Obama immigration shift a hit with voters, says new poll

illegal is illegal and it is also buying votes. This is one of the things that he does really well. How about creating jops for those of us that are hear legally, like born here. So Jose breaks the law, take mjy job, educates his kids not to mention gets health care and I am suppossed to like it. Note likely.

Obama has absolutely no legal to tell our law enforcement agencies which laws apply to which people.

If he wants to change our immigration laws then let him do it the only way allowed. Have a member of congress submit a bill and go through the process.

Obama has absolutely no legal to tell our law enforcement agencies which laws apply to which people.

If he wants to change our immigration laws then let him do it the only way allowed. Have a member of congress submit a bill and go through the process.

I hope they tell him to take a flying leap.

I hope the people do too

It's a prickly problem. You have a young adult who was raised here, and either has no memory of the homeland his or her parents brought him or her from, or has never even been to that country. He or she may not even speak any other language than English, with no trace of an accent.

We should deport these people?

I don't think so.

Can you imagine the trauma as a teenager upon being told you aren't even an American citizen?
"What do you mean I have to go back to Mexico?!?!"

We should offer a fast track naturalization to these kids. Make them taxpaying citizens.

As for the timing of Obama's move, it is patently obvious this was electioneering.

Same old left wing bull shit. They are Mexican and they never forget their are. Their parents cannot speak english and it is a fact the when they start school they cannot speak english because Spanish is spoken at home. Their parent keep the culture alive and the language alive.

They came here knowing less abou this country than they would going back to Mexico, the home of their parents with people that look, talk and eat like them. You cannot make a gang banger a tax payer.
Can you imagine the trauma of telling a Mexican he is not a Mexican. Of bring a young child here, a strang country, with strang speaking people and people who discriminate against them? Mexico is their home and where they would be most comfortable. be compassionate and send them home. Anchor babies may be American born but he will always be Mexican first.
I am native american that do not speak Chickasaw, never lived on a reservation and don't even know another Native American but I never for one second for get I am native american and people never let me forgot I am Indian. I was raised by a black famlily, married to a black man but I missed something by not being raised native american. I think as a black woman but never forget who I am and where I came from. That bull shit rhetoric to excuse children of illegal aliens are wrong, they never for get who they are. Those children are often ashamed of the non english speaking parents and their culture. SAD.

You probably don't have a clue what it did to Indian chidlren when they were taken from their homes, their hair cut, forbiden to speak their language, forced american names on them, took away their language and their culture. The effect is still felt hundreds of years later.

Native Foster Care: Lost Children, Shattered Families
Laura Sullivan and Amy Walters

http://www.npr.org/2011/10/25/141672992/native-foster-care-lost-children-shattered-families

Cultural assimilation of Native Americans

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_assimilation_of_Native_Americans

South Dakota Kidnaps Indian Children and Sticks Them in White Foster Homes
by: Meteor Blades
http://www.nativeamericannetroots.n...hildren-and-sticks-them-in-white-foster-homes

Reflection on Yakama and a Culture Unknown
http://adventuresinyakama.wordpress.com/2012/06/15/reflections-on-native-american-culture-22-2/

Not exactly the same thing but basically it is.
I hate to live to see the long term effect of forced Americanization of Mexican children will have on them.The effect can be seen now when the drop out of school and society and join gangs. How many Hispanics gangs are their in this country should tell you some thiing.
Trauma of telling a Mexican child he is not a Mexican?

Last edited:
Wow! What a terrible thing.

First we have to accept the so-called "anchor babies" who are born in this country and are, by virtue of the 14th amendment of our constitution, automatically citizens and now we also have to swallow that children brought into this country illegally will be given a 6 year window in order to be naturalized legally if they were here before the age of 16 and lived here for at least 5 years (with documentation), graduated a US high school, registered for the selective service (if male) and THEN either served 2 years in military service or went to college for at least 2 years AND PASSED without using any public funding, while at the same time not being convicted of a major crime before the age of 35.

What are you folks upset about? The fact that POTUS exercisized his constitutional power of executive privilege and considered the input of CBO and JCT who estimated that the measure would reduce deficits by about $1.4 billion over the 2011-2020 period and increase government revenues by $2.3 billion over the next 10 years, and didn't waste 10s of billions hunting these scofflaws down and deporting them ought to be considered a good thing, I would think.

Jeez - the hoops the people helped by this order will have to jump through just to be offered a CHANCE at legal citizenship ought to be applied to our own kids. Screw up - just once - and we'll send you to Mexico.

I hate to live to see the long term effect of forced Americanization of Mexican children will have on them.The effect can be seen now when the drop out of school and society and join gangs. How many Hispanics gangs are their in this country should tell you some thiing.
Trauma of telling a Mexican child he is not a Mexican?

So, how is that any different from the "forced Americanization" of any other ethnic group who have been granted citizenship status throughout our history? No one has ever said you can't be an American and have a heritage too.

I know of quite a few people who have had 2 or 3 generations worth of citizenship status under their belt and whose ONLY language is Portuguese. They go to Portuguese churches, attend Portuguese functions, and follow Portuguese morals and traditions. What I DON'T hear about is Portuguese gangs.

Damn.

No wonder Mitt Romney sounded like he swallowed his tongue when he was asked if he'd reverse it.

Immigration

he said exactly how I feel.

The policy is a sound one...the way it was implemented was against the oath of the President.

When he swore to uphold the law, he did not mean "except the laws that I bypass becuase I dont like them"

Well...maybe he did mean that....but that is not what the oath was designed for.
There have been over 13,000 executive orders issued over the years. Many of those orders either set aside or delayed enforcement of a law. For over a 150 years presidents have issued executive orders that violated the constitution as well as local and federal laws and usurped the power reserved for Congress.

