Obama infects federal work forces with 'British disease'

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
what a guy you all elected.

SNIP:
By: Examiner Editorial 01/29/11 8:05 PM

Widespread strikes by militant trade unions, including garbage collectors and miners, during the late 1970s crippled Great Britain's economy and led to Margaret Thatcher's election.Britain's economy nearly came to a standstill in the late 1970s as a result of a contagion known as the British disease -- endless work stoppages, slowdowns and strikes called by militant trade unions. Company owners and managers had to secure prior approval from union bosses before carrying out even the most routine workplace tasks. As a result, productivity plummeted, and exports of once-popular British products like cars and motorcycles dropped sharply or disappeared entirely. Economic growth stagnated, investors fled overseas, and the country's standard of living declined. The fever was broken only after voters awarded Margaret Thatcher with a massive Tory landslide in 1979. She then "broke" the unions during the ensuing miners strike, enabling her to push major reforms through Parliament, including new limits on trade unionism and its power in the management of British firms.

Sadly, an executive order signed by President Obama in 2009 has injected a massive dose of the British disease into the daily operation of the federal government. Executive Order 13522 is innocuously titled "Creating Labor-Management Forums to Improve Delivery of Government Services." The reality is that the only thing improved will be the ability of federal employee union bosses to tell managers of government departments and agencies what they can and cannot do. What makes this an even more extraordinary turn of events, however, is the fact the Obama administration has empowered union bosses to exercise this new power behind closed doors without fear of exposure via the Freedom of Information Act.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Obama infects federal work forces with 'British disease' | Examiner Editorial | Editorials | Washington Examiner

Stephunny infests USMB with her constant whining about Obama.

True story.

and you infest the place with your constant ass kissing of him. Get off your knees already.

True story.

and you infest the place with your constant ass kissing of him. Get off your knees already.

Sorry Stephunny. You are an idiot and a liar. I defy you to find one post in my excess of 10,000 where I support an Obama policy. Let me make it easy for you. There isn't one. I would tell ya to go fuck yourself but that's SOP for you.

True story.

Sorry Stephunny. You are an idiot and a liar. I defy you to find one post in my excess of 10,000 where I support an Obama policy. Let me make it easy for you. There isn't one. I would tell ya to go fuck yourself but that's SOP for you.

LOL, hit a nerve?

12,000 post since 2009, do you have a life? and the majority of them are like what you spewed in this one. such a nice person, you are.
I've been here since 2004 and I only have 8.000.
:lol::eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

LOL, hit a nerve?

12,000 post since 2009, do you have a life? and the majority of them are like what you spewed in this one. such a nice person, you are.

That sure was a smawt reply Stephunny. That was really some unbreakable proof that I support Obama. I support the office moran. Obama has not lied us into any wars and he seems to be guiding us back on track from the shitstorm economic mess that Bush left him. I don't think he has done anything great. I don't think he has done any harm. He has not found Osama Bin Ladin ... That is a big disappointment.

Nice? I don't suffer fools, idiots and liars of which you are all three.

I have several computers ...a couple with wifi. It is easy for me to get online. I am my own boss so there is no conflict. If you don't like my posts..don't read them.

LOL, hit a nerve?

That sure was a smawt reply Stephunny. That was really some unbreakable proof that I support Obama. I support the office moran. Obama has not lied us into any wars and he seems to be guiding us back on track from the shitstorm economic mess that Bush left him. I don't think he has done anything great. I don't think he has done any harm. He has not found Osama Bin Ladin ... That is a big disappointment.

Nice? I don't suffer fools, idiots and liars of which you are all three.

I have several computers ...a couple with wifi. It is easy for me to get online. I am my own boss so there is no conflict. If you don't like my posts..don't read them.

LOL, you fucking crack me up. so many damn words just to spout the DNC talking points. YAWN

It's alright the OP need not be discussed...

I think Huggy is quite an interesting fellow myself...

and Steph.. I like her ideas but she's difficult too know..

Huggy doesn't want to discuss the article. He'd rather bitch about me posting something about the Obama.

Last edited:
SNIP:
Waivers for Favors: Big Labor’s Obamacare escape hatch
By Michelle Malkin • January 28, 2011 11:15 AM

My syndicated column today takes another thwack at Obamacare waiver-mania, with more analysis of the 182 union beneficiaries who’ve obtained safe harbor from the costly mandate pushed by their Big Labor bosses.

