Obama: If you're "lucky enough"... To Be in the Upper 2% -video

Obama hates America and everything it stands for

Obama wears a flag pin which proves he loves America

and the fort hood killer ALSO wore the American Flag on his uniform.

Just saying'

Both RobMe and his corrupt sidekick, Robin, wear flags even though one is a draft dodger and the other a chickenhawk. I'll bet they wear flags every day they lie to us about their past, their tax returns, their plans to use the US tax payer as their own private petty cash. I'll bet they even wear flags when they send more Americans to their deaths with another R war.

But, I have to admit that its damn cute that they dress alike. (If you haven't noticed that, watch ... they do indeed dress alike when seen together. Weird.)

What is so offensive to conservatives to even mention the prospect that some of our wealthiest Americans got there with the slightest bit of help or luck?

Obama wears a flag pin which proves he loves America

and the fort hood killer ALSO wore the American Flag on his uniform.

Just saying'

Both RobMe and his corrupt sidekick, Robin, wear flags even though one is a draft dodger and the other a chickenhawk. I'll bet they wear flags every day they lie to us about their past, their tax returns, their plans to use the US tax payer as their own private petty cash. I'll bet they even wear flags when they send more Americans to their deaths with another R war.

But, I have to admit that its damn cute that they dress alike. (If you haven't noticed that, watch ... they do indeed dress alike when seen together. Weird.)

I brought the whole thing up because I find it humorous that since Conservatives raised the issue that Obama wasn't patriotic because he wasn't wearing a flag on his lapel, ALL candidates must start wearing one as soon as they start running

What is so offensive to conservatives to even mention the prospect that some of our wealthiest Americans got there with the slightest bit of help or luck?

so the lefties are willing to admit that obama got where he is with the help of affirmative action?

I admit that Obama got lucky

He was born a mixed race child at a time when much of America would have lynched his father for impregnating a white woman. He was lucky to be raised in Hawaii where a mixed race child is not ostracized as much. He was lucky to have an intellectual mother and grandparents who stepped up and gave him some stability

He was lucky that his personal star rose at a time when America was disgusted with the Republican Party and wanted a change in direction.

Everyone succeeds with a little luck

Why do liberals continually focus on those who got lucky or inherited wealth instead of those who were smarter and more industrious and earned their wealth? I've never seen any data that indicates how many fall into these 2 categories, but I'd be willing to bet that the majority are in the latter.

We're talking about the top 2%, right? Most of which are small business men or professional people such as doctors, lawyers, etc. Some, like Obama, had their way paid for them by the various scholarships, grants, loans, etc., which are available. Some got through school and started in business with the help of family. And some did it the hard way, on their own initiative and hard work. Do not belittle their success or denigrate it, they surely do not deserve that. I know there are those who won the lottery, or were born with a silver spoon. I also know there were/are many who weren't, they earned what they have and should not be penalized or demagogued for their success.

Why do liberals continually focus on those who got lucky or inherited wealth instead of those who were smarter and more industrious and earned their wealth? I've never seen any data that indicates how many fall into these 2 categories, but I'd be willing to bet that the majority are in the latter.

We're talking about the top 2%, right? Most of which are small business men or professional people such as doctors, lawyers, etc. Some, like Obama, had their way paid for them by the various scholarships, grants, loans, etc., which are available. Some got through school and started in business with the help of family. And some did it the hard way, on their own initiative and hard work. Do not belittle their success or denigrate it, they surely do not deserve that. I know there are those who won the lottery, or were born with a silver spoon. I also know there were/are many who weren't, they earned what they have and should not be penalized or demagogued for their success.

Where did President Obama ever denegrate hard work? Did you read his whole statement or just the part FoxNews wants you to hear?

Where did President Obama ever denegrate hard work? Did you read his whole statement or just the part FoxNews wants you to hear?

He denigrates success, does it in about every speech he makes albeit in a cleverly indirect manner. He's gotta know most or at least some of these people earned their way to the top, but he doesn't care how hard they worked to get where they are. He thinks there should be a ceiling for earnings, never says how much but he clearly thinks above a certain level the gov't should take everything a person makes, so that he can redistribute it to whoever he thinks deserves it.

I'll be honest; I no longer listen to or read anything he has to say. Heard it all before many times, he ain't going to change his philosophy.

Obama is wanting to raise taxes on everyone who earns over $250,000. That's a great deal of small business owners.

Small business owners were not given opportunities any different than the ones you were given. So they clearly put forth an extra effort to get where they are that cannot be attributed to "a little help" which is the same help you were given and is available to you.

Obama denigrates that extra effort. He wants to take from it, and he is using class warfare and a thieve's justification to accomplish it.

He has people like you believing that is YOUR money. As someone who volunteered in jails and prisons for over a decade, I am very familiar with that mentality.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back