Obama in serious trouble--Sestak confirms WH offer to drop out of Senate race

Title 18, U.S.C. Section 211 says that, “Whoever solicits or receives, either as a political contribution or for personal emolument, any money or thing of value, in consideration of the promise of support or use of influence in obtaining for any person any appointive office or place under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year or both

Title 18, U.S.C. Section 595, which says, “Whoever, being a person employed in any administrative position by the United States … uses his official authority for the purposes of interfering with, or affecting the nomination of, or the election of any candidate for office of President, Vice President, Presidential elector, Member of the Senate, Member of the House of Representative…shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.”

CNSNews.com - Justice Dept Should Probe Alleged White House Offer to Rep. Sestak, Legal Experts Say

The only person who could be in trouble under Section 211 is Sestak, and he claims he was offered the job, so unless someone is claiming he asked for it it does not apply. Applying Section 595 would be a considerable stretch because all they were doing is offering him a job if he did not run in the primary. Unless Sestak was specifically told he was being offered the job because the White House did not want him in the primary all anyone can do is posture, and even if he was told this I am positive that the ties to Obama are clouded enough that no one will be able to tie him to it directly. He might be incompetent, but he is a lawyer, and thus fully understands the concept of deniability. Thus there is no impeachable offense. But feel free to jump on any rabid bandwagon you want to, just do not expect the real world to join you.

Read section 595 MORON.

Whoever offered him the job might, repeat might, be indictable under Section 595. Sestak has never said who offered him the job, and I saw nothing in the article that indicated this person was Obama. It is not an impeachable offense simply because you do not like Obama.

Title 18, U.S.C. Section 211 says that, “Whoever solicits or receives, either as a political contribution or for personal emolument, any money or thing of value, in consideration of the promise of support or use of influence in obtaining for any person any appointive office or place under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year or both

Title 18, U.S.C. Section 595, which says, “Whoever, being a person employed in any administrative position by the United States … uses his official authority for the purposes of interfering with, or affecting the nomination of, or the election of any candidate for office of President, Vice President, Presidential elector, Member of the Senate, Member of the House of Representative…shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.”

CNSNews.com - Justice Dept Should Probe Alleged White House Offer to Rep. Sestak, Legal Experts Say

The only person who could be in trouble under Section 211 is Sestak, and he claims he was offered the job, so unless someone is claiming he asked for it it does not apply. Applying Section 595 would be a considerable stretch because all they were doing is offering him a job if he did not run in the primary. Unless Sestak was specifically told he was being offered the job because the White House did not want him in the primary all anyone can do is posture, and even if he was told this I am positive that the ties to Obama are clouded enough that no one will be able to tie him to it directly. He might be incompetent, but he is a lawyer, and thus fully understands the concept of deniability. Thus there is no impeachable offense. But feel free to jump on any rabid bandwagon you want to, just do not expect the real world to join you.

Read section 595 MORON.

You should read it a little closer. And then maybe you can let us know how anyone would be able to prove the intent to "interfere"

I can only see two explanations for the way that some Conservatives have been acting towards Obama.

Either they're really naive, and think that every "scandal" they come up with is unique to Obama - that commonplace events are so "outrageous".

Offering the opponent a job is a long-standing political tactic. People have been doing it for hundreds if not thousands of years.

Or they're dishonest.

Are you going to back this up with examples or just keep making the claim?

Well, I can give you one off the top of my head.

In NYC, a former city councilman was given a job as Assistant Comptroller to keep him from attempting a run for State Senate. This happened this year.

and you...working for Mayor Bloomberg...offered him this job...and he accepted?

Only because you turn a blind eye to it.

Me.... turn a blind eye to it?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Dude, I'm a political consultant. I do it for a living!

So you're an Administration official...speaking on behalf of a Presidential Administration that is offering jobs to potential running mates of Democratic candidates...please do elaborate!!!!

No, I don't work for the White House. I work in New York State politics mostly. Some work in Jersey.

In NYC, a former city councilman was given a job as Assistant Comptroller to keep him from attempting a run for State Senate. This happened this year.

and you...working for Mayor Bloomberg...offered him this job...and he accepted?

No, I don't work for Bloomberg either.

But he did take the job.

Who? And it also happened recently? I don't think you are helping out BO very much....you might want to make like Biden and "just don't talk anymore, Joe."

As I already stated, I don't work for Obama. I'm not trying to "help" Obama.

I'm stating facts.

And I'm not going to mention any names, for the obvious reason that I'm not allowed to, but I'm sure you could do a quick google search and find out who I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Me.... turn a blind eye to it?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Dude, I'm a political consultant. I do it for a living!

