Obama: Iowa voters 'vindicated' his faith in American people

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
Vindicate: "To clear of blame or suspicion."

Story here

Obama's statement is strikingly similar to Michelle's infamous, "For the first time in my adult lifetime, I’m really proud of my country ..." quote.

Last edited:
Vindicate: "To clear of blame or suspicion."

Story here

The quote is strikingly similar to Michelle's infamous, "For the first time in my adult lifetime, I’m really proud of my country ..."

Get with the program. He's been making this speech for months. This was old news yesterday.

I believe the elections of1996, 2000 and 2004 showed that our system is flawed. It looked decidedly like insiders had money, means, to power and steal an election that an outsider doesn't.

This goes for both parties. It looked like Kerry won some states he shouldn't have in the 2004 primaries. And bush etc.

We are supposed to be a land of equals and if that is true then a relative newcomer should be able to mount an effective campaign and be competitive when pitted against an insider. Like Perot in 1992. It is suffocating to watch dynasties rule this democracy, and had Clinton won (after 20 years of bush-clinton-bush), and Jeb Bush after that - then it would be hard to argue that our democracy was a healthy one. It looked for a while that we really might be facing 28-36 years straight of bush-clinton-bush-etc.

So I absolutely agree that Obama winning as he has done so far vindicates the idea that we live in a democracy.

Last edited:
o I absolutely agree that Obama winning as he has done so far vindicates the idea that we live in a democracy.

I agree that it is good thing that an "outsider" had a chance though I think Clinton already proved that in '92. Ditto for Carter in '76.

I just hope we don't come to find that half of Obama's money was raised illegally.

It'll be interesting to see what stories dominates the headlines six months from now.

Clinton probably would not have won in '92 had it not been for perot, but I suppose that doesn't disprove your statement.

Agreed on the other stuff, and boy am I ready for the news to move on to whatever is next.

Forum List

Back