Obama impeachment bill now in Congress

Ever president has follwoed the war powers act of receiving congressional approval over the 60 day mark except two presidents. Clinton and Obama.

He broke this quasi-law, like it or not. He did not get approval from congress.

Last edited:
But we can't have logic or reason ruing a perfectly good military conflict can we???

For the "right" organizations, there is a lot of money to be made when America goes to war.

And how is it that going to war and paying for the war is not linked in your mind. It is in mine. It is part of the same conversation. We wouldn't be in the hole we are in had we had paid up front for the Iraq war.

No money to fight war with, no war.

True. I'm all for actually paying for wars and entitlement programs now and not putting that burden on future generations.

THE PRESIDENT'S CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY TO CONDUCT MILITARY OPERATIONS AGAINST TERRORISTS AND NATIONS SUPPORTING THEM

The President has broad constitutional power to take military action in response to the terrorist attacks on the United States on September 11, 2001. Congress has acknowledged this inherent executive power in both the War Powers Resolution and the Joint Resolution passed by Congress on September 14, 2001.

The President has constitutional power not only to retaliate against any person, organization, or State suspected of involvement in terrorist attacks on the United States, but also against foreign States suspected of harboring or supporting such organizations.

The President may deploy military force preemptively against terrorist organizations or the States that harbor or support them, whether or not they can be linked to the specific terrorist incidents of September 11.

The efforts in Libya had ZERO to do with terrorist activity. If anything, it was treason because the initiative handed the country over to al qaeda members. Their flag is flying high in Libya now.

You fail at the law.

You are also then aware of which party pushed the hardest for passage of the war powers act?

I'm going to guess it WASN'T the Libertarian party, my party.

Bet it was one of the two big gov, big war parties, correct?

Pass on the fries but the crow is yours.

Now that was a really pitiful evasion post.

Evasion? He's a freakin libertarian. The Libertarians didnt pass it. So how the heck is he evading anything?

“an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor.”

Rep. Walter B. Jones Jr., R-N.C: - Isn't sure what it would be, maybe he might refer to it as Treason.

at any rate the subject has already been resolved with the WPA - war powers act - just another Tea Party Republican grandstanding for reelection ...

But we can't have logic or reason ruing a perfectly good military conflict can we???

For the "right" organizations, there is a lot of money to be made when America goes to war.

And how is it that going to war and paying for the war is not linked in your mind. It is in mine. It is part of the same conversation. We wouldn't be in the hole we are in had we had paid up front for the Iraq war.

No money to fight war with, no war.

True. I'm all for actually paying for wars and entitlement programs now and not putting that burden on future generations.

Arent we all. At least all of us sane people.

I am familiar with that unconstitutional act as I am with the unconstitutional wars fought since WWII. Thanks for your input, now please let the adults talk.

You are also then aware of which party pushed the hardest for passage of the war powers act?

would you like freedom fries with that crow?

You might also want to tell him, if he reads the memo, it's been upheld.

But he won't ... knowledge is anathema to him.

Pro war activist judges upholding pro war activist yet unconstitutional laws? Shocking, just shocking. And by the way, even if the WPA were constitutional, Obama violated it as did Clinton.

Good. About time someone stood up for the law of the land. Congress declares war, not the President and not the frickin' UN or NATO. Attempting to change the definition of war is ludicrous. If nothing else, I hope this scares the shit out of the next guy that attempts to takes us to war without following the Constitution.
How 'bout....

.....and.....is profit-margin, like.....a relative-variable??

:eusa_eh:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbDfYzq_HaQ]Truth about Halliburton and Dick Cheney - YouTube[/ame]​

How so? I honestly don't give a shit which party pushed for this act anymore than I care which party supports unconstitutional entitlement programs...because we know they both do.

Evasion? He's a freakin libertarian. The Libertarians didnt pass it. So how the heck is he evading anything?

He evaded answering which party supported the war powers act the most.
And the crow is not mine since I was against the war powers act from the start and the wars as well.
I suspect he is an embareassed republican brand of LIbertarian.

Only a fool would believe that Panetta's testemony would mean such a thing.

As a congressman Rep Jones should be aware that of the War Powers Act of 1973 spells out what Congress beleives it's role in determining the course of US military action to be.

It should be noted that all presidents since 1973 claim that the act is unconstitutional because it is congress encroaching on the powers of the Commander in Chief, but it has yet to be challenged by either side of the coin.

But impeachment if it ever reaches the House floor is an up or down 50/50 vote so there is hope for you Obama haters out there. However the trial in the Senate.....not so much.

Holy freakin' smokes. This place is like an asylum. Is everything distorted and stretched and twisted and scorched until it is unrecognizable?

I mean, come on, I know politics is bad but a few days back here after a long absence is like walking into bizzaro world. The people HERE think Washington is crazy?

Hey, you think the Rethugs will pay for this war with Iran. Or is it going on the credit card?

I think I heard Porky Limbaugh suggest the Iranians would "greet us like liberators"....and, throw ca$h at us.

(...But, ya' gotta consider....he is a Dead-O-Head whisperer.)

it should be noted again, that only TWO presidents have broken this quasi-law. Clinton and Obama. Nothing will come of impeachment proceedings. It's all a pony show.

Good. About time someone stood up for the law of the land. Congress declares war, not the President and not the frickin' UN or NATO. Attempting to change the definition of war is ludicrous. If nothing else, I hope this scares the shit out of the next guy that attempts to takes us to war without following the Constitution.

let me introduce you to the War Powers Act... clearly you're uninformed.

THE PRESIDENT'S CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY TO CONDUCT MILITARY OPERATIONS AGAINST TERRORISTS AND NATIONS SUPPORTING THEM

Do you know when the last time we declared war was??

WWII.

learn something.... anything.

I am familiar with that unconstitutional act as I am with the unconstitutional wars fought since WWII. Thanks for your input, now please let the adults talk.

So.....Bush should have been impeached? The invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq were illegal?

Holy freakin' smokes. This place is like an asylum. Is everything distorted and stretched and twisted and scorched until it is unrecognizable?

I mean, come on, I know politics is bad but a few days back here after a long absence is like walking into bizzaro world. The people HERE think Washington is crazy?

this is a bizarro world and Washington is crazy.

let me introduce you to the War Powers Act... clearly you're uninformed.

This memo was done for baby bush:

Do you know when the last time we declared war was??

WWII.

learn something.... anything.

And there you have it folks, the very things I talk about daily. Jill didn't like it when Reps did this but now will use the very same Powers created by Repus (and Dems lol) to defend Obama when he does his wars.

Again, tell me how horrible Reagan is, then tell me how much Obama is just like him...

Miss_Cleo.jpg

Get ready for President Biden?

Forum List

Back