Obama - I don't want my daughters "punished with a baby"

I suspect it (a person's feeling of trust in a candidate or familiarity with their general ideology or just simply "liking them") boils down a to a few things like whether they speak in a familiar way, and you're right - Obama may be as bad at Obamisms as Bush has been at Bushisms.

They've all said stupid things - Hillary had the bobby kennedy comment, McCain the seven houses thing, Palin has a new stupid thing most days.

I noticed McCain would say things like Amurcan and nucular on the campaign trail - he didn't used to say stuff like that and I wonder if he picked it up to appeal to a different slice of the electorate. Obama does it to, sounding more educated on some occasions, and more (dare I say it) black on others.

There's a hell of a lot of 'nonissues' in campaigning, but we can try.

agreed--slips of the tongue are sometimes just slips of the tongue.
If we are going to be that hypercritical, no one has a chance.

It was a dumb thing for him to say.

I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it to mean babies are punishment. Obviously, he's got two of his own.

Well, it wasn't smart from a political perspective, but it was straightforward. I think he was addressing the type of thing that I always say which is, although there are some who walk it as they talk it, many on the right aren't pro life or they'd give services to the single moms who struggle or assist with adoption services or at least daycare so mom can work or go to school. Rather, they want the harlots "punished"... That's why all the talk about "responsibility" when the males who got them that way aren't held to the same standard.

And if they were really pro life, they'd be concerned about existing life and not potential life. Instead, many are just pro birth.

So I figure given that I'm not a seer, that it's not difficult to understand that's how it works. And that's what Obama was referring to. Hence, a young woman who makes a mistake shouldn't be "punished" for her sins. Whether or not she has the child, at least in the early months, should be the sole province of the woman.

But let's focus on this instead of the fact that there's a woman who wants to get into the white house who thinks the planet is supposed to end in holy fire and then wants to make the world go BOOM by starting a war with Russia.

Well, it wasn't smart from a political perspective, but it was straightforward. I think he was addressing the type of thing that I always say which is, although there are some who walk it as they talk it, many on the right aren't pro life or they'd give services to the single moms who struggle or assist with adoption services or at least daycare so mom can work or go to school. Rather, they want the harlots "punished"... That's why all the talk about "responsibility" when the males who got them that way aren't held to the same standard.

And if they were really pro life, they'd be concerned about existing life and not potential life. Instead, many are just pro birth.

So I figure given that I'm not a seer, that it's not difficult to understand that's how it works. And that's what Obama was referring to. Hence, a young woman who makes a mistake shouldn't be "punished" for her sins. Whether or not she has the child, at least in the early months, should be the sole province of the woman.

But let's focus on this instead of the fact that there's a woman who wants to get into the white house who thinks the planet is supposed to end in holy fire and then wants to make the world go BOOM by starting a war with Russia.

That's why all the talk about "responsibility" when the males who got them that way aren't held to the same standard.

sorry but men pay out the ass-----you ended up with a vagina---there's nothing I can do about that--sorry you dont like it .

sorry but men pay out the ass-----you ended up with a vagina---there's nothing I can do about that--sorry you dont like it .
Except for those women that give birth to a child and pay child support. Rare, probably, but they exist.

Child support is based on need, quit pretending it isn't.

That said, I think you fragile creatures deserve an out, I'm just not sure how it would be implemented.

And honestly, the only ones crying here are men and Babble.

And why do you always avoid my questions, wuss?

Except for those women that give birth to a child and pay child support. Rare, probably, but they exist.

Child support is based on need, quit pretending it isn't.

That said, I think you fragile creatures deserve an out, I'm just not sure how it would be implemented.

And honestly, the only ones crying here are men and Babble.

And why do you always avoid my questions, wuss?

I didn't know you had asked me one----red flag it or something.

given what i've read of yours, perhaps there's a reason you had to pay for it.

I'm not talking about myself----Im' defending the poor men in the world who can't speak for themselves because they've been so pussy whipped for years.

:rofl::rofl: I can't even say that with a straight face but it sounded good

Rather, they want the harlots "punished"...

Punished... HA!

Yeah, some woman sitting on her ass, stuffing her face with boxes of Russell Stover, and ordering crap off of QVC while her MEAL TICKET works his ass off to support her fat ass and the future snot-nosed brat she's carrying in her womb is punishment alright... For the guy!

Last edited:
Punished... HA!

Yeah, some woman sitting on her ass, stuffing her face with boxes of Russell Stover, and ordering crap off of QVC while her MEAL TICKET works his ass of to support her fat ass and future snot-nosed brat is punishment alright... For the guy!

You might want to consider the person you're talking to ... no one's ever paid for anything for me that I didn't earn. And I worked until 3 days past my due date and went back to work 5 weeks after a C-Section because I wouldn't have had a practice if I didn't. I did those things BY CHOICE... and I had EVERY right to decide I didn't want to do those things if I chose not to assuming I chose early enough.

You might want to consider the person you're talking to ... no one's ever paid for anything for me that I didn't earn. And I worked until 3 days past my due date and went back to work 5 weeks after a C-Section because I wouldn't have had a practice if I didn't. I did those things BY CHOICE... and I had EVERY right to decide I didn't want to do those things if I chose not to assuming I chose early enough.

:clap2:

Did you have a talk with you husband about aborting or was it a pretty clear cut deal ?

I didn't abort so I don't understand your question.

Think it through.

Given the shrillness of your response (BTW "shrill" isn't sexist anymore - at least that's what your liberal buddies told us after Palin SmearFest '08 - which was a huge backfire :badgrin:) one would have thought my post was meant to apply to you personally. Clearly the only way it would is if you'd ever considered aborting. I can tell how much you love your son from what you've posted about him - he really sounds like a cool little guy - so I REALLY doubt this is the case.

Hence, post not applicable to Jillian and shrill response unwarranted :)

Last edited:
Think it through.

Given the shrillness of your response (BTW "shrill" isn't sexist anymore - at least that's what your liberal buddies told us after Palin SmearFest '08 - which was a huge backfire :badgrin:) one would have thought I was attacking you personally. Clearly the only way it would is if you'd ever considered aborting. I can tell how much you love your son from what you've posted about him - he really sounds like a cool little guy - so I REALLY doubt this is the case.

Hence, post not applicable to Jillian and shrill response unwarranted :)

heh... ok... you got me. :tongue:

but to be fair, stuff like that gores my ox because the reason my son's a cool little guy is because I chose to have him... chose when, chose the circumstances, had a marriage, a co-op, the financial, emotional and familial resources to care for him.

But nobody TOLD me what to do and I wouldn't have had to beg a judge for an abortion based on medical necessity should that have been the case. And I believe in amnios for a reason.

But each of us has to make those determinations for ourselves was my point, even if "shrilly" stated.

But I still love ya, brat!

heh... ok... you got me. :tongue:

but to be fair, stuff like that gores my ox because the reason my son's a cool little guy is because I chose to have him... chose when, chose the circumstances, had a marriage, a co-op, the financial, emotional and familial resources to care for him.

But nobody TOLD me what to do and I wouldn't have had to beg a judge for an abortion based on medical necessity should that have been the case. And I believe in amnios for a reason.

But each of us has to make those determinations for ourselves was my point, even if "shrilly" stated.

But I still love ya, brat!

Your Husband!-------Did you discuss this with your husband ?

Your Husband!-------Did you discuss this with your husband ?

Nothing to discuss... my son was planned. Wasn't an issue. Had it been an issue we would have discussed it without government legislating that we HAD to discuss it. I was also married and we had a real relationship.

But that was MY circumstances and government needs to stay out of the decision.

Forum List

Back