obama inserting himself into historical presidential biographies

Which of those points is not true?

Its not a hard question. Or wouldn't be if rw's had discerning and open minds. What you're reading is just one more example of the lame ass radical right taking a really simple historical fact and turning it into a pile dog crap.

Every point is indeed true and is just a fact of history. This forum is one of the worst I've seen for this pile-on-but-don't-think-for-yourself-mentality that the right has become.

Get a friggin clue already and stop blindly following the dumbest dog in the pack.

Why does a blurb about something Obama did, belong on a page dedicated to honor a past president?

moron.

I'm not the IGNORANT "maroon" here.

He is the President of the United States. If you saw the same thing discussing, say Bush and his relationship to historical facts, you wouldn't think a thing about it because it belongs there.

Example, FDR was the first president to us TV. If that fact is mentioned in a biographical note about other presidents, does that take away from the accomplishments of those other presidents?

And the military is fighting on his behalf too

Once again, he is the President of the United States, the Commander in Chief and YES, it is true, the military legally and traditionally "fights" (serves as he commands) on his behalf.

He has been the President of the United States for 3 1/2 years and hopefully will continue to be our president for another 4 and 1/2. The right lies and lies and lies and some of you are so damn ignorant its painful to read but all your lies and ignorance won't change FACTS.

Quit working so hard to find fault. Its demeaning to the right, its embarrassing to watch, its small and nasty and petty and I know damn well I'm not the only Lib/Dem who is sick of watching the right embarrass themselves.

You must have to change your Obama kneepads at least twice a day

Anyone want to prove that the President had any knowledge of these factoids being inserted on the White House web site?

I find them to be a bit in poor taste. But I find it hard to believe that President Obama ordered them to be put there.

Your comments regarding how this is proof of a character flaw are silly unless you can show that he did.

Have fun with that.

Those factoids are not official biographies. They're interesting little factoids about our presidents. Why wouldn't factoids about various presidents belong together? And, why would it be in poor taste on the web site of the White House?

What a big to-do over nothing.

Why does a blurb about something Obama did, belong on a page dedicated to honor a past president?

moron.

He is the President of the United States. If you saw the same thing discussing, say Bush and his relationship to historical facts, you wouldn't think a thing about it because it belongs there.

Example, FDR was the first president to us TV. If that fact is mentioned in a biographical note about other presidents, does that take away from the accomplishments of those other presidents?

Once again, he is the President of the United States, the Commander in Chief and YES, it is true, the military legally and traditionally "fights" (serves as he commands) on his behalf.

He has been the President of the United States for 3 1/2 years and hopefully will continue to be our president for another 4 and 1/2. The right lies and lies and lies and some of you are so damn ignorant its painful to read but all your lies and ignorance won't change FACTS.

Quit working so hard to find fault. Its demeaning to the right, its embarrassing to watch, its small and nasty and petty and I know damn well I'm not the only Lib/Dem who is sick of watching the right embarrass themselves.

Typical that you failed to note that I wrote that similar factoids about Bush would be just as appropriate.

President Romney should add to Obama's that he got us our first ever credit downgrade, never passed a budget and ran up bigger deficits than all the previous US Presidents combined

Typical that you failed to note that I wrote that similar factoids about Bush would be just as appropriate.

The issue is the malignant narcissist in the White House that has to add his "Killjoy was here" icon to the biography of truly great men who came before him

It's all about Obama.

AllAboutObama.jpg

www.whitehouse.gov

James Madison

At his inauguration, James Madison, a small, wizened man, appeared old and worn; Washington Irving described him as "but a withered little apple-John." But whatever his deficiencies in charm, Madison's buxom wife Dolley compensated for them with her warmth and gaiety. She was the toast of Washington.

Barack Obama's wife Michelle might not have been as buxom as Dolley, but she's got that high water booty and Barack, our first black President inherited a conflict in the form of a bad economy from Booosh and was a smart guy too being President of Harvard Law Review and also killed Osama bin Laden

Wait....didn't he invent baseball?

