Obama in the 3rd debate

To me it seemed like Romney was playing it safe in the 2nd and esp 3rd debates - trying to protect a lead.

Came off like McGovern about peace and all that stuff.

Should have harped on the Libyan terror attack misinfo confusion from the WH.

Guess he didnt want to come across as mean.

osama came off as the desperate punk that he is.... the idea that he won't be able to jump on Air Force One with Reggie Love and run away from moochelle scares him almost straight.:D

I don't know if Romney played it "safe." I think he decided to make the third debate about his agenda and not about demonizing Obama. America is looking for leadership. He showed that he is up to the task.

Romney could have focused on Obama's failures in Libya, Egypt, Syria and Iran; but I think he wanted to assure America of what four years would be like under Romney. Also, he was quick to tell Obama on 2 or 3 occasions that attacking him did not regard how he would lead. It was brilliant.

Also, I thought it was especially telling that Romney focused on Iran on multiple occasions; as well as our deteriorated relationship with Israel. I don't think anyone and their dog trusts Obama on those issues. Even Obama, would not state that he would militarily support Israel. Romney did.

Also, Romney's position on Syria was important. He stated that we need to identify workable forces so that it doesn't fall into the hands of extremists (Cough: Egypt, Mali).

I'll admit that Romney threw a curveball by not pounding Obama on Benghazi. But he definitely made a strong case. And he didn't allow Obama to get into a rehearsed indignant filibuster response like he did in the second debate. He stripped Obama's phony emotion out of the debate.

Also, Romney wisely made the secondary argument that America has to be strong domestically to be a power internationally. That's a key, because people do not believe that Obama knows how to run an economy. And in fact, Romney hammered that point when regarding GM, he stated that government should not be investing in businesses; that that is not how to grow an economy. That was a swift upper cut! Obama just took that punch. He didn't even dare rebut it.

I wish Romney would of said fuck the middle east. Let's get out and let them do as they wish!

He would of won some of the far left over.

Followed by refocusing towards China, Russia, where we need to be focused on. They're in fact the two nations that could for reals be a huge threat to us.

I wish Romney would of said fuck the middle east. Let's get out and let them do as they wish!

He would of won some of the far left over.

Followed by refocusing towards China, Russia, where we need to be focused on. They're in fact the two nations that could for reals be a huge threat to us.
i thought obama edged the debate but not by ,much. but doubt it make any difference really. was suprised romney did not push obama on librya really. Was suprised by that

in end i just wish the president had turned up in first debate. he be having to chase ever since then. sigh

To me it seemed like Romney was playing it safe in the 2nd and esp 3rd debates - trying to protect a lead.

I agree.

Romney must have had a reason for not pointing out the WH clusterfuck on Libya.

I thought he did quite well last night.

Barry also had his moments but the debate wasn't a earthshaker in my book.

Still voting for Romney.

I agree.

Romney must have had a reason for not pointing out the WH clusterfuck on Libya.

I thought he did quite well last night.

Barry also had his moments but the debate wasn't a earthshaker in my book.

Still voting for Romney.
true. i think romney would have gone for it if chasing but was protecting a lead so played safe.

i just wish first debate could happen again. President will always regret that debate.

Romney pretty clearly wanted three things: not giving Obama any ammunition on the war-monger line of attack; keeping his momentum going; looking presidential. He did himself no harm and did not allow Obama a TKO. He realizes that the election is now his to lose, a far cry from 3 weeks ago.

Romney pretty clearly wanted three things: not giving Obama any ammunition on the war-monger line of attack; keeping his momentum going; looking presidential. He did himself no harm and did not allow Obama a TKO. He realizes that the election is now his to lose, a far cry from 3 weeks ago.
which is what annoying. it would of been other way around in terms of tactics without denver

president allowed romnney to sprint ahead in denver and he be chasing since

shows in life never allow be slow of the blocks in a race because it hard to catch up.

I hope president can win but no doubt romney still front runner now. presdient only hope is to win wi,ma,pi,ohio and nev. their his last chance of winning.

It looked like Obama was trying to use the same stare down again as Romney used in the first debate....too bad this debate was more of a Q&A between the moderator and the candidates rather than an open dialogue between the two candidates.

Romney looked like a stuffed shirt at the beginning but quickly relaxed once he had thrown Obama off his game plan. Keeping the President from getting into his rehearsed lines kept him off balance. Romney steered that debate away from practiced lines and rehearsed rebuttals by not attacking the President and his failures.

As far as foreign policy goes, there stances on the issues dont differ too much...both sat there talking about more US involvement in M.E. affairs, how they have to arm the people in the M.E. ... I would have rather heard Romney say screw them, we have problems here to worry about first...economy, jobs, etc... but all we really got out of both was more of the same.

Pretty funny reading the winger web sites this morning, each of them claiming their guy was the clear winner. I saw one "undecided" voter being interviewed yesterday before the debate, and I suspect he's full of shit. Call yourself "undecided" and you get some air time.

Its the Economy Stupid

Obama has an impossible record for his first term on the economy to defend

It looked like Obama was trying to use the same stare down again as Romney used in the first debate....too bad this debate was more of a Q&A between the moderator and the candidates rather than an open dialogue between the two candidates.

Romney looked like a stuffed shirt at the beginning but quickly relaxed once he had thrown Obama off his game plan. Keeping the President from getting into his rehearsed lines kept him off balance. Romney steered that debate away from practiced lines and rehearsed rebuttals by not attacking the President and his failures.

As far as foreign policy goes, there stances on the issues dont differ too much...both sat there talking about more US involvement in M.E. affairs, how they have to arm the people in the M.E. ... I would have rather heard Romney say screw them, we have problems here to worry about first...economy, jobs, etc... but all we really got out of both was more of the same.
it for me was tactic obama should have used in first debate of looking at romney

i just sense that they let romney in and he kept edge since. i hope catch up by election day but we see.

The President debated like the CinC and Romney was just there for the ride...which is why he said he would do everything the President is already doing. :lol:
In end debate last night changed little. Battle going to be intense over next 14 days and deep down midwest will decide it.

it for me was tactic obama should have used in first debate of looking at romney

i just sense that they let romney in and he kept edge since. i hope catch up by election day but we see.

I am not a big supporter of either one. I think both did a horrid job in this debate.

I see what Obama tried to do in the first debate, he tried not to mess up. No one expected Romney to come across with a fact charged (although exaggerated at times) aggressiveness that threw Obama so far off guard it looked as if Mike Tyson just hit him with a massive uppercut.

Obama was armed with talking points and Romney was armed with facts...

Obama came to the 2nd debate well prepared with plenty of facts and gave one heck of a debate. Some say narrowingly winning the debate. What cost him the debate was the Rose Garden issue with the speech and Candy's backing him up on his "misremembering" the term he used in the speech and then later coming out saying Romney was right....that hurt him.

He had to give a stellar and flawless performance in this 3rd debate debate to hold what he already thought he had and in the way of winning over any additional support. I dont believe he did that. Romney was stiff in the beginning but as the debate wagered on, Romney hit his stride and held back the Obama charge well enough, even hitting back on a few points, kept the debate close....not what Obama needed.

Now that the debates are over the only real thing that is left is advertising time to get the message out with the people.....or a serious October surprise. Havent seen a real good one in some time.

Forum List

Back