Obama: I Ran So I Could Have 'Men With Guns' Around My Daughters

Doc91678

Rookie
Nov 13, 2012
Binghamton
December 27, 2012
By Joel B. Pollak

President Barack Obama told ABC News' Barbara Walters that he ran for re-election because he wanted "men with guns" around as his daughters, Malia (14) and Sasha (11), begin dating boys.

The interview was the first that the President and First Lady have given since Obama's re-election in November. It aired on Nightline on December 26.

In its published highlights, ABC News has drawn attention to the Obamas' comments about keeping the romance alive in their marriage, yet those remarks were followed by this exchange:

(VIDEO AT LINK)

Walters: I want to talk about the girls. we have been watching them grow up from little girls to young ladies. now, Malia recently got her first cell phone. do you want to see who she calls and who she texts?

Michelle Obama: I give my daughter at this age -- I give her a long rope. and there is monitoring because we have rules. But monitoring may be -- you never know when I'm going to walk in your room and i'm going to definitely ask you, who are you talking to and are you talking about school work? But...

Barack Obama: And they're not very good at lying. We joke sometimes about how Malia's getting to the age now, and boys start calling and, you know, sort of, I always talk about how one of the main incentives for running again was continuing Secret Service protection to have men with guns around at all times...

(Excerpt)

Read more at

"The interview was apparently conducted prior to the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut."

Interesting.

@ the OP: you do understand what "humor" is, right?

Fifty-seven states? Does this ring a bell?

Considering that many of the males of the ultra right and libertarians are the scum variety type of guys, BHO's comments are completely understandable.

Gee.....a lil' Father-humor.

Whatta travesty.

eusa_doh.gif

Forum List

Back