Obama in the 3rd debate

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by ginscpy, Oct 23, 2012.

1. ginscpy

ginscpy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Debated like someone behind in the race.

2. Darkwind

Darkwind Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,258
    There is a reason for that.....:D

3. ginscpy

ginscpy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +216
    To me it seemed like Romney was playing it safe in the 2nd and esp 3rd debates - trying to protect a lead.

Came off like McGovern about peace and all that stuff.

Should have harped on the Libyan terror attack misinfo confusion from the WH.

Guess he didnt want to come across as mean.

4. sitarro

sitarro Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    osama came off as the desperate punk that he is.... the idea that he won't be able to jump on Air Force One with Reggie Love and run away from moochelle scares him almost straight.:D

5. TheGreatGatsby

TheGreatGatsby Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,552
    I don't know if Romney played it "safe." I think he decided to make the third debate about his agenda and not about demonizing Obama. America is looking for leadership. He showed that he is up to the task.

Romney could have focused on Obama's failures in Libya, Egypt, Syria and Iran; but I think he wanted to assure America of what four years would be like under Romney. Also, he was quick to tell Obama on 2 or 3 occasions that attacking him did not regard how he would lead. It was brilliant.

Also, I thought it was especially telling that Romney focused on Iran on multiple occasions; as well as our deteriorated relationship with Israel. I don't think anyone and their dog trusts Obama on those issues. Even Obama, would not state that he would militarily support Israel. Romney did.

Also, Romney's position on Syria was important. He stated that we need to identify workable forces so that it doesn't fall into the hands of extremists (Cough: Egypt, Mali).

I'll admit that Romney threw a curveball by not pounding Obama on Benghazi. But he definitely made a strong case. And he didn't allow Obama to get into a rehearsed indignant filibuster response like he did in the second debate. He stripped Obama's phony emotion out of the debate.

Also, Romney wisely made the secondary argument that America has to be strong domestically to be a power internationally. That's a key, because people do not believe that Obama knows how to run an economy. And in fact, Romney hammered that point when regarding GM, he stated that government should not be investing in businesses; that that is not how to grow an economy. That was a swift upper cut! Obama just took that punch. He didn't even dare rebut it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,143
    I wish Romney would of said fuck the middle east. Let's get out and let them do as they wish!

He would of won some of the far left over.

Followed by refocusing towards China, Russia, where we need to be focused on. They're in fact the two nations that could for reals be a huge threat to us.

7. decker

decker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +79
    i thought obama edged the debate but not by ,much. but doubt it make any difference really. was suprised romney did not push obama on librya really. Was suprised by that

in end i just wish the president had turned up in first debate. he be having to chase ever since then. sigh

8. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,628
    I agree.

Romney must have had a reason for not pointing out the WH clusterfuck on Libya.

I thought he did quite well last night.

Barry also had his moments but the debate wasn't a earthshaker in my book.

Still voting for Romney.

9. decker

decker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +79
    true. i think romney would have gone for it if chasing but was protecting a lead so played safe.

i just wish first debate could happen again. President will always regret that debate.

10. Meathead

Meathead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,799
    Romney pretty clearly wanted three things: not giving Obama any ammunition on the war-monger line of attack; keeping his momentum going; looking presidential. He did himself no harm and did not allow Obama a TKO. He realizes that the election is now his to lose, a far cry from 3 weeks ago.