Bush violated basic constitutional protections as well as U.S. obligations under international treaties with two executive orders. President Lincoln suspended the writ of Habeas Corpus allowing him to throw adversaries in jail without prosecution. Truman seized control of the American steel industry. Clinton took control of 14 rivers abridging the rights of property owners. The list is filled with such.

Executive Orders Disposition Tables Index

It's a prickly problem. You have a young adult who was raised here, and either has no memory of the homeland his or her parents brought him or her from, or has never even been to that country. He or she may not even speak any other language than English, with no trace of an accent.

I don't think so.

Can you imagine the trauma as a teenager upon being told you aren't even an American citizen?

We should offer a fast track naturalization to these kids. Make them taxpaying citizens.

As for the timing of Obama's move, it is patently obvious this was electioneering.

And what do you do with the parents that created the mess? Reward their lawless behavior as well?

Soooo: what's next? ALL illegal dirtbag job stealers get a free pass? or something worse like what Obama's father was into......anti colonialism where you work and give the g'ment 100% of your pay and in return g'ment takes care of you from cradle to grave?
I think he is inching up to that objective. Remember he met his dad 2 x that's it! Now Obama is such a daddywannabe it could happen.
I sure hope this was the wake up call we needed so we can vote the scum out of DC this year!

I don't think so.

And what do you do with the parents that created the mess? Reward their lawless behavior as well?
Well, you don't punish the children for what their parents did.

In reference to the parents, I think you have to take a pragmatic approach. It would be virtually impossible to to deport or jail 10 or 15 million people, because the vast majority of the public would not support it. The problem goes much further than just those that are illegal. You probably have 30 million legal immigrants and residents that are part of the families. So you are left with either the status quo or assimilating them into society. There is really no other option.

The real problem is that we have been inconsistent in enforcing our immigration laws for over 60 years. We have thrown open our boarders and welcomed the cheap Mexican labor then when we saw that it was a problem, we just let them stay. For many years the boarder patrol was understaffed; Mexican families would move back and forth across the boarder almost as easy as we cross state boarders today. Farmers would recruit illegal immigrants to harvest crops with the full knowledge of the local community and government. Then we had two amnesties that resulted in over million becoming legal. Now we say, get rid of them. My friend, it's way too lake for that. Undocumented immigrants have become part of the American landscape.

I don't think so.

Well, you don't punish the children for what their parents did.

In reference to the parents, I think you have to take a pragmatic approach. It would be virtually impossible to to deport or jail 10 or 15 million people, because the vast majority of the public would not support it. The problem goes much further than just those that are illegal. You probably have 30 million legal immigrants and residents that are part of the families. So you are left with either the status quo or assimilating them into society. There is really no other option.

The real problem is that we have been inconsistent in enforcing our immigration laws for over 60 years. We have thrown open our boarders and welcomed the cheap Mexican labor then when we saw that it was a problem, we just let them stay. For many years the boarder patrol was understaffed; Mexican families would move back and forth across the boarder almost as easy as we cross state boarders today. Farmers would recruit illegal immigrants to harvest crops with the full knowledge of the local community and government. Then we had two amnesties that resulted in over million becoming legal. Now we say, get rid of them. My friend, it's way too lake for that. Undocumented immigrants have become part of the American landscape.

Not to mention the cost of apprehending, processing, and transporting 10-15 million people. We can't afford enough border guards and technology to keep them out in the 1st place, where do we get the cash to round them up and send them back?

Amazing how out of touch the extreme right is on this isssue.

Obama Immigration Policy Favored 2-To-1 By Likely Voters

President Barack Obama is winning the opening round in the battle over immigration, according to a Bloomberg poll released today, putting Republicans on the defensive with his decision to end the deportations of some illegal immigrants brought to the U.S. as children,

Sixty-four percent of likely voters surveyed after Obama’s June 15 announcement said they agreed with the policy, while 30 percent said they disagreed. Independents backed the decision by better than a two-to-one margin.

President Barack Obama is winning the opening round in the battle over immigration, according to a Bloomberg poll released today, putting Republicans on the defensive with his decision to end the deportations of some illegal immigrants brought to the U.S. as children,

Sixty-four percent of likely voters surveyed after Obama’s June 15 announcement said they agreed with the policy, while 30 percent said they disagreed. Independents backed the decision by better than a two-to-one margin.

What about the fact that the president has no power to change the law don't you get?

it doesn't matter if people favor it or not. If he wants to change immigration laws then he has one and only one way to do it.

What about the fact that the president has no power to change the law don't you get?

it doesn't matter if people favor it or not. If he wants to change immigration laws then he has one and only one way to do it.
The president is not changing the law. He is changing the priorities of INS in regard to deportation which is well within his powers of office. The executive branch of government, be it federal, state, or local decides which laws will be enforced.

What libs intend for us to believe is that a child brought here by parents who came illegally are raised never hearing the language their parents spoke. Everyone comes from a fully English speaking family.

HAH!

Children brought here illegally never returned to their country of origin. Never met a single family member from the home country,

HAH!

Round them up and send them back.

What libs intend for us to believe is that a child brought here by parents who came illegally are raised never hearing the language their parents spoke. Everyone comes from a fully English speaking family.

HAH!

Children brought here illegally never returned to their country of origin. Never met a single family member from the home country,

HAH!

Round them up and send them back.
Right wing fantasies versus Left wing realities.

The president is not changing the law. He is changing the priorities of INS in regard to deportation which is well within his powers of office. The executive branch of government, be it federal, state, or local decides which laws will be enforced.

There is no INS.

There is no INS.
Sorry, Legacy INS.

Forum List

Back