Obama - I don't want my daughters "punished with a baby"

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbZJYWjkAPo]YouTube - Obama - I don't want my daughters "punished with a baby"[/ame]

WOW... what a POS...

is this the next lipstick comment?

if you're to fucking stupid to get what he's saying then that's your problem.

but here allow me to spell it out for you

he's saying give them education and knowledge to practice safe sex so they don't get PREGNANT and aren't forced to make a decision whether to have a baby or not have a baby.

and yes, not giving them the tools to make an informed decision and then trying to force them to have a child because they make a mistake IS punishing them with a baby.

It's the whole take responsibility argument the cons are always spouting.

he's saying give them education and knowledge to practice safe sex so they don't get PREGNANT and aren't forced to make a decision whether to have a baby or not have a baby.

and yes, not giving them the tools to make an informed decision and then trying to force them to have a child because they make a mistake IS punishing them with a baby...

Actually this is pretty much our interpretation of what he said.

We just don't see babies as punishment regardless if their conception was planned or not (but in your case we'll make an exception).

We just don't see babies as punishment regardless if their conception was planned or not (but in your case we'll make an exception).

Way to twist the argument. Anyone with half a brain gets it though. A woman having a baby at 17 means that she is going to sacrifice so much of life that would normally be available to her in the time between graduation from high school and eventually marrying, settling down and having a family. That's what Obama meant but his words are deliberately twisted by the propagandists.

again you're making something out of nothing because you can't debate the issues.

Have you never heard a parent say "you're my punishment for giving my paretns a hard time"? I've said it myself.

and to a young girl, who isn't ready emotionally, financially or physically to have a child...a baby CAN feel like a punishment.

why do you ignore that he included STDs in that statement and only focus on the baby part? to an immature person a baby IS a punishment for messing up and making a bad decision because they either live with the decision to terminate or they have the baby and raise it, struggling as a teen parent or the have it and give it up for adoption and wonder whether the baby is healthy and happy.

see...all three choices are torture for smeone too young to be in that situation.

again you're making something out of nothing because you can't debate the issues.

Have you never heard a parent say "you're my punishment for giving my paretns a hard time"? I've said it myself.

and to a young girl, who isn't ready emotionally, financially or physically to have a child...a baby CAN feel like a punishment.

why do you ignore that he included STDs in that statement and only focus on the baby part? to an immature person a baby IS a punishment for messing up and making a bad decision because they either live with the decision to terminate or they have the baby and raise it, struggling as a teen parent or the have it and give it up for adoption and wonder whether the baby is healthy and happy.

see...all three choices are torture for smeone too young to be in that situation.
You know, if a fundie were to call STD's "a punishment" y'all would be spitting blood out of sheer rage.

In fact, y'all did go apeshit when a select few evangelicals called AIDS a punishment.

It's a good thing for Obama he isn't a Christian.

Still, babies aren't punishment. They're hard work--and I suppose to liberals THAT could be construed as punishment.

All this shows is that once again Little O's supporters have to cover for him because while he might be clean he's not nearly as articulate as his lesser choice of VP makes him out to be.

It was a dumb thing for him to say.

I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it to mean babies are punishment. Obviously, he's got two of his own.

Way to twist the argument. Anyone with half a brain gets it though. A woman having a baby at 17 means that she is going to sacrifice so much of life that would normally be available to her in the time between graduation from high school and eventually marrying, settling down and having a family. That's what Obama meant but his words are deliberately twisted by the propagandists.
And what makes you think a baby at 27 doesn't require sacrifice.

Alas, Mr. Articulate, ain't. There is a tremendous gulf between the words "punish" and "sacrifice". We punish bad things, we sacrifice for good things. No one could ever sacrifice for a bad thing.

I love it when Obama says stupid things, which show us what he really thinks...and die-hard libs, who know mainstream America is appalled, fall over backwards to translate.

He meant what he said, dillholes.

And what makes you think a baby at 27 doesn't require sacrifice.

Alas, Mr. Articulate, ain't. There is a tremendous gulf between the words "punish" and "sacrifice". We punish bad things, we sacrifice for good things. No one could ever sacrifice for a bad thing.

The abortion argument for lefties is about them trying to march those poor, stupid girls into the ovens...er, I mean abortion clinics....to get rid of the "criminals" they carry, don't you know?

You know, if a fundie were to call STD's "a punishment" y'all would be spitting blood out of sheer rage.

In fact, y'all did go apeshit when a select few evangelicals called AIDS a punishment.

Still, babies aren't punishment. They're hard work--and I suppose to liberals THAT could be construed as punishment.

All this shows is that once again Little O's supporters have to cover for him because while he might be clean he's not nearly as articulate as his lesser choice of VP makes him out to be.

Since you are complaining about Obama supporters I take it you mean me also.

You're barking up the wrong tree with your "Little O's supporters" comment. I never said anything about it being a punishment. I implied it would be a burden for a young girl to have a baby because of the stupidity of a parent who chose not educate their kids about sex or sexually transmitted diseases, which is what Obama seemed to be saying.

I'm not covering for anyone. I'm pointing out the obvious, which is all Obama was doing in the clip.

Are he and his wife too incompetent to do that ??

I'm beginning to think that sex ed is for everyone else child. " I don't want YOUR kid to get MY kid pregnant or give her/him STDs ".

are you seriously so fucking retarded that you don't see the difference between a right winger saying AIDS is GOD's punishment on gays and someone saying he doesn't want his children punished with an STD because he's kept them ignorant?

WOW... just with I think a con can't be more dense one comes out and surprises me.

dillo, I'm not sure why I expect anything different from you because you're as big an idiot as the rest of them

Do you refuse to acknowledge what he actually said? seriously?

does that make the fact that this country is swirling around like a turd in a toliet bowl any easier to take? it must if this is all you've got to argue with.

Let's face facts... most parents aren't to bright about sex education since they probably grew up in an era when it wasn't readily available. Most aren't up to date on the latest stats on teen pregnancy and rising STDs among teens either. Do you not think it's WISE to put PROFESSIONAL HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS in a position to teach the children of our country the FACTS and give them to tools to put those facts to good use....as in protecting themselves.

A baby is the least of the problem at this point. People are DYING from having unprotected sex. GET A FUCKING CLUE ALREADY!

Last edited:
are you seriously so fucking retarded that you don't see the difference between a right winger saying AIDS is GOD's punishment on gays and someone saying he doesn't want his children punished with an STD because he's kept them ignorant?

WOW... just with I think a con can't be more dense one comes out and surprises me.

Do you not see how ignorant a man is who thinks someone else should teach HIS kid sex ed ?

Forum List

Back