Obama Health Care Plan Will Provide Taxpayer-Funded Abortion on Demand

i don't think tax payer's money should pay for the 1 or 2 million people who MAKE THE CHOICE to have an abortion, this is an elective surgery in most all circumstances, thus the label of CHOICE, it is the woman's choice.

What a bunch of misleading crap. God you people are such pathetic sufferers of gullible-itis, it's unfuckingreal.

What part of the crap is misleading you?

Try the opening salvo. Show me quoted material from any Democrat, asshole, not from some right-wing internet rag's interpretation.

Actually, it seems that Obama's presidential campaign itself told the pro-abortion website RHRealityCheck.org that "Senator Obama believes that reproductive health care is basic health care. His health care plan will create a new public plan, which will provide coverage of all essential medical services. Reproductive health care is an essential service - just like mental health care and disease management and other preventive services under his plan.

And private insurers that want to participate will have to treat reproductive care in the same way."

So it's not that crazy an idea that the health care plan he wants contains the provisions he said he wanted it to contain, now is it?

My, my, the thought of it. All those aborted babys represent children which cannot be denied health care by the wingnuts on this board. Their whole day will be ruined. Almost as bad as denying them the right to send our sons and daughters to hellholes to die for lies told by the wingnuts.

When you folks show some compassion for the children of this nation that need preventive health care, I will believe your crocadile tears over abortions. When you support teaching people how to avoid pregnancies, then I will believe that you really care about this issue. Until then, it is just another hypocrital talking point for a bunch fools.

I don't like the ease in which abortions can be obtained in this country and I especially don't want to pay for any or have our government pay for abortions on demand. That's my personal opinion of abortion BUT with that said, I don't believe that the government or anybody else has any business telling women what they can and cannot do with their bodies - the same way as with men. I do, however; find it offensive for our government to be paying for abortions. It's not what I would like to see our tax dollars spent on.

SOOOO glad someone made a point of getting that "their body, their choice" talking point in there. Because God forbid we discuss anything even peripherally related to abortion without SOMEONE chiming in and reminding us that the only "nice" choice is to support abortion. :eusa_hand:

That being said, if it's "their bodies, their choice", it should also be "their money".

Well said....however I'd like to add.....the liberal "their body, their choice" argument is nothing more than a stupid selfish self-centered argument....it's not their freakin' body....it's the baby's body we are talking about....

I agree. But if they're going to insist on this particular line, then they need to be consistent. We have to "keep our laws off their bodies"? Then keep their bodies out of our taxes.

I don't like the ease in which abortions can be obtained in this country and I especially don't want to pay for any or have our government pay for abortions on demand. That's my personal opinion of abortion BUT with that said, I don't believe that the government or anybody else has any business telling women what they can and cannot do with their bodies - the same way as with men. I do, however; find it offensive for our government to be paying for abortions. It's not what I would like to see our tax dollars spent on.

SOOOO glad someone made a point of getting that "their body, their choice" talking point in there. Because God forbid we discuss anything even peripherally related to abortion without SOMEONE chiming in and reminding us that the only "nice" choice is to support abortion. :eusa_hand:

That being said, if it's "their bodies, their choice", it should also be "their money".

Well said....however I'd like to add.....the liberal "their body, their choice" argument is nothing more than a stupid selfish self-centered argument....it's not their freakin' body....it's the baby's body we are talking about....

But, postpartum, you do not give a damn about the health of that babys body! What a goddamned hypocrit your are.

i don't think tax payer's money should pay for the 1 or 2 million people who MAKE THE CHOICE to have an abortion, this is an elective surgery in most all circumstances, thus the label of CHOICE, it is the woman's choice.

ALL surgery is ELECTIVE surgery in that sense, Care.

This nation is facing a choice of paying an abortionist now, or paying for a mother and unwanted child for the next 18 years in so many cases that this strikes me as nothing more than a sensible policy.

What a bunch of crap.

Who here has ever heard a woman say "I wish I had gotten an abortion"?

I know I've heard many who said they wished they hadn't.

And abortions do not prevent child abuse, unwanted children, or lead to the elevation of the human race. Nor are abortion factories the only answer to the rare cases of incest- or rape-caused pregnancy.

Now if you can speak the truth and stop spouting rhetoric...

oh wait, you have to have the rhetoric or there's no argument for abortion. Other than it kills kids YOU don't think should be born.

A la eugenics.

What a bunch of crap.

And abortions do not prevent child abuse, unwanted children, or lead to the elevation of the human race. Nor are abortion factories the only answer to the rare cases of incest- or rape-caused pregnancy.

oh wait, you have to have the rhetoric or there's no argument for abortion. Other than it kills kids YOU don't think should be born.

A la eugenics.

Interestingly enough, the legalization of abortion has actually led to MORE unwanted pregnancies, both those that are then terminated and those that go on to lead to live births.

This nation is facing a choice of paying an abortionist now, or paying for a mother and unwanted child for the next 18 years in so many cases that this strikes me as nothing more than a sensible policy.

you see, other than the few exceptions where one's life is dependent on it, the pregnant woman, if she did absolutely nothing, in 99% of the cases, she will continue to live a fairly normal life, outside of the temporary weight gain. This is not a medical procedure that benefits the woman's health per say, it is an elective choice of surgery....in fact having an abortion could end up harming her more, in some cases.

Whether one is religious or not religious, an abortion is a TOP, a termination of pregnancy as the medical term....and a pregnancy is the gestation stage for ones own separate offspring....

