Obama impeachment bill now in Congress

Robodoon

Jan 18, 2012
worship2_dees.jpg

Rep. Walter B. Jones Jr., R-N.C., has introduced a resolution declaring that should the president use offensive military force without authorization of an act of Congress, “it is the sense of Congress” that such an act would be “an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor.”

Specifically, Article I, Section 8, of the Constitution reserves for Congress alone the power to declare war, a restriction that has been sorely tested in recent years, including Obama’s authorization of military force in Libya.

In an exclusive WND column, former U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo claims that Jones introduced his House Concurrent Resolution 107 in response to startling recent comments from Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta. Continued

Comment: Obama is taking his orders from the UN and should be impeached

Last edited:
Good. About time someone stood up for the law of the land. Congress declares war, not the President and not the frickin' UN or NATO. Attempting to change the definition of war is ludicrous. If nothing else, I hope this scares the shit out of the next guy that attempts to takes us to war without following the Constitution.

Hey, you think the Rethugs will pay for this war with Iran. Or is it going on the credit card?

We know Rethugs do not pay for their wars. Hell they didn't even put the war debt on the books. (till Obama came along).

Does debt not matter when there is money to be made from war?

Hey, you think the Rethugs will pay for this war with Iran. Or is it going on the credit card?

We know Rethugs do not pay for their wars. Hell they didn't even put the war debt on the books. (till Obama came along).

Does debt not matter when there is money to be made from war?

Rather off topic. Getting Congressional approval to go to war is a different issue than paying for it.

That said, no, both parties haven't paid for their wars or entitlement programs in some time. Libertarians, on the other hand either avoid the expense or make sure it's paid for without additional debt. But we can't have logic or reason ruing a perfectly good military conflict can we???

Good. About time someone stood up for the law of the land. Congress declares war, not the President and not the frickin' UN or NATO. Attempting to change the definition of war is ludicrous. If nothing else, I hope this scares the shit out of the next guy that attempts to takes us to war without following the Constitution.

let me introduce you to the War Powers Act... clearly you're uninformed.

This memo was done for baby bush:

THE PRESIDENT'S CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY TO CONDUCT MILITARY OPERATIONS AGAINST TERRORISTS AND NATIONS SUPPORTING THEM

Do you know when the last time we declared war was??

WWII.

learn something.... anything.

THE PRESIDENT'S CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY TO CONDUCT MILITARY OPERATIONS AGAINST TERRORISTS AND NATIONS SUPPORTING THEM

WWII.

I am familiar with that unconstitutional act as I am with the unconstitutional wars fought since WWII. Thanks for your input, now please let the adults talk.

WWII.

I am familiar with that unconstitutional act as I am with the unconstitutional wars fought since WWII. Thanks for your input, now please let the adults talk.

You are also then aware of which party pushed the hardest for passage of the war powers act?

would you like freedom fries with that crow?

Last edited:
First, That isnt an impeachment bill. It doesnt impeach anyone.

Second, Obama is going to be defeated at the ballot box in the arena of ideas.

the right liked the changes right until a non republican won office

If you think anyone complaining about it liked these changes you have not been paying any attention at all to anyone's opinion. I suggest you learn to differentiate between people instead of stereotyping them.

WWII.

You are also then aware of which party pushed the hardest for passage of the war powers act?

You might also want to tell him, if he reads the memo, it's been upheld.

But he won't ... knowledge is anathema to him.

Obama is not getting beat by a party that attacks huge swathes of American voters daily

But we can't have logic or reason ruing a perfectly good military conflict can we???

For the "right" organizations, there is a lot of money to be made when America goes to war.

And how is it that going to war and paying for the war is not linked in your mind. It is in mine. It is part of the same conversation. We wouldn't be in the hole we are in had we had paid up front for the Iraq war.

No money to fight war with, no war.

I'm going to guess it WASN'T the Libertarian party, my party.

Bet it was one of the two big gov, big war parties, correct?

Pass on the fries but the crow is yours.

WWII.

As if he cares what party pushed for the act. That doesnt work with people who think both parties are corrupt as hell and wrong.

Forum List

Back