Obama in denial

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Obama in Denial | RealClearPolitics

One would think, given so much practice, that the Obama White House would have been better prepared for last week's wretched jobs report.

Instead, we witnessed the five stages of bad public relations. Delusion: It was a "step in the right direction." Dismissiveness: Don't "read too much into any one monthly report." Grudging acceptance: "It's still tough out there." Cliché: "There are no quick fixes." Self-pity: "I suspect that most people in Cincinnati would acknowledge that I've tried real hard."

I suspect that most people in Cincinnati and elsewhere would prefer an economic strategy that consists of something more than blame shifting and the systematic lowering of expectations.

Obama's economic message is currently premised on the denial of a crisis. But last month -- three years into an anemic recovery -- more American workers went on Social Security disability (85,000) than got jobs (80,000). Hispanic unemployment is at nearly 11 percent; African-American unemployment at about 14 percent. In any other political circumstance, the Democratic Party would be seized with urgency.
They are too busy trying to get Obama re-elected to worry about such trivial matters.

Obama is showing signs of ideological exhaustion. He seems incapable of producing an economic agenda equal to his political challenge.

In this case, Obama could well suffer a Carter-like collapse, circa 1980. Not because of an ideological shift but a simple, collective judgment: He did not deliver recovery.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCN5-ovvFL0]FLASHBACK: Obama: My Presidency Will Be 'A One-Term Proposition' If Economy Doesn't Turn In 3 Years - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02opbu7tcHw]Obama on Being a One-Term President, Solyndra - YouTube[/ame]

I'm not sure it's denial, I think he's just running out of people to blame. :)

And he's frustrated that people arent just accepting the blame he has already directed to others.

Keep in mind, this might be the first time in his life he has to face personal accountability. He may just not have any idea how to do it.

I'm sure baby bush's former speechwriter has a real handle on delusion.

ah well..

Impossible to dispute the facts, uh? :lol:

You have to excuse Jillian...SHE the supposed "LAWYER" Portends herself to be smarter than eveyone else.

SHE is a SHILL and NOT to be feared...Jillian is to be MOCKED, Ridiculed...at every oppritunity.

Jillian means ZERO.

And he's frustrated that people arent just accepting the blame he has already directed to others.

Keep in mind, this might be the first time in his life he has to face personal accountability. He may just not have any idea how to do it.

He does pretty well define the whole "born with a silver spoon in his mouth" scenario.

You have to excuse Jillian...SHE the supposed "LAWYER" Portends herself to be smarter than eveyone else.

SHE is a SHILL and NOT to be feared...Jillian is to be MOCKED, Ridiculed...at every oppritunity.

Jillian means ZERO.

I'm above such things! I would never mock Jillian.

Damn, couldn't type that with a straight face...

I do pity her though... Honest.

Jillian means ZERO.

I'm above such things! I would never mock Jillian.

Damn, couldn't type that with a straight face...

I do pity her though... Honest.

I can...I have NO problem with SMACKDOWNespecially HER. She's an IDIOT. A mouthpiece that spouts PARTY LINE that LOATHES America.

I'll Smack her DOWN every time I get the chance.

Forum List

Back