Obama in Hawaii

Bush Spent 5 Times More On Flights To Texas Than Obama

During Bush’s two terms, the cost of operating Air Force One ranged from $56,800 to $68,000 an hour. Bush used Air Force One 77 times to go to his ranch in Crawford, TX. Using the low end cost of $56,800, Media Matters calculated that each trip to Crawford cost taxpayers $259,687 each time, and $20 million total for Bush’s ranch flights.

If cost of the flight was the only expense involved to taxpayers Bush’s vacations would still seem rather economical, but there is more, much more. Unlike the Obama’s $4 million Christmas vacation price tag, which includes the cost of everything from transportation to accommodations for the First Family, the White House staff, and the White House press corps, Bush’s numbers only include the cost of flying the president to Crawford. The cost of transporting and accommodating staff, media, friends and family is not included in Bush’s vacation numbers."

Media Matters?????

:lmao:

Let's look at this, shall we?

$20 million over 8 years is not much when you consider that Obama spent $1.4 billion this year alone traveling and taking care of his family.

So let's look at that with all of the zeros.

8 years - $20,000,000.00

1 year - $1,400,000,000.00 times 8

So Obama projects to $11,200,000,000.00

Bush spent ---------------$20,000,000.00

Which is less?

Obama is spending 56 times more than Bush.

One of Obama's trips costs $4 million and all 77 of Bush's trips cost $20 million. Seems like a decent reduction if you do the math.

I don't think we'll ever see a fair comparison in the press because they don't want anyone to know how much more Obama is spending than Bush.

Last edited:
politico44 ^ | 1222/12 | DONOVAN SLACK

The president arrived at Honolulu Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam early Saturday morning. The first family is staying at a vacation home in Kailua.
(Excerpt)
Obama in Hawaii | POLITICO 44 - POLITICO.com

Surely he and the family will stop by to see the progress on the $35 million dollar mansion being built for them.

obama in Hawaii

Looks comfy. Have a good rest, Barack. You deserve it. Work on that tan. :D

http://assets.opencrs.com/rpts/RS21835_20070410.pdf

I would suggest anyone who is honestly upset over presidential vacations read this full report. It has lots of useful information.

No one is honestly upset over presidential vacations, but some people are curious about why the subject is soo controversial.

You're right, clearly no one is upset that the president gets to spend Christmas with his family in Hawaii.

This isn't true.

You'd think for once this asshole would put off his vacation till after the threat of a shutdown was over.

But we've come to expect it from him, so it's just business as usual.

The country is left in the lerch while that prick has a good time.

Last edited:
Yes....the Senator from ILLINOIS doesn't go back to Chicago.

Can you blame him?

The presidents family wants to go home for the holidays! That bastard!:rolleyes:

Well he is a little far west I would say.

Sorry it had to be done.:D

I didn't know Michelle was from Hawaii too.

I thought she was raised in the South side of Chicago.

Michelle may have been reared on the south side...

of course, an overweight wife like you in a dead end life enjoys watching mooooocheelle live high on the hog, you live your pathetic life through admiring her.

keep whining gb, i'm enjoying the pity party you're throwing.

"bush deserved to go to texas! It was cheaper i bet too!"

$michelle obama.jpg

No one is honestly upset over presidential vacations, but some people are curious about why the subject is soo controversial.

You're right, clearly no one is upset that the president gets to spend Christmas with his family in Hawaii.

This isn't true.

You'd think for once this asshole would put off his vacation till after the threat of a shutdown was over.

But we've come to expect it from him, so it's just business as usual.

The country is left in the lerch while that prick has a good time.

Yeah, but his golf game sucks. rdean could beat Obama at golf.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back