Obama: If We Lose in 2012, Government Will Tell People ‘You’re on Your Own’

Carter was bad but at LEAST he tried to act Presidential..

Obama, DISGUSTING even as a PERSON.

Honestly, I've always kind of liked him as a person, just disagreed with almost every word he says... until he branded other Americans the 'enemy'. That, in my opinion, is absolutely intolerable for a President.

He wasn't talking about you, misled one- he was talking about the elitist greedy Pubs DOING the misleading and stealing and cheating...

So how did those self reliant Pub bankers and parasites do you 2001-2009?

Honestly, I've always kind of liked him as a person, just disagreed with almost every word he says... until he branded other Americans the 'enemy'. That, in my opinion, is absolutely intolerable for a President.

Did you like his brother Billy too?

I was only a baby then but I read in a book he went to Libya in some bizarre scheme to broker some sort of an oil deal between Gaddafi and the US, he also had his own beer called "Billy Beer," not to mention used to talk shit on TV and owned a gas station like any good redneck would.

Then democrats call Palin "white trash?"

Both Clinton and Carter came from white trash shit - then you got Obama with his aunt living in the projects, his mother in-law living in the White House and his other 8 brothers and sisters running around in all different countries committing criminal acts..

I agree. Personally I have no animosity for the the guy. Hell I'd probably sit down with him and have a beer.

His policies are what I object to. Policies that just ain't workin. He's been in office for 3 years and the country is worse off then when he was elected.

I do NOT like the guy. I would not sit down and have a beer with him, or even a latte!

I agree. Personally I have no animosity for the the guy. Hell I'd probably sit down with him and have a beer.

His policies are what I object to. Policies that just ain't workin. He's been in office for 3 years and the country is worse off then when he was elected.

I oppose most of his domestic policies...

But that is not what I dont like about him. He won the majority and has the right to implement the policies of his choice.

What I dont like about him is his refusal to accept responsibility for when he fails...his constant spin of what the GOP's intentions are.....his refusal to enter into a fair and genuine debate.

That is why I dont like the man.

Obama: If We Lose in 2012, Government Will Tell People ‘You’re on Your Own’
ABC News ^ | Oct. 25, 2011
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...overnment-will-tell-people-youre-on-your-own/

At a million-dollar San Francisco fundraiser today, President Obama warned his recession-battered supporters that if he loses the 2012 election it could herald a new, painful era of self-reliance in America.

“The one thing that we absolutely know for sure is that if we don’t work even harder than we did in 2008, then we’re going to have a government that tells the American people, ‘you are on your own,’” Obama told a crowd of 200 donors over lunch at the W Hotel.

“If you get sick, you’re on your own. If you can’t afford college, you’re on your own. If you don’t like that some corporation is polluting your air or the air that your child breathes, then you’re on your own,” he said. “That’s not the America I believe in. It’s not the America you believe in.”

Obama and Democrats have been emphasizing what they see as the costly consequences of the Republicans’ agenda in an effort to stir up support, in part by touching on emotional nerves.

Last week, Obama supporters pounced on comments by Republican presidential frontrunner Mitt Romney that the solution to the nation’s housing crisis is “don’t try and stop the foreclosure process. Let it run its course and hit the bottom.”

Today, Obama cast Republicans’ hands-off approach as harmful to middle class families, who he says deserve government help.

“I reject an argument that says we’ve got to roll back protections that ban hidden fees by credit card companies, or rules that keep our kids from being exposed to mercury, or laws that prevent the health insurance industry from exploiting people who are sick,” Obama said. “And I reject the idea that somehow if we strip away collective bargaining rights, that we’ll be somehow better off.

(Excerpt) Read more at abcnews.go.com ...

Which is good, because that's how it should be anyways.

I've never seen anything likable about him... he comes off as an insufferable, narcissistic bore with Saran Wrap skin.

Last edited:

BS- nothing but success in foreign affairs, where he can actually do what he wants. Domestically, stabalized the economy, saved the auto industry, reformed Wall St, has been blocked on EVERYTHING since 2/4/2010. The Pubs own this crappe ever since, and now he's going to make them pay. Change the channel, dupe....