So you're an Administration official...speaking on behalf of a Presidential Administration that is offering jobs to potential running mates of Democratic candidates...please do elaborate!!!!

No, I don't work for the White House. I work in New York State politics mostly. Some work in Jersey.

Interesting...that explains the total disregard for the law at least.

Oh, if you only knew the truth.

:lol::lol: Yeah--that kind of explains the attitude--but I think the rest of the country expects our elected officials to abide by the laws of this nation--because they sure expect us too.

Below video is Sustek on Meet the Press over this weekend.

POLITICO.com: VIDEOS

Who? And it also happened recently? I don't think you are helping out BO very much....you might want to make like Biden and "just don't talk anymore, Joe."

I'm stating facts.

Facts that don't have names? Are we gonna play hide and seek with the facts? I didn't say you worked for Obama. I would be highly entertained if you did though. Because if you did and you were spouting off details about election tampering, you'd probably be getting a call from the WH right about now.

I'm still interested to know who this person was that accepted the position to stay out of a Senate race. That had INTENT written all over it. I'm loving this...

:lol::lol: Yeah--that kind of explains the attitude--but I think the rest of the country expects our elected officials to abide by the laws of this nation--because they sure expect us too.

Well, I guess we'll just have to see then. I could be wrong.

But I doubt this will be the knockout punch that you're furiously hoping for.

Much to your dismay no one is looking for a knockout punch in spite of the total disregard of this story by the MSM...if it had been Bush it would have been aired in the 24/7 news cycle every 5 minutes for the next 6 months while pig face Waxman was threatening investigations for the next 20 years.

If the law was broken someone has to answer for it. The MSM will not give this story the legs it deserves becxause they are in bed with Obama...plain and simple...it's corruption at the highest levels of government and the fear of being called racists that the MSM will NOT act.

I'm stating facts.

Facts that don't have names? Are we gonna play hide and seek with the facts? I didn't say you worked for Obama. I would be highly entertained if you did though. Because if you did and you were spouting off details about election tampering, you'd probably be getting a call from the WH right about now.

I'm still interested to know who this person was that accepted the position to stay out of a Senate race. That had INTENT written all over it. I'm loving this...

I was iffy about mentioning names because of my job - but fuck it. It's an anonymous internet board, and I don't like him anyway. He's an asshole.

Simcha Felder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mark these words...as this story becomes more mainstream on the conservative networks watch the race card be played and the calls that the Republicans are seditionists!!!!

Here's another

Whoever, directly or indirectly, promises any employment,
position, compensation, contract, appointment, or other benefit,
provided for or made possible in whole or in part by any Act of
Congress, or any special consideration in obtaining any such
benefit, to any person as consideration, favor, or reward for any
political activity or for the support of or opposition to any
candidate or any political party in connection with any general or
special election to any political office, or in connection with any
primary election or political convention or caucus held to select
candidates for any political office, shall be fined under this
title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

18 U.S.C. § 600 : US Code - Section 600: Promise of employment or other benefit for political activity

Much to your dismay no one is looking for a knockout punch in spite of the total disregard of this story by the MSM...if it had been Bush it would have been aired in the 24/7 news cycle every 5 minutes for the next 6 months while pig face Waxman was threatening investigations for the next 20 years.

If the law was broken someone has to answer for it. The MSM will not give this story the legs it deserves becxause they are in bed with Obama...plain and simple...it's corruption at the highest levels of government and the fear of being called racists that the MSM will NOT act.

The Bush logical fallacy:

"If <blank> happened when Bush was president EVERYONE would be screaming about it"

The Bush logical fallacy:

"If <blank> happened when Bush was president EVERYONE would be screaming about it"

Facts suck don't they...Bush would have had a MASSIVE smear campaign run on him by the big three.

Here's another

Whoever, directly or indirectly, promises any employment,
position, compensation, contract, appointment, or other benefit,
provided for or made possible in whole or in part by any Act of
Congress, or any special consideration in obtaining any such
benefit, to any person as consideration, favor, or reward for any
political activity or for the support of or opposition to any
candidate or any political party in connection with any general or
special election to any political office, or in connection with any
primary election or political convention or caucus held to select
candidates for any political office, shall be fined under this
title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

18 U.S.C. § 600 : US Code - Section 600: Promise of employment or other benefit for political activity

Prove intent.

I'm stating facts.

And I'm not going to mention any names, for the obvious reason that I'm not allowed to, but I'm sure you could do a quick google search and find out who I'm talking about.

Interesting...and you're not allowed to because......?

Wait...(sniff sniff) I smell a rat!

Forum List

Back