Obama Invites Iranian Officials to 4th of July Parties

Clearly a less damaging move than inviting them to parties.

I'm sure by the Iranians attending the parties they will be releasing US hostages as well....:cuckoo:
Yeah, I'm sure that they'll come around and embrace the American way if we continue to place them on "axis of evil" lists and marginalize them in the international community. What's the point of diplomacy unless it brings us an immediate and tangible benefit, right?

Yeah I'm sure Syria will definitely be discouraged from trying to develop nuclear weapons. I mean now that Iran is being shunned in the way that they are.

I'm sure by the Iranians attending the parties they will be releasing US hostages as well....:cuckoo:
Yeah, I'm sure that they'll come around and embrace the American way if we continue to place them on "axis of evil" lists and marginalize them in the international community. What's the point of diplomacy unless it brings us an immediate and tangible benefit, right?

Yeah I'm sure Syria will definitely be discouraged from trying to develop nuclear weapons. I mean now that Iran is being shunned in the way that they are.
Yeah, from what I hear, they've been amassing a pretty sizable stockpile.

I guess that's Barack Obama's version of Tea Parties.

Riddle me this, batman.

In ten years on message boards, I can't recall one single time when Cons expressed the remotest outrage or regret that Ronald Reagan illegaly gave high tech american weapons to Iran, and allowed the Iranians to force him into bribing them for hostages' freedom.

What exactly is the deal with the faux outrage about a diplomatic party?

I'm going to assume that the "outrage" is completely fake, partisan, and lame. Unless you can provide me some evidence that Cons were shocked and outrage at Reagan's behavior towards iran.
They sold Irainas spare parts for 1960s era F-4 Phantoms, not 'high tech weapons'. :lol:

I'm not sure why you feel compeled to lie. Reagan illegally gave high tech modern american weapons to iran, including TOW anti-tank missles and HAWK anti-aircraft missles. Why did you need to lie?

Am I to assume you approve of reagan giving high tech american weapons to iran, and allowing himself to be blackmailed by them in exchange for hostages, and yet you're having a fainting spell over a diplomatic party? Are you fucking kiddding me? Carter would have been put in prison for giving high tech american weapons to the Mullahs.

Here's a simple question....why do you approve of republicans illegally giving american weapons to iran?

Last edited:

Yeah, from what I hear, they've been amassing a pretty sizable stockpile.

Nope Israel took that out a couple of years ago. But if Iran has anything to say about it they will.

Riddle me this, batman.

In ten years on message boards, I can't recall one single time when Cons expressed the remotest outrage or regret that Ronald Reagan illegaly gave high tech american weapons to Iran, and allowed the Iranians to force him into bribing them for hostages' freedom.

I'm going to assume that the "outrage" is completely fake, partisan, and lame. Unless you can provide me some evidence that Cons were shocked and outrage at Reagan's behavior towards iran.
They sold Irainas spare parts for 1960s era F-4 Phantoms, not 'high tech weapons'. :lol:

I'm not sure why you feel compeled to lie. Reagan illegally gave high tech modern american weapons to iran, including TOW anti-tank missles and HAWK anti-aircraft missles. Why did you need to lie?

Am I to assume you approve of reagan giving high tech american weapons to iran, and allowing himself to be blackmailed by them in exchange for hostages, and yet you're having a fainting spell over a diplomatic party? Are you fucking kiddding me? Carter would have been put in prison for giving high tech american weapons to the Mullahs.

Here's a simple question....why do you approve of republicans illegally giving american weapons to iran?

Yet the link from early clearly states that after a Congressional investigation Reagan was not implicated with arms for hostages. But keep claiming its true...

Yet the link from early clearly states that after a Congressional investigation Reagan was not implicated with arms for hostages. But keep claiming its true...

here we have irrefutable proof that jrreeves, and fellow bush support's "outrage" about a diplomatic party is compeltely fake, manufactured, and partisan. Did Rush Limbaugh order you to get "angry" about a cocktail party?

You can make all the excuses you want. The reagan adminstration illegally gave american weapons to iran. Reagan admitted that is was an arms for hostages deal. And yet you make excuses for it, and I've never, not once, in years seen a republican message board poster express outrage about giving the mullahs high tech american missles.

You would have run carter out of the country if he, or his adminstration, gave those weapons to the mullahs.

Carry on with the phony outrage! :clap2:

here we have irrefutable proof that jrreeves, and fellow bush support's "outrage" about a diplomatic party is compeltely fake, manufactured, and partisan. Did Rush Limbaugh order you to get "angry" about a cocktail party?

You can make all the excuses you want. The reagan adminstration illegally gave american weapons to iran. Reagan admitted that is was an arms for hostages deal. And yet you make excuses for it, and I've never, not once, in years seen a republican message board poster express outrage about giving the mullahs high tech american missles.