Those damn fear-mongering Republicans!

It's interesting, though, that Democrats view self-reliance as something to be feared. And by "interesting", I mean "damned pathetic".

You wanna live in a society without policemen, firemen, teachers, and other civil servants, go for it.

Me..I like my society, civilized. :eusa_whistle:

Fear monger much? When Bammie speaks of such civil servants, he really does not care about the individual servant, only the union dues being paid by that worker that goes to his coffers at election time. Open your eyes, it's time to starve the beast.

Last edited:

I've never seen anything likable about him... he comes off as an insufferable, narcissistic bore with Saran Wrap skin.

Translation: "Can't handle a black president, full of Fox/Rush psychobabble..."

Other observable attributes of echo chamber members include a deep seated pathologic anger, a lack of introspection and dishonesty. Sad.

What's sad is you just described the democrats last 5 years in office, and refuse to acknowledge such.

If you mean in control of congress- it was FIVE MONTHS- 7/7/2010-2/4/2010, misled one. CHANGE THE CHANNEL!

He wasn't talking about you, misled one- he was talking about the elitist greedy Pubs DOING the misleading and stealing and cheating...

You say this as though the Democrats weren't doing the exact same thing. At least the Republican party has been working at cleaning out the cess pool the last few elections, the Democrats seem quite content at re-electing the same criminals into office time and again and then bitching about the GOP for doing the exact shit that their own representatives are doing.

I wouldn't piss on him if he where on fire.

You say this as though the Democrats weren't doing the exact same thing. At least the Republican party has been working at cleaning out the cess pool the last few elections, the Democrats seem quite content at re-electing the same criminals into office time and again and then bitching about the GOP for doing the exact shit that their own representatives are doing.

There ARE four or five Blue Dog Dems who go along- but pubs are LOCKSTEP bought off corporate/Wall St. tools...FACT

A smart candidate will respond with

"self reliance and personal responsibility is a proven key to success and I would like to thank the President for admitting that Government has been holding you back over the last 3 years"

Yeah, the issue with that is there is only 1 candidate that talks like that near every time they talk... I hear Paul has no chance tho.... Something tells me Mitt will say it if he thinks it can win him votes, he just has no understanding of what it means.

I wouldn't piss on him if he where on fire.

Translation: "Can't handle a black OR Dem President- negative Pub Propaganda brainwash- change the channel. Hoping for your recovery...come back to the force...

BS- nothing but success in foreign affairs,where he can actually do what he wants.
Blowing people up with cruise missiles does not constitute success in foreign affairs. Other than that he embarrassed our country multiple times bowing to foreign leaders, and then insulted the Queen of england and england in general by sending the bust back and giving the queen an ipod with his own speeches on it, he's an asshole.
Domestically, stabalized the economy,
Of course you are going off of the double talk lie that the democrats are using by saying that if he had not spent 3 trillion in 3 years things would be worse, that's BS and everyone but his most loyal followers knows better, he has made things worse since taking office.
saved the auto industry,
Took over private industry like the good marxist that he is you mean, he interfered with the free market so that he could power grab at industry, now the taxpayer will subsidized welfare recipients buying new cars, just like they did with housing through fannie mae and freddie mac.
reformed Wall St,
HAHAHAHA!!!!! I'm sure his buddies at Wall Street might agree with you on that one, but only to cover there man in the white house.
has been blocked on EVERYTHING since 2/4/2010. The Pubs own this crappe ever since, and now he's going to make them pay. Change the channel, dupe....
And rightfully so, his policies up until 2010 have done nothing but destroy the economy and cost millions of jobs. Like Obama said in 2008, elections have consequences, little did he know that he would have to eat his very own words in 2010, you're right berry, they do have consequences, and your policies are what cost your party a record number of seats in 2010. Now suck on it, there is more to come in 2012.

Translation: "Can't handle a black president, full of Fox/Rush psychobabble..."

Translation: "It is now time to use the race card, we are losing this argument".

Forum List

Back