Obama, his economy and the effects it had on the new housing market

Zona

A guy in ariZONA
Aug 15, 2009
Phoenix, AZ.
New Home Sales Climb Nearly Ten Percent

Sales of newly built homes jumped 9.6 percent in July, rising for the fourth month in a row and adding more evidence that the housing market is on the mend.

washingtonpost.com

The report reaffirms the positive trends reflected in other national housing market indicators. Yesterday, two closely watched indexes found that home prices were rising in most parts of the country. Home sales, construction activity and builder confidence have all risen in recent months.

I guess that 8k incentive worked really well?

If this link is unacceptable, please let me know, there are plenty talking about this today.

Last edited:
Wait a god damn minute!

Do you mean to say that the economy is getting better?
You must be mistaken because everyone knows that Obama's spending is leading this country to economic ruin

Sales of newly built homes jumped 9.6 percent in July, rising for the fourth month in a row and adding more evidence that the housing market is on the mend.

washingtonpost.com

The report reaffirms the positive trends reflected in other national housing market indicators. Yesterday, two closely watched indexes found that home prices were rising in most parts of the country. Home sales, construction activity and builder confidence have all risen in recent months.

If this link is unacceptable, please let me know, there are plenty talking about this today.

*shrug*

I reject your premise. I still think we're in "Bush's" economy. I have Bush in quotes because I believe that an administration has only a small effect on the direction of the economy in the short term. Only over the long haul does an administration's policies manifest themselves in economics...usually in an unexpected way, but there is no definite timeline. Boil that down even more, we're just now at the end of "Clinton's" economy for the most part.

Sure, some policies have an immediate effect, but the policies that usually have a lasting effect take awhile to show results.

washingtonpost.com

You mean people actually took 'free' money from the government? That's deep.

washingtonpost.com

He inherited that from Bush too.

You can't have it both ways lib.

The housing market reflects consumer confidence in the economy and strength in other sectors. If you have lost your job, or even fear losing your job, you will not be looking for a new house.
If your stock portfolio has been wiped out, you are not looking to expand your house.

As consumer confidence and the stock market recovers....housing will improve

washingtonpost.com

I hope this trend continues and doesn't follow the same effect pattern of the govt spending during the great depression.

I hope its not a "dead cat bounce"

I wish the job market would follow the housing sales trend, hopefully this month we will actually gain some jobs for a change, its been what 9 months of steady job loss now?

washingtonpost.com

yeah, and just wait till those folks have to actually start paying on those mortgages

washingtonpost.com

yeah, and just wait till those folks have to actually start paying on those mortgages

Hopefully the people buying can afford it when their interest rate goes up a couple points.

Forum List

Back