Obama in a Landslide?

My guess is Obama will win but not in a landslide, he'll comfortably will the electoral college but the popular vote will be closer, the Dems will keep the Senate but it'll be close there-close to 50-50, the House will stay Rep but the Dems will gain some, the Tea Party will pick up a couple seats in the House and one in the Senate.

From what I've seen, this is the likely outcome.

That is also generally how I perceive the outcome.

You blew your 'prediction credibility' by claiming the right wing were responsible for violence undertaken by Occupy. Remember that? Granted, it was over an hour ago you made that claim but try to think back.

So, the DAILYBEAST who employs that genius Meggie McCain is predicting Obama in a landslide..

what a hoot

pets_ruin_my_stuff_part_2_640_26.jpg

Hey, are you going to sue me like you threatened or not?

Say what? :wtf::disbelief:

Check it out: http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/238412-whine-of-the-century.html

Liberals don’t want to jinx it. It terrifies the right. And the press would prefer a nail-biter. But the fact is that finding Romney’s path to victory is getting harder every day.

There’s a secret lurking behind everything you’re reading about the upcoming election, a secret that all political insiders know—or should—but few are talking about, most likely because it takes the drama out of the whole business. The secret is the electoral college, and the fact is that the more you look at it, the more you come to conclude that Mitt Romney has to draw an inside straight like you’ve never ever seen in a movie to win this thing. This is especially true now that it seems as if Pennsylvania isn’t really up for grabs. Romney’s paths to 270 are few.

It’s beginning to look like Obama can lose the big Eastern four—Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida: all of ’em!—and still be reelected.​

More: Michael Tomasky on the (Possible) Coming Obama Landslide - The Daily Beast

An electoral landslide is often still a 55-45% split, which isn't a landslide at all.

I think that Romney will take all the states McCain won, plus Indiana and North Carolina. Which puts him nowhere near beating Obama. I suspect the popular vote will be something like 52-48%.

(1) The TPM makes it harder every day in the swing states for Romney, and Romney can't get the discussion focused on economics. (2) Romney gets two more tries: the convention and the debates. He will win or lose the election on whether he can talk successfully about the economy. The President will win if he can keep Romney pinned on any other and all issues, which he has been doing quite well.

If Obama wins, I think the Dems will still have the Senate. If so, then both sides have to compromise, or everyone will be thrown out in 2014.

Sorry Jake,

But your claims about Kerry taking Nebraska kinda put you in the "not credible" zone.

I am quite confident that much will be in play that does not seem to be right now after the conventions.

Romney hasn't been hitting hard because everyone who is interested now already has their mind made up.

It's when the latecomers show up that the real battle begins.

Romney appears to be holding back until it gets closer. Then I forecast a blitz of media and issues you haven't even thought about.

Obama won't know what hit him. He is spending all his money now with very little to show for it.

(1) The TPM makes it harder every day in the swing states for Romney, and Romney can't get the discussion focused on economics. (2) Romney gets two more tries: the convention and the debates. He will win or lose the election on whether he can talk successfully about the economy. The President will win if he can keep Romney pinned on any other and all issues, which he has been doing quite well.

If Obama wins, I think the Dems will still have the Senate. If so, then both sides have to compromise, or everyone will be thrown out in 2014.

The TPM wins elections... so they aren't going away any time soon.

Romney might get a boost from the convention, but that will be nullified almost immediately when teh Democrats have theirs. (Incumbant party goes last.)

The debates, am I the only one who remembers the Primary Debates when Romney was barely holding his own against Newt and Rick?

reagan vs. carter, reagand own by 8 points into October, branded as an ' out there con' etc etc ...they and that one debate together, the week after reagan never looked back. Romney aint no reagan but I think people will really tune in after the conventions....if Romney debates well, and uses the cash he'll have in abundance wisely, he can win.

That is if Obama even shows UP to any debates.

:lmao: As if. Obama will be the only one who shows up. Brain dead Romney will be in the parking lot trying to find his butt with both hands.

Liberals don’t want to jinx it. It terrifies the right. And the press would prefer a nail-biter. But the fact is that finding Romney’s path to victory is getting harder every day.

There’s a secret lurking behind everything you’re reading about the upcoming election, a secret that all political insiders know—or should—but few are talking about, most likely because it takes the drama out of the whole business. The secret is the electoral college, and the fact is that the more you look at it, the more you come to conclude that Mitt Romney has to draw an inside straight like you’ve never ever seen in a movie to win this thing. This is especially true now that it seems as if Pennsylvania isn’t really up for grabs. Romney’s paths to 270 are few.

It’s beginning to look like Obama can lose the big Eastern four—Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida: all of ’em!—and still be reelected.​

More: Michael Tomasky on the (Possible) Coming Obama Landslide - The Daily Beast
How's your shyster lawyer neighbor today? Got grounds for a suit?

reagan vs. carter, reagand own by 8 points into October, branded as an ' out there con' etc etc ...they and that one debate together, the week after reagan never looked back. Romney aint no reagan but I think people will really tune in after the conventions....if Romney debates well, and uses the cash he'll have in abundance wisely, he can win.

Wow, you really ARE a fuckin' delusional wingnut, aren't you.

bd_laughatem.gif

Wow, you really ARE a fuckin' delusional wingnut, aren't you.

bd_laughatem.gif

Nope. not at all. Obama is that arrogant. It's alright I understand your ignorance.

:lmao: As if. Obama will be the only one who shows up. Brain dead Romney will be in the parking lot trying to find his butt with both hands.

Keep thinking that as Romey is already UP in polls for his trip abroad...and our allies appear to like him better than they EVER did your Messiah.

YOU are in for one rude awakening.

Forum List

Back