Obama: I will gladly work with Republicans if they do what I want.

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Obama: I

More obstruction and this time openly. And the left defends this crap. Reid refuses to send to committee how many bills from the House? And the press plays along and says Republicans are the problem. Obama openly says if you do what I want I will work with you and this is compromise?

I will gladly cut spending after I am out of office and future Congresses can ignore it, if you will raise taxes today, over and above the tax hikes that are already on the books thanks to the ACA. Yep, the Big O is more than willing to cooperate.

The fucking republicans got years of Obama bending over backwards for them as compromise. We don't need any more of that shit. That is, unless the compromise is fucking reasonable.

Bob Woodward's new book shows that Obama kept moving the goal posts on the Grand Deal and got pissed when he was told No Deal.

I am so looking forward to an inside look at what a loser our future loser is.

The fucking republicans got years of Obama bending over backwards for them as compromise. We don't need any more of that shit. That is, unless the compromise is fucking reasonable.

Drunk ?

You're gonna get it. The House stays GOP. The senate goes GOP (and it goes a lot harder to the right.....Lugar is out.....Cruz, from Texas is in).

Obama gets re-elected...no worries....he's not going to do jack for four years and you only have yourselves to blame.

ou

you sound a bit bitter. Always tuf putting a milker on a freshening heifer ain't it.

More obstruction and this time openly. And the left defends this crap. Reid refuses to send to committee how many bills from the House? And the press plays along and says Republicans are the problem. Obama openly says if you do what I want I will work with you and this is compromise?

Sorry, but it's the other way. Republicans will work with Obama if he agrees to cut all the spending they ask for and he does not raise taxes on anyone other than the lowest income earners.

Sorry, but it's the other way. Republicans will work with Obama if he agrees to cut all the spending they ask for and he does not raise taxes on anyone other than the lowest income earners.

So, it is really going both ways.

The left always whines about the GOP calling them obstructionists.

When, in reality, both sides are pretty much unwilling to compromise.

Glad we got that cleared up.

I'd work with Obama, even if it wasnt for what I wanted, if he was proposing good policies and not policies that will destroy us.

Right... Obama doesnt compromise on jack.

So, it is really going both ways.

The left always whines about the GOP calling them obstructionists.

When, in reality, both sides are pretty much unwilling to compromise.

Glad we got that cleared up.

Oh, there is definitely plenty of blame to go around in both parties. But honestly, the Republicans really have had it in for Obama from day one, and they made that very clear. There was no reason at all to push the debt ceiling debate to the cliff like the Republicans did.

We are in a situation where federal revenues are at their lowest in over 60 years, and that is because tax rates are at their lowest in over 60 years, yet Republicans refuse to raise taxes on anything or anyone, and on top of it, they want even more tax cuts. It's absolutely incredible. Go take a look at tax revenue during Reagan's first term when unemployment was over 10%. Even with unemployment being over 10%, federal revenues were over 19% of GDP. The last few years federal revenues have been around 15% of GDP. That is a massive loss in revenue but Republicans deny this is a problem.

I can agree that spending is a problem, specifically long term spending on SS and Medicare. Personally, I think the retirement age should be raised and that would pretty much take care of the problem. Why is it that Republicans can't see that our shortfall in revenue is a major problem? Are all of you so ideologically brainwashed that you believe stupid things like cutting the tax rate forever will continually lead to greater revenues, even when we absolutely know this is not true if the beginning rates are already too low? Or is it just about personal greed?

You've already lost this one. When Mitch McConnel and John Boehnor declared publically that their primary mission would be to ensure that the president would not be re-elected the cat was out of the bag. All the phuck the Republican party has done for the last two years is to openly oppose anything the Democrats wanted....even some things they were on record as wanting themselves.

Last edited:
Let's see...Every single GOP candidate stood on stage and said that if they were offered 10 spending cuts for every 1 increase, they would oppose it.

Tell us again the fairy tale about how it's the President doing all the obstructing.

And when it comes to compromise, which party is the most unyielding?

Tea Party supporters were the most fervently opposed to compromise of any of the groups examined by Gallup. Forty-five percent of tea party supporters said that it is more important for political groups to stick to their beliefs, even if little gets done, while 31 percent responded in favor compromise.

Poll: Americans Want Compromise

I'd work with Obama, even if it wasnt for what I wanted, if he was proposing good policies and not policies that will destroy us.

Please explain in detail how allowing the top marginal tax rate to increase back to Clinton levels will "destroy us".

Please explain in detail how allowing the top marginal tax rate to increase back to Clinton levels will "destroy us".

As has already been explained 100 times.

It won't. Not cutting spending will.

Raising that tax rate won't hardly dent our current debt.

I've always said.....One dollar of tax revenue for four dollars of immediate cuts. Not this "Grand Bargain" crap where the cuts are five years out.

If Obama had cut spending, we might have had some opportunites.

Let's see...Every single GOP candidate stood on stage and said that if they were offered 10 spending cuts for every 1 increase, they would oppose it.

Tell us again the fairy tale about how it's the President doing all the obstructing.

And when it comes to compromise, which party is the most unyielding?

Tea Party supporters were the most fervently opposed to compromise of any of the groups examined by Gallup. Forty-five percent of tea party supporters said that it is more important for political groups to stick to their beliefs, even if little gets done, while 31 percent responded in favor compromise.

Poll: Americans Want Compromise

Good for the Tea Party.

When dip shit, be specific..............

Forum List

Back