Obama in a Landslide?

Liability, the skewing toward Democrats in polling has definitively been defeated elsewhere above.

Either the TPM gets squarely behind Romney on the issues the way he wants, or the TPM may well cost him the votes in the swing states.

What do you want: Romney victory or TPM ideological purity? You can't have both.

The empirical evidence - polling is all we have - definitely makes it look like Obama will get 300+ electoral votes. It's weird to see people making predictions of a Romney win based purely on the basis that they don't think he deserves to win. Not exactly a scientific foundation there.

The righties point to excitement level favoring Romney, and they point to the 8%+ unemployment history. I dunno. As I recall, could be wrong here, the RCP poll average ended up being pretty close in 2008, wasn't it?

;

For folks to take polling data seriously requires a leap of faith.

If you include DEMOCRAT voters at a much higher percentage of the polling sample than their corresponding (likely) numbers at the actual polling booths, then you will end up with some very skewed data.

The incumbent is going to lose because he sucks at the job, people know it, his base is disaffected and valid polling data shows that the incumbent is in deep doo doo in many of the needed "battleground States."

;

obama-media.jpg

Liability, the skewing toward Democrats in polling has definitively been defeated elsewhere above.

Either the TPM gets squarely behind Romney on the issues the way he wants, or the TPM may well cost him the votes in the swing states.

What do you want: Romney victory or TPM ideological purity? You can't have both.

Fakey:

Nothing anywhere has defeated the skewing of the polls towards the Dims. Nothing. You making that claim and it being true are mutually exclusive.

The Tea Party Movement wants our government to behave as though the Constitutional limits on Federal Governmental authority and power have actual meaning. But, as I heard once on the original Star Trek television show, 'for now, only a fool fights in a burning house.'

I anticipate that in the Presidential race, in order to remove the blight that we have, those Constitutionally loyal Tea Party participants will vote for Mitt. For the time being, the Tea Party members will settle for Mitt and concentrate on getting more devout Constitutionalists into all the other offices.

On the other hand, there is going to be a mass defection from the Dim camp due to general dissatisfaction with The ONE. He's fucking toast.

One can indeed have a closer approximation of Constitutional fidelity AND a Mitt win. Indeed, the former requires the latter. And Mitt had best take note of the fact that the Tea Party members and the Republicans in general are not going to give him a whole lot of lee-way. He had better get used to the idea that compromising with liberal Democratics in order to be able to get bills passed is NOT what the voters want or need. And if he tries that shit, he will be a one term-er (like The ONE is about to be).

The empirical evidence - polling is all we have - definitely makes it look like Obama will get 300+ electoral votes. It's weird to see people making predictions of a Romney win based purely on the basis that they don't think he deserves to win. Not exactly a scientific foundation there.

The righties point to excitement level favoring Romney, and they point to the 8%+ unemployment history. I dunno. As I recall, could be wrong here, the RCP poll average ended up being pretty close in 2008, wasn't it?

30 years ago, Obama wouldn't have a chance of being re-elected, but then again it would have been doubtful he would have ever been elected in the first place.

The 8%+ unemployment rate certainly would have been enough to sink him by itself, but with changing demographics, and with so many people either on the dole or having no problem being on the dole, it looks like that historical trivia isn't going to be true this time around.
Sad, but probably true. This is what happens when you train the sheep to look to the government for their well being.

I anticipate that in the Presidential race, in order to remove the blight that we have, those Constitutionally loyal Tea Party participants will vote for Mitt. For the time being, the Tea Party members will settle for Mitt and concentrate on getting more devout Constitutionalists into all the other offices.

Based on that, how confident are you that Ron Paul's people will vote for Romney and not Gary Johnson, even though they can't possibly like Romney, just to get Obama out of office? That would require some serious bending of their principles, wouldn't it?

30 years ago, Obama wouldn't have a chance of being re-elected, but then again it would have been doubtful he would have ever been elected in the first place.

The 8%+ unemployment rate certainly would have been enough to sink him by itself, but with changing demographics, and with so many people either on the dole or having no problem being on the dole, it looks like that historical trivia isn't going to be true this time around.
Sad, but probably true. This is what happens when you train the sheep to look to the government for their well being.

Reagan couldn't be elected or re-elected today.

Based on that, how confident are you that Ron Paul's people will vote for Romney and not Gary Johnson, even though they can't possibly like Romney, just to get Obama out of office? That would require some serious bending of their principles, wouldn't it?

Irrelevant.

They don't make up a big enough voting base to matter.

You have not answered the question: will you work for a Romney victory the way MR's people tell the TPM to work? Will you put aside with ideological purity until after the election? Not to worry, that will be dealt with after the election, come win or lose.

Fakey:

Nothing anywhere has defeated the skewing of the polls towards the Dims. Nothing. You making that claim and it being true are mutually exclusive.

The Tea Party Movement wants our government to behave as though the Constitutional limits on Federal Governmental authority and power have actual meaning. But, as I heard once on the original Star Trek television show, 'for now, only a fool fights in a burning house.'

On the other hand, there is going to be a mass defection from the Dim camp due to general dissatisfaction with The ONE. He's fucking toast.

One can indeed have a closer approximation of Constitutional fidelity AND a Mitt win. Indeed, the former requires the latter. And Mitt had best take note of the fact that the Tea Party members and the Republicans in general are not going to give him a whole lot of lee-way. He had better get used to the idea that compromising with liberal Democratics in order to be able to get bills passed is NOT what the voters want or need. And if he tries that shit, he will be a one term-er (like The ONE is about to be).

Irrelevant.

They don't make up a big enough voting base to matter.

Could be, but I'd guess that given the choice, Romney would rather have them than not have them.

Obama is probably a better debater.

I sincerely hope Americans get off their lazy derrières and find alternatives to these criminals currently in power and those of the identical ilk who would replace them.

As Rasmussen polls show, Romney is wining the popular vote, but losing in the electoral college. And I think that is the probable outcome unless he manages to shake up the campaign, by decisevily wining the debates or something like that. I want Romney to win but I'm trying to be as much realistic as I can now and unfortunatelly I think Obama has more chances.

Liberals don’t want to jinx it. It terrifies the right. And the press would prefer a nail-biter. But the fact is that finding Romney’s path to victory is getting harder every day.

There’s a secret lurking behind everything you’re reading about the upcoming election, a secret that all political insiders know—or should—but few are talking about, most likely because it takes the drama out of the whole business. The secret is the electoral college, and the fact is that the more you look at it, the more you come to conclude that Mitt Romney has to draw an inside straight like you’ve never ever seen in a movie to win this thing. This is especially true now that it seems as if Pennsylvania isn’t really up for grabs. Romney’s paths to 270 are few.

It’s beginning to look like Obama can lose the big Eastern four—Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida: all of ’em!—and still be reelected.​

More: Michael Tomasky on the (Possible) Coming Obama Landslide - The Daily Beast

Landslide? If lefties convinced themselves that man-made global warming exists it must be about faith vs reality. I wonder who agnostics pray to?

One thing we know, if the lying adminstration wins there is absolutely no reason they should have.

New Topics

Forum List

Back