Tax payers and with such a divided issue, should not be forced to pay for the termination of someone elses offspring, it could be very objectionable to many tax payers, including those who support the woman to make this choice about her own offspring, others should not have to pay for such a controversial choice....if there is a medical reason for such, then I would see that as acceptable.

Insurance companies have NEVER paid for abortions why should tax payers money for a universal plan paid for collectively by tax payers have to? makes no sense to me Ed...

many insurance companies do not even pay for the BC pill yet....
obese people that have gastric bypass surgery don't even have insurance coverage for such yet you think tax payers should cover abortions?

NOT THAT I THINK THIS WILL HAPPEN, in the Dem plan.

Last edited:

Abortion is a hell lot more than just a choice to have "elective surgery".....as you libs so neatly put it...:evil:

It just boils down to $$$$ for you....doesn't it...?

....how much are YOU worth....? ....how much will YOU be worth when YOU are old and gray and not a $$$$ producer any more.....will it be OK then to just snuff YOU out.....?

My, my, the thought of it. All those aborted babys represent children which cannot be denied health care by the wingnuts on this board. Their whole day will be ruined. Almost as bad as denying them the right to send our sons and daughters to hellholes to die for lies told by the wingnuts.

When you folks show some compassion for the children of this nation that need preventive health care, I will believe your crocadile tears over abortions. When you support teaching people how to avoid pregnancies, then I will believe that you really care about this issue. Until then, it is just another hypocrital talking point for a bunch fools.

Sure thing Old Rocks.....let's KILL the kids because we don't provide every little care to your endless specifications....that's liberal compassion for ya.....:evil:

Last edited:

Sure thing Old Rocks.....let's KILL the kids because we don't provide every little care to your endless specifications....that's liberal compassion for ya.....:evil:

I've always found it fascinating that Old Rocks presumes to try to lay guilt trips on people for "not caring for the children after they're born", but doesn't see the irony that HE doesn't care about them enough to even let them be born at all.

What a bunch of crap.

A la eugenics.

Oh what sheer umitigated blather.

The women is the decider here, Allie, not you and not me either.

And that is exactly as it should be.

As to making that right part of every woman's HC?

I see no reason to allow the better off women to have a right that the poor women won't have just because they're too poor to afford it.

I've always found it fascinating that Old Rocks presumes to try to lay guilt trips on people for "not caring for the children after they're born", but doesn't see the irony that HE doesn't care about them enough to even let them be born at all.

So, you would force people to have unwanted children. Children that would grow up unwanted. And they would know they were unwanted by their parents and by society, for people like yourself are constantly stating that they do not deserve even basic health care.

Abortion is a hell lot more than just a choice to have "elective surgery".....as you libs so neatly put it...:evil:

Well, what is the alternative to abortion? Teaching kids how to avoid pregnancy. As in birth control. Abstinance? Who are you kidding? Has worked in our history, never will work. There are many methods of birth control, it should be manditory that they be taught to every girl as soon as she starts menstrating. As should the dangers and consequences, physical and emotional, of sexual activity.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

(CNSNews.com) - Democrats in both the House and the Senate want abortion be included as a health benefit in both government and private insurance plans, leading to millions more abortions, a Republican lawmaker warned.

Taxpayer money would be used to pay for abortions in the government-run health care option.

But congressional Republicans, strongly opposed to an abortion requirement in health care reform, are pushing for a ban on using taxpayer money to pay for such procedures.

On Tuesday, pro-life members of Congress said the plan’s approach to abortion is essentially the same as the Freedom of Choice Act, which would strip states’ right to limit abortion, establish abortion on demand across the country and allow federal funds to pay for the procedure.

“It’s really trying to pass the Freedom of Choice Act through this legislation and wipe out all state law -- state law that abides by the Constitution, abides by everything that was said by the Supreme Court under Roe v. Wade,” Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-Ga.) said Tuesday at a Capitol Hill press conference.

“Despite the fact that large majorities of Americans don’t want to fund abortion, the Obama-Kennedy-Dingle bill will nevertheless force every taxpayer and every premium payer in the United States to pay for and facilitate every abortion in the country,” Rep. Chris Smith (R-N.J.) said.

“Despite President Obama’s statement to the pope just last week that he wants to reduce abortion, the ugly truth is that the so-called health care reform bill, if enacted and if not amended, will lead to millions of additional dead children and wounded mothers,” Smith said.

Obama Health Care Plan Will Provide Taxpayer-Funded Abortion on Demand

So?

First....abortion is a whole separate issue from ordinary health care....this is a dirty leftie approach to institutionalizing it on a national level...

Second....the majority of Americans are against abortion....

US abortion views shift, majority are 'pro-life'
May 15, 2009

WASHINGTON (AFP) — US opinion on abortion has shifted with, for the first time in nearly 15 years, a narrow 51-percent majority identifying themselves as "pro-life," according to a new Gallup poll published Friday.

The "pro-life," anti-abortion opinion has risen from 44 percent a year ago, while the number of Americans who described themselves as "pro-choice" fell from 50 percent a year ago to 42 percent now.

google.com

What a woman does with her own body is non of yours or "the majorities" business.

Government health care is not a straw that breaks the camels back, it is a forest of crimes against man and reason that destroys the USA.

What a woman does with her own body is non of yours or "the majorities" business.
And yet, women are arrested for doing drugs while pregnant, drinking while pregnant, etc. So, "choice" isn't about choice at all, it's about control.

And yet, women are arrested for doing drugs while pregnant, drinking while pregnant, etc. So, "choice" isn't about choice at all, it's about control.

You neg repped me for supporting a womans right to control her own body?

Why does a queer like you care about that? Do you feel like a woman when you have a dick up your butt?

New Topics

Forum List

Back