My email via whitehouse.gov...

Here's a link to the page where you can email the President.
Submit Questions & Comments | The White House

So....you have all your document ready for the IRS audit?

But, you're in good company:

1. "A new White House tactic to control the message on health care reform has critics accusing the Obama administration of playing "Big Brother" and threatening the privacy of average Americans. "No one expects that when they exercise their First Amendment rights to ask questions or complain about a proposed government program that they're going to be listed on a database in the White House," Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, told FOX News Thursday [8/6/2009], saying the White House effort raises serious privacy concerns. "You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to see the potential for serious abuse."
President Obama's Intentions for America

And....

2. "The Obama campaign is now seeking to vilify specific private donors in a way that is alarmingly reminiscent of Richard Nixon’s “Enemies List” — as documented in a May 10th piece by the Wall Street Journal’s Kimberly Strassel.

On April 20, 2012 “Keeping GOP Honest,” an Obama campaign website published a post titled “Behind the curtain: A brief history of Romney’s donors,” — publicly identifying eight private individuals who they labeled “high-dollar and special-interest donors” that “Mitt Romney is relying on…to fund his campaign.”

Not since Richard Nixon have we had a President who has been as consistently and persistently personal in his attacks as President Obama has been on the 2012 campaign trail. And not since the “Enemies List” has there been such an explicit attempt to target and demonize a supporter of an opponent authorized by a presidential administration."
The Obama "White House Enemies List" - Forbes

But....we'll miss ya'...

I dare them.

OH NO!

Those were the very same last words of OBL!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho9rZjlsyYY]Toccata and Fugue in D Minor (Best Version Ever) - YouTube[/ame]

Really, really that's all you see?? Seriously?? :eek:

Do you see anything remotely related to this:

Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition in which people have an inflated sense of self-importance and an extreme preoccupation with themselves.

The causes of this disorder are unknown. An overly sensitive personality and parenting problems may affect the development of this disorder.
Symptoms

A person with narcissistic personality disorder may:

React to criticism with rage, shame, or humiliation

Take advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals

Have excessive feelings of self-importance

Exaggerate achievements and talents

Be preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love

Have unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment

Need constant attention and admiration

Disregard the feelings of others, and have little ability to feel empathy

Have obsessive self-interest

Pursue mainly selfish goals

Narcissistic personality disorder - PubMed Health

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1f3JpL1Gzk]Nevin (arr. Howell) - Narcissus (Plathner's Eleven) - YouTube[/ame]

Anyone want to prove that the President had any knowledge of these factoids being inserted on the White House web site?

I find them to be a bit in poor taste. But I find it hard to believe that President Obama ordered them to be put there.

Your comments regarding how this is proof of a character flaw are silly unless you can show that he did.

Have fun with that.

The buck stops here!
Harry S. Truman
Read more at The buck stops here! at BrainyQuote

Its not a hard question. Or wouldn't be if rw's had discerning and open minds. What you're reading is just one more example of the lame ass radical right taking a really simple historical fact and turning it into a pile dog crap.

Every point is indeed true and is just a fact of history. This forum is one of the worst I've seen for this pile-on-but-don't-think-for-yourself-mentality that the right has become.

Get a friggin clue already and stop blindly following the dumbest dog in the pack.

You Kool Aide drinking moron. It isn't about whether they are true or not dumbass.

moron.

yes, you are, actually.

No president should have bullet points touting himself on a page dedicated to honor a different president.

See previous point.

A less self centered way to say it would have been 'on our behalf'. I'd respect that.

I did not challenge the content of the bullet points. I challenged the placement on pages meant to honor OTHER presidents.

Quit working so hard to find fault. Its demeaning to the left, its embarrassing to watch, its small and nasty and petty and I know damn well I'm not the only Conservative/Republican who is sick of watching the left embarrass themselves.

My other comments in BLUE above.

So....you have all your document ready for the IRS audit?

