Obama: I won't walk away from promise of clean energy

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
cbs ^ | 3/21/2012 | Lucy Madison
Kicking off two-day tour touting his energy policies, President Obama on Wednesday reiterated his commitment to expanding America's renewable energy sources, telling a crowd in Boulder City, Nevada that "as long as I'm president, I will not walk away from the promise of clean energy."

Mr. Obama, speaking at the Copper Mountain Solar 1 Facility in Boulder City, highlighted his administration's efforts to reduce energy on foreign oil. He also blasted his Republican rivals for approaching energy with a mentality that he cast as old-fashioned and anti-innovation.

"If some politicians had their way, there won't be any more public investments in solar energy. There won't be as many new jobs or new businesses," said Mr. Obama. "Some of these folks dismiss the promise of solar power and wind power and fuel-efficient cars. In fact, they make jokes about it. One member of Congress who shall remain unnamed called these jobs 'phony.' Called them phony jobs."

(Excerpt) Read more at cbsnews.com ...
Obama: I won't walk away from promise of clean energy - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Mr. President, no one really has a problem with clean energy (as long as you're not flushing billions of taxpayer dollars down the toilet to benefit Dem Party donors), but it's insanely short-sighted to penalize the production and use of fossil fuels until their replacements are viable, economical, and scalable.

cbs ^ | 3/21/2012 | Lucy Madison
Kicking off two-day tour touting his energy policies, President Obama on Wednesday reiterated his commitment to expanding America's renewable energy sources, telling a crowd in Boulder City, Nevada that "as long as I'm president, I will not walk away from the promise of clean energy."

Mr. Obama, speaking at the Copper Mountain Solar 1 Facility in Boulder City, highlighted his administration's efforts to reduce energy on foreign oil. He also blasted his Republican rivals for approaching energy with a mentality that he cast as old-fashioned and anti-innovation.

"If some politicians had their way, there won't be any more public investments in solar energy. There won't be as many new jobs or new businesses," said Mr. Obama. "Some of these folks dismiss the promise of solar power and wind power and fuel-efficient cars. In fact, they make jokes about it. One member of Congress who shall remain unnamed called these jobs 'phony.' Called them phony jobs."

(Excerpt) Read more at cbsnews.com ...
Obama: I won't walk away from promise of clean energy - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

unless its politically expedient....

Mr. President, no one really has a problem with clean energy (as long as you're not flushing billions of taxpayer dollars down the toilet to benefit Dem Party donors), but it's insanely short-sighted to penalize the production and use of fossil fuels until their replacements are viable, economical, and scalable.

Clean energy already is viable economical and scalable

Forum List

Back