Obama in serious trouble--Sestak confirms WH offer to drop out of Senate race

Much to your dismay no one is looking for a knockout punch in spite of the total disregard of this story by the MSM...if it had been Bush it would have been aired in the 24/7 news cycle every 5 minutes for the next 6 months while pig face Waxman was threatening investigations for the next 20 years.

If the law was broken someone has to answer for it. The MSM will not give this story the legs it deserves becxause they are in bed with Obama...plain and simple...it's corruption at the highest levels of government and the fear of being called racists that the MSM will NOT act.

The Bush logical fallacy:

"If <blank> happened when Bush was president EVERYONE would be screaming about it"

Facts suck don't they...

Actually, I think that by definition, logical fallacies are NOT facts.

Here's another

Whoever, directly or indirectly, promises any employment,
position, compensation, contract, appointment, or other benefit,
provided for or made possible in whole or in part by any Act of
Congress, or any special consideration in obtaining any such
benefit, to any person as consideration, favor, or reward for any
political activity or for the support of or opposition to any
candidate or any political party in connection with any general or
special election to any political office, or in connection with any
primary election or political convention or caucus held to select
candidates for any political office, shall be fined under this
title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

18 U.S.C. § 600 : US Code - Section 600: Promise of employment or other benefit for political activity

Prove intent.

I don't have to prove "intent"--intent is obvious--what is important here is the DATE that Sestak announced that he was running for the democrat nomination--and the DATE that this offer was made by the White House---:lol::lol:

If the White House made the offer "after" this announcement--intent is CLEAR. Right now--Sustek since he is running for senator--is under a 1000lb. gorilla with questions that will have to be answered. Either Sustek is lying about this offer--or this administration has broken the law.

Take your pick.

Last edited:
Rep. Joe Sestak, winner of the Pennsylvania Democratic Senate primary, is refusing to provide more information on what job he was offered by a White House official to drop of that race, although he confirmed again that the incident occurred.

The White House was backing incumbent Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pa.) in the primary. Sestak acknowledged in an interview in February that he was offered a position by an unnamed White House official - a potential violation of federal law - but has not offered any specifics on conversation. Republicans are trying to use the issue against Sestak in the November Senate race.

"It's interesting. I was asked a question about something that happened months earlier, and I felt that I should answer it honestly, and that's all I had to say about it." Sestak said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press. "Anybody else has to decide on what they will say upon their role. That's their responsibility."

Yet Sestak confirmed to NBC's David Gregory that the incident did take place. "I was offered a job, and I answered that," Sestak said. "Anything that goes beyond that is for others to talk about."

Sestak being a retired admiral--it is believed was offered the secretary of Navy position a high level position that would have had to have been approved by the POTUS. Of course Arlen Spector the long time Republican who switched party to become a Democrat directly after Obama took office and voted for the 787 billion dollar stimulus bill. Thoughts from political talking heads suggest that the administration would have had to promise Spector something big for changing his decades long party status--possibly-that there would be no opposition coming from another democrat in the primary season--guaranteeing Spector's nomination.

Therefore, the administration offered Sestak a position which he turned down. Gates--White House press secretary has refused to answer questions about this political pay-off that went sour for months. Sestak just spilled the beans. If found to be true, this is an impeachable offense on the POTUS.

Sestak confirms WH job offer to get out of Senate race - POLITICO Live - POLITICO.com

What an idiot! Impeachable offense? Every administration makes deals to get the best help. What do you think fuckwit? That these guys are just sitting around in thier mommies basement like you? What a hack pathetic loser.

I don't have to prove "intent"--intent is obvious--what is important here is the DATE that Sestak announced that he was running for the democrat nomination--and the DATE that this offer was made by the White House---:lol::lol:

If the White House made the offer "after" this announcement--intent is OBVIOUS.

Intent is not "obvious". Anyone trying to make this case would have a VERY hard time proving intent - I'm certain of this. The more facts that come out in this case, the more true this will become.

Rep. Joe Sestak, winner of the Pennsylvania Democratic Senate primary, is refusing to provide more information on what job he was offered by a White House official to drop of that race, although he confirmed again that the incident occurred.

The White House was backing incumbent Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pa.) in the primary. Sestak acknowledged in an interview in February that he was offered a position by an unnamed White House official - a potential violation of federal law - but has not offered any specifics on conversation. Republicans are trying to use the issue against Sestak in the November Senate race.

"It's interesting. I was asked a question about something that happened months earlier, and I felt that I should answer it honestly, and that's all I had to say about it." Sestak said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press. "Anybody else has to decide on what they will say upon their role. That's their responsibility."

Yet Sestak confirmed to NBC's David Gregory that the incident did take place. "I was offered a job, and I answered that," Sestak said. "Anything that goes beyond that is for others to talk about."

Sestak being a retired admiral--it is believed was offered the secretary of Navy position a high level position that would have had to have been approved by the POTUS. Of course Arlen Spector the long time Republican who switched party to become a Democrat directly after Obama took office and voted for the 787 billion dollar stimulus bill. Thoughts from political talking heads suggest that the administration would have had to promise Spector something big for changing his decades long party status--possibly-that there would be no opposition coming from another democrat in the primary season--guaranteeing Spector's nomination.

Therefore, the administration offered Sestak a position which he turned down. Gates--White House press secretary has refused to answer questions about this political pay-off that went sour for months. Sestak just spilled the beans. If found to be true, this is an impeachable offense on the POTUS.

