regional neighbor who DOES have nukes.

To me, the best possible solution is for the US to back away from a policy of full spectrum dominance of the region, and re-approach from a relationship perspective rather than a dominance perspective. Unfortunately, that won't happen until we eliminate the stranglehold over US policy that's held by global finance, who requires that sovereign, independent governments must be replaced with leaders who are willing to be absorbed into a regional economic structure.

Forum List

Back