Obama immigration shift a hit with voters, says new poll

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2011
sw mizzouri
President Barack Obama's high-profile shift on immigration last week—announcing plans to grant temporary legal status to as many as 800,000 undocumented people brought to American soil as children—has the overwhelming support of likely voters in a new Bloomberg poll released Tuesday.

Sixty-four percent of them—and 66 percent of independents, the frequently up-for-grabs voters thought to decide elections—support the president's decision. The White House has forcefully (and rather implausibly) denied that Obama sought political gain from his announcement. But as recently as March 2011, he had said publicly that he lacked the power to halt such deportations.

The Bloomberg survey found that just 30 percent of likely voters disagreed with the president's plan. Fifty-six percent of likely Republican voters opposed it, while 86 percent of Democrats supported it. Just 26 percent of independents sided with the Republican majority in the poll.

The results surely cheered Obama's re-election campaign, which has been working to reassemble the victorious coalition that powered his history-making 2008 win—but it faces an uphill fight in the face of deep pessimism about the economy.
Obama immigration shift a hit with voters, says new poll | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Oblama blackens repubs eye

Last edited:
It's a prickly problem. You have a young adult who was raised here, and either has no memory of the homeland his or her parents brought him or her from, or has never even been to that country. He or she may not even speak any other language than English, with no trace of an accent.

We should deport these people?

I don't think so.

Can you imagine the trauma as a teenager upon being told you aren't even an American citizen?

"What do you mean I have to go back to Mexico?!?!"

We should offer a fast track naturalization to these kids. Make them taxpaying citizens.

As for the timing of Obama's move, it is patently obvious this was electioneering.

yes, it was, the program is for only 2 years. I would have prefferred to see high penalties for the people that hire the illegals.

Obamas Aunt Zeituni Onyango and his Uncle Omar Obama are in the US Illeagaly, are they gonna send them back to Kenya?

As a Hispanic American I take offense to Obama's embrace of criminals, then again after Fast and Furious, where an American was murdered, this does not surprise me

President Barack Obama's high-profile shift on immigration last week—announcing plans to grant temporary legal status to as many as 800,000 undocumented people brought to American soil as children—has the overwhelming support of likely voters in a new Bloomberg poll released Tuesday.

Sixty-four percent of them—and 66 percent of independents, the frequently up-for-grabs voters thought to decide elections—support the president's decision. The White House has forcefully (and rather implausibly) denied that Obama sought political gain from his announcement. But as recently as March 2011, he had said publicly that he lacked the power to halt such deportations.

The Bloomberg survey found that just 30 percent of likely voters disagreed with the president's plan. Fifty-six percent of likely Republican voters opposed it, while 86 percent of Democrats supported it. Just 26 percent of independents sided with the Republican majority in the poll.

The results surely cheered Obama's re-election campaign, which has been working to reassemble the victorious coalition that powered his history-making 2008 win—but it faces an uphill fight in the face of deep pessimism about the economy.
Obama immigration shift a hit with voters, says new poll | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

6 Subtle Ways The News Media Disguises Bullshit As Fact | Cracked.com

I think your bullshit article meets all the criteria in my posted link...

Someone who was brought here as a child, or who was born here, is not a criminal.

Try again.

As a Hispanic American I take offense to Obama's embrace of criminals, then again after Fast and Furious, where an American was murdered, this does not surprise me

What a douchebag you are. You just called kids who had no real say in the matter, criminals.

Why don't you show the public law that fully financed deporting 10 million people?

So the govt knew that there are exactly 800, 000 illegal immigrants here brought as children or whatever they say, and didn't do anything about it? What about the illegals that that will come tomorrow and after? How will they be able to tell who is who? The immigration policy of both parties is just a huge joke.

Obamas Aunt Zeituni Onyango and his Uncle Omar Obama are in the US Illeagaly, are they gonna send them back to Kenya?

One could only wish.

They can live in that hut with his brother, whatshisname...

Someone who was brought here as a child, or who was born here, is not a criminal.

Try again.

elian.jpg

"Poll shows", "study says" "according to some people"

Those are all "Weasel Words."

I'm sure we can do a poll now and it will prove that moonglow is a troll, then I can write a post complete with "weasel words" that says "Poll Shows Moonglow Is a Troll."

Try again.

who is talking about the ones who were born here asswipe??

so if daddy robs a bank and gives his kid who through no fault of his own hit a bonanza we should let him keep his ill gotten gains??

Try again.

who is talking about the ones who were born here asswipe??

so if daddy robs a bank and gives his kid who through no fault of his own hit a bonanza we should let him keep his ill gotten gains??

Great illustration. The LAW is the LAW.

I'm glad for this, for all the progams and expenese our country has, you know the money for this would be for good purpose and looks good for America. ( Of course, TEA Party conservatives will only interpret it as "something positive for Obama" and viciously attack it.)

Forum List

Back