Sestak confirms WH job offer to get out of Senate race - POLITICO Live - POLITICO.com

What an idiot! Impeachable offense? Every administration makes deals to get the best help. What do you think fuckwit? That these guys are just sitting around in thier mommies basement like you? What a hack pathetic loser.

O.K.--then give one other example of any administration that made an offer such as this--and AFTER the person announced his/her intent to run for elected office.

LINK?

If the White House made the offer "after" this announcement--intent is CLEAR. Right now--Sustek since he is running for senator--is under a 1000lb. gorilla with questions that will have to be answered. Either Sustek is lying about this offer--or this administration has broken the law.

Take your pick.

Not quite. All Sestek has said is that he received a job offer. He didn't say when, or who, or anything.

O.K.--then give one other example of any administration that made an offer such as this--and AFTER the person announced his/her intent to run for elected office.

LINK?

When did Sestak said that he received this offer AFTER announcing his intent to run?

Prove intent.

If the White House made the offer "after" this announcement--intent is OBVIOUS.

Intent is not "obvious". Anyone trying to make this case would have a VERY hard time proving intent - I'm certain of this. The more facts that come out in this case, the more true this will become.

That's the problem--Press secretary Gates--has avoided all questions regarding this since February. He won't answer any--except that he finally admitted over the weekend that YES an offer was made--but that there was nothing to it--::lol:--when asked about "details" he avoided the question.

Last edited:
Actually, I think that by definition, logical fallacies are NOT facts.

Logical fallacies like "it happens everyday in politics"? :eusa_whistle:

Not sure you know what a logical fallacy is.....

A logical fallacy would be one's error in reasoning. Your perception of an idea or ideology that is flawed based on your lack of understanding, experience or knowledge of the subject..

Here's a good example: You said it is everyday politics....I don't agree. If it were, there would be many more examples and it would have been dismissed by the Obama talking heads with many examples from the Bush years. Haven't seen any of those...have we? So it's NOT (fact) an everyday occurence and if it were, there would have been no reason for you to be so tight-lipped about the example you gave earlier.

LINK?

When did Sestak said that he received this offer AFTER announcing his intent to run?

During his campaign he spilled the beans--campaigning that he was offered a position by the White House to drop out of the race. Press secretary Gates finally admitted that an offer was made--but would not talk about any details.

So now we KNOW--since Gates has confirmed it--that Sustek was offered a position.

Last edited:
Logical fallacies like "it happens everyday in politics"? :eusa_whistle:

Not sure you know what a logical fallacy is.....

A logical fallacy would be one's error in reasoning. Your perception of an idea or ideology that is flawed based on your lack of understanding, experience or knowledge of the subject..

Here's a good example: You said it is everyday politics....I don't agree. If it were, there would be many more examples and it would have been dismissed by the Obama talking heads with many examples from the Bush years. Haven't seen any of those...have we? So it's NOT (fact) an everyday occurence and if it were, there would have been no reason for you to be so tight-lipped about the example you gave earlier.

So, the fact that I've worked directly for elected officials for years must account for my "lack of understanding, experience, or knowledge of the subject", right?

And I did give the name.

LINK?

During his campaign he spilled the beans--campaigning that he was offered a position by the White House to drop out of the race. Press secretary Gates finally admitted that an offer was made--but would not talk about any details.

hmmm...wouldn't talk about the details...sounds very familiar......

I'll give the DOCTOR this much...it's VERY hard to prove intent when you refuse to talk about it. You may not be able to prove the guilt...but you have problem pointing out how guilty they look.

Loose lips sink ships...Gates isn't going to say a thing. I'm surprised he admitted any knowledge of it.

LINK?

So he used it as a campaign tactic - to separate himself from "politics as usual". It's a pretty good tactic, particularly against someone like Specter.

When did he say he received the offer BEFORE he announced?

LINK?

Link? Ha ha Guess what dick tracy... ? It doesn't matter "When". No law has been broken. People get snapped up all time to get admin positions...some immediately after elections..It happened here in Seattle twice right after the 08 election. You just don't have any kind of a criminal or moral case. Unless you want to be thought a hack fool like Sara..drop it...or not and brand yourself a forever idiot.

Being wrong isn't the end of the world. Proving it into infinity limits your credibility infinitely.

hmmm...wouldn't talk about the details...sounds very familiar......

I'll give the DOCTOR this much...it's VERY hard to prove intent when you refuse to talk about it. You may not be able to prove the guilt...but you have problem pointing out how guilty they look.

Loose lips sink ships...Gates isn't going to say a thing. I'm surprised he admitted any knowledge of it.

Yeah--he did over the weekend--it's on video--and I am still looking for it.

LINK?

Link? Ha ha Guess what dick tracy... ? It doesn't matter "When". No law has been broken. People get snapped up all time to get admin positions...some immediately after elections..It happened here in Seattle twice right after the 08 election. You just don't have any kind of a criminal or moral case. Unless you want to be thought a hack fool like Sara..drop it...or not and brand yourself a forever idiot.

Being wrong isn't the end of the world. Proving it into infinity limits your credibility infinitely.

Yeah thought so--just more histerical babble coming from an Obamabot--that realises this is very serious.

Whoever, directly or indirectly, promises any employment,
position, compensation, contract, appointment, or other benefit,
provided for or made possible in whole or in part by any Act of
Congress, or any special consideration in obtaining any such
benefit, to any person as consideration, favor, or reward for any
political activity or for the support of or opposition to any
candidate or any political party in connection with any general or
special election to any political office, or in connection with any
primary election or political convention or caucus held to select
candidates for any political office, shall be fined under this
title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back