You would have run carter out of the country if he, or his adminstration, gave those weapons to the mullahs.

Carry on with the phony outrage! :clap2:

Here we have proof that Red Dawn is devoid of a brain....
Iran–Contra affair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Several investigations ensued, including those by the United States Congress and the three-man, Reagan-appointed Tower Commission. Neither found any evidence that President Reagan himself knew of the extent of the multiple programs.

A Short Lesson in History, for George Bush Supporters

The Iran Contra Scandal

Bush Supporter Claim #1: “But, Reagan only sold the Iranians some rusty old parts for F-4 Jets!!!

FACT: The Tower Commission found that the Reagan Administration gave the Islamic Republic of Iran:

• August 20, 1985. 96 TOW anti-tank missiles
• September 14, 1985. 408 more TOWs
• November 24, 1985. 18 Hawk anti-aircraft missiles
• February 17, 1986. 500 TOWs
• February 27, 1986. 500 TOWs
• May 24, 1986. 508 TOWs, 240 Hawk spare parts
• August 4, 1986. More Hawk spares
• October 28, 1986. 500 TOWs

Bush Supporter Claim #2: “But Ronnie didn’t know about it!!!! Don’t blame Ronnie!!”

FACT: Regan Accepts Full Responsibility: “"A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not. As the Tower board reported, what began as a strategic opening to Iran deteriorated, in its implementation, into trading arms for hostages. This runs counter to my own beliefs, to administration policy, and to the original strategy we had in mind”—RONNIE REAGAN

FACT: What the fuck kind of president doesn’t know that his National Security Advisors are sending American weapons to the Islamic Republic of Iran? What the fuck kind of fucking moron president is that????

Last edited:

The Iran Contra Scandal

Bush Supporter Claim #1: “But, Reagan only sold the Iranians some rusty old parts for F-4 Jets!!!

FACT: The Tower Commission found that the Reagan Administration gave the Islamic Republic of Iran:

Bush Supporter Claim #2: “But Ronnie didn’t know about it!!!! Don’t blame Ronnie!!”

FACT: Regan Accepts Full Responsibility: “"A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not. As the Tower board reported, what began as a strategic opening to Iran deteriorated, in its implementation, into trading arms for hostages. This runs counter to my own beliefs, to administration policy, and to the original strategy we had in mind”—RONNIE REAGAN

FACT: What the fuck kind of president doesn’t know that his National Security Advisors are sending American weapons to the Islamic Republic of Iran? What the fuck kind of fucking moron president is that????

Got links??

The Iran Contra Scandal

Got links??

Oh I get it you pulled that shit out of your ass, big surprise.:cuckoo:

The Iran Contra Scandal

Got links??

The iran contra scandal is one of the most well known and documented events in modern presidential history. If you don't know that the reagan admin sold TOW missles and Hawk missles to iran, then you shouldn't even be participating on message boards. Turn off the rush limbaugh, and use google. It will take you ten seconds. I'm not providing a fucking partisan moron like you links to well known historical events.

Oh, BTW, I should have known you were lying. Reagan knew about, and approved the arms transactions to iran. You lied about that. Reagan knew. I just read the trascript of his testimony. Reagan claims he didn't know about the details of how the illegal transaction went down, and how the money was channeled.

I'll never trust you to tell the truth again, you fucking partisan hack

Riddle me this, batman.

Mainly because such missles are not 'high tech' but leftover cold war crap. :cuckoo:

You really are a fucking simp, no wonder you are so partisan you spend all your time trying to rewrite the past to make the side whose balls you love to lick look good, but you always come up empty.

The only outright Liar I see here is YOU douchebag. :lol:

Mainly because such missles are not 'high tech' but leftover cold war crap. :cuckoo:

You really are a fucking simp, no wonder you are so partisan you spend all your time trying to rewrite the past to make the side whose balls you love to lick look good, but you always come up empty.

The only outright Liar I see here is YOU douchebag. :lol:

You're a fucking tool.

Keep pretending like you're "outraged" by a cocktail party. And yet you approve, or make excuses, for a president who gives weapons to iran. \

You're not fooling anyone. You're a complete partisan tool. Is rush limbaugh's dick up your ass?

Riddle me this, batman.

link?

link?

Part of the deal was that, in July 1985, the United States would send 508 American-made TOW anti-tank missiles from Israel to Iran for the safe exchange of a hostage, the Reverend Benjamin Weir.

After that successful transfer, the Israelis offered to ship 500 HAWK surface-to-air missiles to Iran in November 1985, in exchange for the release of all remaining American hostages being held in Lebanon. Eventually the arms were sold with proceeds going to the contras, and the hostages were released.

