Obama insurance

mdjgirl7

Sep 5, 2008
Well let me just tell you. I am a small business owner and I do not supply insurance for my workers and they know that coming in and they go out and get their own insurance just like I do.

We are very fortunate that they are independent workers and make as much money as I do and can afford to do so.

Actually they do better then me because they have very little overhead I supply the rest.

But if Obama implements his insurance plan I will have to lets say Suzy go because I cannot afford to pay for Suzy's insurance yeah yeah he will give a tax break but you know the funny thing about insurance companies they want that premium every month. And no tax cut is going to pay that every month for me. Did I mention Obama is going to force me to do just that I say not hardly I say Suzy will be looking for a new job.

I would just bet I am not the only business owner that feels this way. There is going to be job LOSS if Obama puts that policy into effect. He will not be able to force us to pay for insurance we cannot afford to pay for it just is not going to happen.

Get ready for the influx of the newly unemployed and it will be harder for them to be employed if Obama forces owners to pay out that kind of money on their workers. And I state again YES I think ALL people have a right to insurance but not on my dime. I pay full premiums for myself and I knew that going into the business I am in and accepted that responsibility.

Obama is way off on this one.

shut up please. You are a small business owner

You are not working class

you are rich

Stop being greedy your capitalist pig, pay your premiums or get fined.

I think that is the response you will get if you call the Obama camp to complain

you are rich

I think that is the response you will get if you call the Obama camp to complain

Spoken like a true Obama nite just because you own a small business does not equal rich. I live in a house that was built in 1968 that was in badly needed repair because that is all I could afford.

After my overhead that grand ole self employment taxs I kept $24,000 yeah I rich. You know nothing of what you speak. You shut up and suzy will take a walk I cannot afford to pay for Suzy's insurance.

People are dellusional they think if you own a small business ohhhh the money is just flowing in you are filthy rich not. Did I mention I pay 35% tax and Obama wants to up that. If he does guess what I will have to shut my doors and go work for somebody else. yeah I want that genius as a president.

Obama's policies will destroy America if left unchecked. If he does get elected, let's hope that the Republicans control Congress. This worked pretty well with Bill Clinton because he was a weak President and Congress was able to control him at every turn. Obama has changed his positions many times, so he does appear weak. One can only hope.

See, this is really your problem. You just aren't patriotic enough. Take a little less for yourself and provide all your employees with excellent health benefits and a living wage, you greedy capitalist pig! :lol:

Here is the truth from Obama's website....

Q. I own a small business but don’t offer insurance. How much will I have to
pay for each employee? And how does the Obama plan help my small business?
A. Obama’s plan will help small employers that are unable to offer health coverage to
their employees right now. The main reason small employers do not offer health coverage
to their employees is because it is simply too expensive. The Obama plan allows small
employers to enter the National Health Insurance Exchange to purchase either a new
public plan or a private plan for their employees, who will be eligible for subsidies if they
need them. Very small businesses and start-ups will be exempted from the obligation to
pay into the system or provide meaningful coverage for their employees.
The reinsurance proposal will also reduce the volatility of premiums for small businesses.
For small businesses, having a single employee with catastrophic expenditures can make
insurance unaffordable for all of the workers in the firm. The Obama plan would
reimburse employer health plans for a portion of the catastrophic costs they incur above a
threshold if they guarantee such savings are used to reduce the cost of workers’
premiums. Offsetting some of the catastrophic costs will make health care more
affordable for employers, workers, and their families.

See, this is really your problem. You just aren't patriotic enough. Take a little less for yourself and provide all your employees with excellent health benefits and a living wage, you greedy capitalist pig! :lol:

And you are a stupid idiot. I stand with my people side by side and do the exact same work they do. Wait I do more I take out the trash I make sure they have fresh clean towels to work with.Make sure all the bills get paid make sure the shop is clean and the list goes on and on. I do pay for insurance on the business if they get sued I pay for it. What I do pay for goes on and on. I guess where u missed it in the top post they actually take home more money then I do. I am not sitting in some fancy office with an assistant no I am on the floor working my butt off. Why I do this is for them I make a place where friends can work together in a happy atmosphere it is not for the money.

They have options there are other business just like mine that are large cooperations that supply insurance they CHOOSE not to work there they had rather pay their own insurance then work for a hooge cooperation.

I guess I should starve to death and ride a bike to work you would not do it either. I guess I could cut out my own health insurance I guess I could go vegetarian or ohhh wait sell my house and live in a tent but by God my workers have insurance did you not see $24.000 that is it I am scrimping now. Your an idiot.

:eusa_boohoo: Nah...you're just unpatriotic. Biden said so. LOL.

you are rich

Wow. Just wow.

Define "small" business, please.

Most people's idea of what the SBA means when they say "small" business is not exactly small.

Depending on what industry, the definition of small can be what most people think of as rather huge.

See this for what I mean exactly

For example if you have less than 1,500 employees and your're in the airline business, you're considered a "small" business.

Having 1,499 employes sounds like a fairly big business to me, but then my perspective about big v small is somewhat different than my goverments.

It used to be, lol...I'm not quite sure when people stopped but wow, no sarcasm detectors here.

I suppose I'll just start writing

WARNING SARCASTIC POST WARNING SARCASTIC POST WARNING SARCASTIC POST

at the top of all my posts...hopefully that will help people whose first reaction is to throw insults before analyzing whether ridiculous posts with emotes and lols could possibly be sarcastic in intent.

I hope Obama wins

Am I doing it right?

Hmm...thats pretty good. I would think that it would be better if you also included a lot of emotes and things just to make sure it gets across:

:eusa_liar::DI think that if Obama loses, its purely due to racist Republicans.:eusa_liar::D

and then maybe add a little caveat at the end...just to make sure it hits home

(P.S. Just kidding! I REALLY think that if Obama loses it is because people were concerned with his lack of experience, poor judgement in personal and professional relationships, and promises for his presidency that are impossible and/or dangerous to carry out! The above message was just sarcasm!)

wow, sarcasm does not get picked up easily on this board huh....

Considering we do not know each other personally and we cannot hear the tone of each other's voice unless you are physic I would dare say it is not easy to pick up on emotions what ya think.

yes, don't worry, Gem and I have already worked on the proper procedure to let the board know when incoming sarcastic remarks are on the way.

You will not be confuzed anymore.

Hmm...thats pretty good. I would think that it would be better if you also included a lot of emotes and things just to make sure it gets across:

:eusa_liar::DI think that if Obama loses, its purely due to racist Republicans.:eusa_liar::D

and then maybe add a little caveat at the end...just to make sure it hits home

(P.S. Just kidding! I REALLY think that if Obama loses it is because people were concerned with his lack of experience, poor judgement in personal and professional relationships, and promises for his presidency that are impossible and/or dangerous to carry out! The above message was just sarcasm!)

perfect :clap2:

Forum List

Back