But, you're in good company:

1. "A new White House tactic to control the message on health care reform has critics accusing the Obama administration of playing "Big Brother" and threatening the privacy of average Americans. "No one expects that when they exercise their First Amendment rights to ask questions or complain about a proposed government program that they're going to be listed on a database in the White House," Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, told FOX News Thursday [8/6/2009], saying the White House effort raises serious privacy concerns. "You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to see the potential for serious abuse."
President Obama's Intentions for America

And....

2. "The Obama campaign is now seeking to vilify specific private donors in a way that is alarmingly reminiscent of Richard Nixon’s “Enemies List” — as documented in a May 10th piece by the Wall Street Journal’s Kimberly Strassel.

On April 20, 2012 “Keeping GOP Honest,” an Obama campaign website published a post titled “Behind the curtain: A brief history of Romney’s donors,” — publicly identifying eight private individuals who they labeled “high-dollar and special-interest donors” that “Mitt Romney is relying on…to fund his campaign.”

Not since Richard Nixon have we had a President who has been as consistently and persistently personal in his attacks as President Obama has been on the 2012 campaign trail. And not since the “Enemies List” has there been such an explicit attempt to target and demonize a supporter of an opponent authorized by a presidential administration."
The Obama "White House Enemies List" - Forbes

But....we'll miss ya'...

I dare them.

OH NO!

Those were the very same last words of OBL!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho9rZjlsyYY]Toccata and Fugue in D Minor (Best Version Ever) - YouTube[/ame]

Did you just hear a click? No? I swear I... Oh God, they found me. I don't know how but...HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...................................................................................................(click)

Lets find out.

On Feb. 22, 1924 Calvin Coolidge became the first president to make a public radio address to the American people. President Coolidge later helped create the Federal Radio Commission, which has now evolved to become the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). President Obama became the first president to hold virtual gatherings and town halls using Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, etc.
Technically true, but since Google+ didn't exist until 2010 I am technically not impressed. Nor does it, technically, have anything to do with Coolidge.

President Herbert Hoover signed the bill founding the Department of Veterans Affairs July 21, 1930. President Obama is committed to making sure that the VA, the second-largest cabinet department, serves the needs of all veterans and provides a seamless transition from active duty to civilian life, and has directed his Administration to modernize the way health care is delivered and benefits are administered for our nation’s veterans. First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden launched Joining Forces to mobilize all sectors of society to give our service members and their families the opportunities and support they have earned.
I don't recall being mobilized to help veterans, do you? I think that counts as a flat out lie.

At least it would if a Republican had said the same thing.

On August 14, 1935, President Roosevelt signed the Social Security Act. Today the Obama Administration continues to protect seniors and ensure Social Security will be there for future generations.
He actually made the problem with social Security worse by reducing the amount paid into it. That makes this a lie no matter who said it.

In a 1946 letter to the National Urban League, President Truman wrote that the government has “an obligation to see that the civil rights of every citizen are fully and equally protected.” He ended racial segregation in civil service and the armed forces in 1948. Today the Obama Administration continues to strive toward upholding the civil rights of its citizens,repealing Don’t Ask Don’t Tell, allowing people of all sexual orientations to serve openly in our armed forces
I love how he takes credit for losing a court case that his administration fought to win. Pretty soon he will be taking credit for winning the Vietnam war. .

President Dwight Eisenhower established the President’s Council on Youth Fitness on July 16, 1956 (now known as The President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports) after learning from a study that American youth were less fit than European youth. Today the Council is still going strong—with Olympians and professional athletes on board—working in conjunction with the First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move initiativeto help promote healthier lifestyles.
Taking credit for something he has nothing to do with. Most people would call people like that an asshole and a thief, what do you call them?

President John F. Kennedy famously suggested the American people: “Ask what you can do for your country.” In 1961, the Peace Corps was created, facilitating service among citizens working toward peace in developing countries. In 2011, President Obama celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Peace Corps with a Presidential Proclamation.
Wow, he issued a proclamation. Didn't he actually promise to expand the Peace Corps at one point? In fact, didn't he specifically promise to double it?