In February 1986, 1,000 TOW missiles were shipped to Iran. From May to November, there were more shipments of various weapons and parts.

Eventually Hezbollah elected to kidnap more hostages following their release of the previous ones, which rendered meaningless any further dealings with Iran.
Iran-Contra Affair

The Iran - Contra scandal is pretty much common knowledge. Reagan authorized sceret sales of weapons, Tow and Hawk missiles included, to Iran, disregarding an arms embargo imposed by the US congrsss.

The contra side of the affair also involved the sale of South American drugs in the US. The contras didn't have much money but they had plenty of cocaine!

Where is the link showing Reagan knew? As matter of fact if you look back you will see two investigations were done and neither found that he knew the extent. Even if he did, what the hell does that have to do with Obama inviting terrorists to his embassies? Something that happened over 20 years ago, then Red dawn has the audacity to call others partisian, :cuckoo:

Last edited:

The Iran Contra Scandal

Got links??

The iran contra scandal is one of the most well known and documented events in modern presidential history. If you don't know that the reagan admin sold TOW missles and Hawk missles to iran, then you shouldn't even be participating on message boards. Turn off the rush limbaugh, and use google. It will take you ten seconds. I'm not providing a fucking partisan moron like you links to well known historical events.

Oh, BTW, I should have known you were lying. Reagan knew about, and approved the arms transactions to iran. You lied about that. Reagan knew. I just read the trascript of his testimony. Reagan claims he didn't know about the details of how the illegal transaction went down, and how the money was channeled.

I'll never trust you to tell the truth again, you fucking partisan hack

I really could care less if a flaming lying liberal such as yourself trusts me. I think we both know you wouldn't trust me before this encounter. Because I don't subscribe to the liberal brainwashing you have succumbed to. If you want to try and revise history that is over 20 years ago, to justify Obama inviting terrorists to our embassies have it. But I will leave you with a little history first.

Iran–Contra affair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
President Ronald Reagan appeared on national television from the Oval Office on November 13 stating:
"My purpose was... to send a signal that the United States was prepared to replace the animosity between [the U.S. and Iran] with a new relationship... At the same time we undertook this initiative, we made clear that Iran must oppose all forms of international terrorism as a condition of progress in our relationship. The most significant step which Iran could take, we indicated, would be to use its influence in Lebanon to secure the release of all hostages held there."[6]

That is completely contrary to the Obama position toward Iran now. Obama has called for meetings without preconditions. There is a big difference without preconditions and you must oppose all forms of international terrorism as a condition.

Do you know how ridiculous you sound expressing fake outrage about a Democrat’s cocktail party for diplomats, while making excuses for a Republican giving American missiles to the Islamic Republic of Iran?

I would be embarrassed if I were in your shoes.

The irony is so rich one could cut it with a knife. If you could drop your partisanship for one second, you would realize how silly you sound. Is your judgment and honesty always clouded by a thick hyper partisan fog?

Do you know how ridiculous you sound expressing fake outrage about a Democrat’s cocktail party for diplomats, while making excuses for a Republican giving American missiles to the Islamic Republic of Iran?

The irony is so rich one could cut it with a knife. If you could drop your partisanship for one second, you would realize how silly you sound. Is your judgment and honesty always clouded by a thick hyper partisan fog?

Do you realize you look like a partisian asshole by trying to revise history that is over 20 years ago, to excuse the inviting of terrorist to our embassies?

What will the US gain by terrorists visiting our embassies? Over 20 years ago, hostages were released.

Do you realize you look like a partisian asshole by trying to revise history that is over 20 years ago, to excuse the inviting of terrorist to our embassies?

What will the US gain by terrorists visiting our embassies? Over 20 years ago, hostages were released.
Tehran Accused of Complicity in Growing Weapons Trade | GroundReport
Officials in west of country seeing more and more Iranian-made weapons in hands of insurgents.

By an IWPR trainee-reporter in Heart (ARR No. 319, 20-Apr-09)

The recent discovery of Iranian-made explosives close to a major dam project in western Afghanistan has fueled local suspicions that Tehran is trying to destabilise the country.

Iranian-made ordnance has been flowing across Afghanistan’s western border with increased regularity, according to high-ranking officials in the region. While drug dealers and war profiteers are responsible for much of the guns and explosives entering the country, there is a growing concern that some Tehran officials are complicit in the trade.

A high-ranking Afghan border police official, who requested anonymity, told IWPR, “There are many Iranian military officers who are in constant contact with the [insurgents] and with drug smugglers in Afghanistan. They exchange weapons for drugs. We have seized many Iranian weapons in the border regions.”

Iran is responsible for US troops dying and Obama invites these terrorists to our embassies. Troops are dying now as a result of these Iranian arms being given to insurgents. Yet you want the focus to be over 20 years ago....:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back