Related: Unions make up 40 percent of employees exempted from Obamacare

by Michelle Malkin
Creators Syndicate
Copyright 2011

President Obama’s story-tellers recently launched a White House blog series called “Voices of Health Reform,” where “readers can meet average Americans already benefiting from the health reform law.” I propose a new White House series: “Voices of Health Reform Waivers,” where taxpayers can meet all the politically-connected unions benefiting from exclusive get-out-of-Obamacare passes — after squandering millions of their workers’ dues to lobby for the
job-killing, private insurance-sabotaging law from which they are now exempt.

At the end of last year, the Department of Health and Human Services had granted some 222 temporary waivers to businesses small and large, insurers, labor, and other organizations that offer affordable health insurance or prescription drug coverage with limited benefits. On Wednesday, the agency quietly updated its online list, which now reveals a whopping total of 729 Obamacare escapees – in addition to four states Massachusetts, New Jersey, Ohio, and Tennessee – who collectively cover 2.1 million enrollees.

At least one eyebrow-raising waiver recipient – the left-leaning, nationalized health care-promoting Robert Wood Johnson Foundation – has direct ties to the White House. Obama health care czar Nancy DeParle sits on the foundation’s board of trustees.
Most noteworthy: One-fourth of all the waivers (182) have gone to Big Labor groups across the country so far.

read it all.
Michelle Malkin Waivers for Favors: Big Labor’s Obamacare escape hatch

SNIP:
By Michelle Malkin • January 28, 2011 11:15 AM

My syndicated column today takes another thwack at Obamacare waiver-mania, with more analysis of the 182 union beneficiaries who’ve obtained safe harbor from the costly mandate pushed by their Big Labor bosses.

Related: Unions make up 40 percent of employees exempted from Obamacare

by Michelle Malkin
Creators Syndicate
Copyright 2011

President Obama’s story-tellers recently launched a White House blog series called “Voices of Health Reform,” where “readers can meet average Americans already benefiting from the health reform law.” I propose a new White House series: “Voices of Health Reform Waivers,” where taxpayers can meet all the politically-connected unions benefiting from exclusive get-out-of-Obamacare passes — after squandering millions of their workers’ dues to lobby for the
job-killing, private insurance-sabotaging law from which they are now exempt.

At the end of last year, the Department of Health and Human Services had granted some 222 temporary waivers to businesses small and large, insurers, labor, and other organizations that offer affordable health insurance or prescription drug coverage with limited benefits. On Wednesday, the agency quietly updated its online list, which now reveals a whopping total of 729 Obamacare escapees – in addition to four states Massachusetts, New Jersey, Ohio, and Tennessee – who collectively cover 2.1 million enrollees.

At least one eyebrow-raising waiver recipient – the left-leaning, nationalized health care-promoting Robert Wood Johnson Foundation – has direct ties to the White House. Obama health care czar Nancy DeParle sits on the foundation’s board of trustees.
Most noteworthy: One-fourth of all the waivers (182) have gone to Big Labor groups across the country so far.

read it all.
Michelle Malkin Waivers for Favors: Big Labor’s Obamacare escape hatch

The unions are going to keep pushing until their credability is lost...not saying that it isn't already.

what a guy you all elected.

SNIP:
By: Examiner Editorial 01/29/11 8:05 PM

Widespread strikes by militant trade unions, including garbage collectors and miners, during the late 1970s crippled Great Britain's economy and led to Margaret Thatcher's election.Britain's economy nearly came to a standstill in the late 1970s as a result of a contagion known as the British disease -- endless work stoppages, slowdowns and strikes called by militant trade unions. Company owners and managers had to secure prior approval from union bosses before carrying out even the most routine workplace tasks. As a result, productivity plummeted, and exports of once-popular British products like cars and motorcycles dropped sharply or disappeared entirely. Economic growth stagnated, investors fled overseas, and the country's standard of living declined. The fever was broken only after voters awarded Margaret Thatcher with a massive Tory landslide in 1979. She then "broke" the unions during the ensuing miners strike, enabling her to push major reforms through Parliament, including new limits on trade unionism and its power in the management of British firms.

Sadly, an executive order signed by President Obama in 2009 has injected a massive dose of the British disease into the daily operation of the federal government. Executive Order 13522 is innocuously titled "Creating Labor-Management Forums to Improve Delivery of Government Services." The reality is that the only thing improved will be the ability of federal employee union bosses to tell managers of government departments and agencies what they can and cannot do. What makes this an even more extraordinary turn of events, however, is the fact the Obama administration has empowered union bosses to exercise this new power behind closed doors without fear of exposure via the Freedom of Information Act.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Obama infects federal work forces with 'British disease' | Examiner Editorial | Editorials | Washington Examiner

Shades of NY City...how refreshing.

Forum List

Back