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Double the Peace Corps

Oops.

President Lyndon Johnson signed Medicare signed into law in 1965—providing millions of elderly healthcare stability. President Obama’s historic health care reform law, the Affordable Care Act, strengthens Medicare, offers eligible seniors a range of preventive services with no cost-sharing, and provides discounts on drugs when in the coverage gap known as the “donut hole.”

Obamacare actually cuts Medicare. Funny how the prescription drug coverage was bad when Bush made it, but it is good now that Obama made it more expensive.

In 1973, Richard Nixon created The President’s Export Council, which was expanded and reconstituted under President Jimmy Carter in 1979. Today the PEC continues to work towards reaching President Obama’s goal of doubling the nation’s exports by 2014’s end.
Corporate welfare. Republican bad, Democrat good.

In 1977, President Jimmy Carter created the Department of Energy; today the DOE works with the Obama Administration to drive towards innovation in energy and reducing reliance on foreign oil with an “all of the above” approach.
The DOE is part of the Obama administration. I count that as a misrepresentation of fact without actually getting into the policy claims.

President Reagan designated Martin Luther King Jr. Day a national holiday; today the Obama Administration honors this tradition, with the First and Second Families participating in service projects on this day.

Wow. Just, wow.

In a June 28, 1985 speech Reagan called for a fairer tax code, one where a multi-millionaire did not have a lower tax rate than his secretary. Today, President Obama is calling for the same with the Buffett Rule.

Not even close to the truth.

President Barack Obama awarded George H.W. Bush the 2010 Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation’s highest civilian honor, for his commitment to service and ability to inspire volunteerism throughout the country, encouraging citizens to be “a thousand points of light.” The administration continues to promote service and civic engagement, honoring heroes of local communities as “Champions of Change” and fostering civic participation.
This is just so pathetic. Is the only thing he can say about Bush Sr that he gave him a medal?

Continuing his work as a lifelong public service, Clinton created the Clinton Foundation in 2001 to improve global health, education, economies and environments. Affectionately calling him “Do-Gooder-in-Chief”, President Obama has worked with Clinton to make buildings in our country more efficient—announcing a $4 billion investment in energy efficiency upgrades for commercial buildings.
How did that energy efficiency thing work out in the real world?

In 2002, President George W. Bush’s State of the Union was the first to be live broadcast on the Internet. In 2011 and 2012, President Obama’s State of the Union speeches were available in an enhanced live stream version that featured infographics, charts and data side-by-side in real time with the President’s speech.
I have to give him this one, it made it easier to laugh at his lies.

Last edited:

moron.

We don't work hard to find fault!.............Maroon!

Obama has made it really pretty easy!

Actually, I would find it just as offensive if Bush had done the same thing. Unfortunately, for you, Bush never actually tried to insert comments about himself into the history of other presidents, so your "Bush did it too" defense is a flop.

Actually, the military legally, and traditionally, fights on the behalf of the people of the United States, not the president.

Last edited:

Have fun with that.

Those factoids are not official biographies. They're interesting little factoids about our presidents. Why wouldn't factoids about various presidents belong together? And, why would it be in poor taste on the web site of the White House?

On December 25th, 1 Jesus Christ was born. Today Obama is president of the United States and is fighting for the rights of all Christians to pay for other people's abortions so no one else will ever be born in a stable.

Have fun with that.

On December 25th, 1 Jesus Christ was born. Today Obama is president of the United States and is fighting for the rights of all Christians to pay for other people's abortions so no one else will ever be born in a stable.

Must. Not. Laugh.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

George Washington cut down a cherry tree when he was a boy and when confronted with what he'd done, he refused to lie about it. Obama honors this event by not telling a lie for one solid hour.

Thomas Jefferson was the first president to shake hands instead of bow, Obama was the first to return to bowing.

Teddy Roosevelt was the first American to win a Nobel Prize, Obama was the first American to not deserve the one he got.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back