Obama - Hope this guy is for real...

He is lowering the income tax for 95% of the people, but raising it for the rich and closing corporate loopholes like subsidies for the oil companies.

those "corporate loopholes" you refer to are all "corporations" not just oil companies.

i'm sure you knew that though, just wanted to make sure.

What's going to stop the corporations from passing on the increase in taxes to the consumers?

What's going to stop the corporations from passing on the increase in taxes to the consumers?

That's exactly what they will do. Same with raising of the minimum wage. They don't 'eat' the cost, they pass it on to all of us in higher prices. Indirectly taxing us.

So Obama is claiming that he will pay for all of his programs by taxing evil corporations...which will in turn, pass the increase onto us...which will leave us with less money...how is this a successful plan?

So Obama is claiming that he will pay for all of his programs by taxing evil corporations...which will in turn, pass the increase onto us...which will leave us with less money...how is this a successful plan?

The rich will be taxed more. The middle class will be taxed less. We will save $200 billion dollars a year by getting out of Iraq. We will be better off by creating jobs in the clean energy field. It's what we should have been doing the last eight years. Time to turn this thing around.

He said that would pay for a part of it that way. He said that he would go thorough the current goverment agencies and eliminate those that don't work and streamline those that do to make them more efficient. That is a unique idea make government efficient.

Kirk Wrote:
The rich will be taxed more. The middle class will be taxed less. We will save $200 billion dollars a year by getting out of Iraq. We will be better off by creating jobs in the clean energy field. It's what we should have been doing the last eight years. Time to turn this thing around.

That $200 billion isn't money that should be recycled back into gov't spending, however...that was money being spent for the war, nothing else.

I liked that he mentioned the new jobs that clean energy would create - an idea I can support, although I'm not quite sure I like the idea of government having anything to do with its creation.

Inferno Wrote:
He said that would pay for a part of it that way. He said that he would go thorough the current goverment agencies and eliminate those that don't work and streamline those that do to make them more efficient. That is a unique idea make government efficient.

I loved that he stated he would go through current programs, cutting and improving as needed. Frankly, I just don't believe him. Didn't Reagan try this as well? I suppose I'm the voter Obama is talking about - I'm a cynic. I don't see government getting smaller and more streamlined without something a hell of a lot more drastic than Obama saying he'll do it. Government programs rarely, if ever, go away. If he is elected, I worry that in order to look impressive and successful Obama is going to create new programs first - and "get to that cutting and streamlining thing" as soon as he can - meaning never - leaving us with an even more bloated government.

GEM: I loved that he stated he would go through current programs, cutting and improving as needed. Frankly, I just don't believe him. Didn't Reagan try this as well? I suppose I'm the voter Obama is talking about - I'm a cynic. I don't see government getting smaller and more streamlined without something a hell of a lot more drastic than Obama saying he'll do it. Government programs rarely, if ever, go away. If he is elected, I worry that in order to look impressive and successful Obama is going to create new programs first - and "get to that cutting and streamlining thing" as soon as he can - meaning never - leaving us with an even more bloated government.

Reagan was looking for a line item veto in the budget. I think Obama was talking more about ending programs that did not fuction. His was more directed at the ineffeciency than Reagans. Reagan was looking at the spending side.

i'll agree.

who is going to pay for all his new policies and plans if he becomes president? since we are in debt, and he is lowering the income tax.

The same folks as the ones who are paying for the tax cuts and and policies of the last administration.

Us. We, The People. We'll put it on our credit card as we have been for the last 8 years and bet the farm on the new jobs Obama thinks he can create.

Either way, we bet the farm...

-Joe

The Democratic leaders are responsible onlt for the last two years.

They are certainly responsible for participating in the roman orgy of money and fear that has been the politics of this country since the corporate lobbyist became the main voice in Washington. Even the Clintons participated... that's what cost Hillary the nomination.

We, The People want change. We're ready.

-Joe

The difference between paying corporate profits and taxes is that I have choices when it comes to which corporations to pay.

-Joe

you bought into his well delivered, well written, yet substance-less speech?

I'm reading the trancripts.

Substance-less? I guess you'll have to explain what kind of substance you expect in a speech of this nature.

i sure know i didn't, when he wasn't talking about bush or mccain, and he actually talked about his own policies, i just kept thinking "how are you going to do it", "tell us all how". of course he never says how he will do anything, nothing has changed.

And you expect him to tell you all the steps he'll be taking to get this stuff done, do you?

He touched on certain things he hopes to do.

McCain will give his acceptance speech, and it will ALSO outline where he wants to take America, and it will also touch on certain things he hopes to do, and his will ALSO be basically devoid of the particulars.

"...I say to the American people, to Democrats and Republicans and Independents across this great land - enough! This moment - this election - is our chance to keep, in the 21st century, the American promise alive. Because next week, in Minnesota, the same party that brought you two terms of George Bush and Dick Cheney will ask this country for a third. And we are here because we love this country too much to let the next four years look like the last eight. On November 4th, we must stand up and say: "Eight is enough."

Now let there be no doubt. The Republican nominee, John McCain, has worn the uniform of our country with bravery and distinction, and for that we owe him our gratitude and respect. And next week, we'll also hear about those occasions when he's broken with his party as evidence that he can deliver the change that we need.

But the record's clear: John McCain has voted with George Bush ninety percent of the time. Senator McCain likes to talk about judgment, but really, what does it say about your judgment when you think George Bush has been right more than ninety percent of the time? I don't know about you, but I'm not ready to take a ten percent chance on change..."

Barack Obama

Doesn't it just give you the willys to know that half the country will be hoping he fails ?

You have your data wrong again. Hard core Republicans do not make up half the country.

Now count in those Republicans who are still real Republicans and the Indepencents who will vote for Obama and your data is even more screwed/skewed.:lol:

You have your data wrong again. Hard core Republicans do not make up half the country.

Now count in those Republicans who are still real Republicans and the Indepencents who will vote for Obama and your data is even more screwed/skewed.:lol:

Right. I think they might make up about a third of the voting public.

Dems about the same.

So many former Rs and Ds have left the party that I think the largest party now is the unaffiliated party.

Forum List

Back