Obama inherits another bad economy

Albert Einstein said “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” In 2008 we were experiencing the worst economy in recent history and we elected president Obama to fix it. Four years after blaming Bush we are worse off than we were when Obama took office. Now with the economy much worse than in November 2008 we elected Obama to office. Who here expects different results? I would say the only thing that will be different would be blaming the Bush part but somehow I don’t even think that will change.

Say what?!

Kid you are more than just somewhat misinformed, you are steeped in misinformation.

IN Nov 2008 the economy was headed DOWN according to most economic indicators.

The exactly opposite is true now.

The economy is down now and is headed down again according to most economic indicators. Most are predicting another recession in 2013.

The economy will recover and the democratic party will get the credit.

Your claims of being the fiscal party are dead

The previous two quarters were 1.5% and 2.0%. Without the increased government spending the GDP would have been 1.3% and not 2.0%. The GDP has been decreasing the past 6 quarters. The GDP indicates we are headed for another recession in 2013.

That trend is consistent within election years.

We forecast for it in my industry, and have done so since the late '80s.

Trust me, the economy will pickup, we are already seeing an increase in sales this month (even more consistent with previous election years).

You should run out an invest now. So you are saying that 2008 was normal and Obama just trashed the economy when he got in?

Albert Einstein said “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” In 2008 we were experiencing the worst economy in recent history and we elected president Obama to fix it. Four years after blaming Bush we are worse off than we were when Obama took office. Now with the economy much worse than in November 2008 we elected Obama to office. Who here expects different results? I would say the only thing that will be different would be blaming the Bush part but somehow I don’t even think that will change.

Say what?!

Kid you are more than just somewhat misinformed, you are steeped in misinformation.

The economy is down now and is headed down again according to most economic indicators. Most are predicting another recession in 2013.

Interesting. That isn't what I am reading.

Index of U.S. Leading Economic Indicators Rises 0.3% - Businessweek

The Conference Board Leading Economic Index® for the U.S. Increases | The Conference Board

Index of U.S. Leading Indicators Rose 0.6% in September - Bloomberg

Data | The Conference Board

Say what?!

Interesting. That isn't what I am reading.

Index of U.S. Leading Economic Indicators Rises 0.3% - Businessweek

The Conference Board Leading Economic Index® for the U.S. Increases | The Conference Board

Index of U.S. Leading Indicators Rose 0.6% in September - Bloomberg

Data | The Conference Board

Wow that is amazing. It probably means nothing that revenues everywhere were down. It also probably means nothing that layoff announcement are at their highest they have been since the third quarter of 2009. It also probably means nothing that interest rates are still at record lows. It also probably means nothing that gold is still extremely high and starting to raise again. It also probably means nothing that for the first times in 10 years McDonalds posted losses in its successful stores. It also probably means nothing that the Fed decided it needed more Quantities Easing. We need to queue the sheriff from South Park to come and start the “Nothing to see here, please move along”.

Forum List

Back