Obama hates science

true, but completely not the point. The point was about NASA budgets getting cut, and private industry taking over. Well, the only thing private industry is taking over from NASA is the ferry duties for crew and supplies to ISS. That's it. Oh, and satellite launches as well. Anything NASA was working on other than those two areas is over for the foreseeable future, as private industry is not getting involved in the moon, mars, etc.

I am all for and heartily support ANY area private industry steps into in space. However, there role is currently limited... and speculative.

OK.

What else has NASA done in the past 30 years besides the above?

What were the Space Shuttles used for, if not for "ferry duty".

Is there a spaceship on the launch pad ready to go to Mars at the moment?

I expect rdean will come in here and blame Bush, but the rest of us can call up our congresscritters and let them know we support NASA.

FACT: NASA’s total budget is less than 1% of the Federal spending. Way less than 1%. FACT: The proposed fiscal year 2013 budget out of the White House has huge cuts to NASA. Planetary sciences alone has $300 million slashed from it.
FACT: If this cut stays in the budget, NASA will have to pull back from some big and exciting planetary missions. It’s already made NASA back out of an agreement with the European Space Agency on two ambitious Mars probes.
FACT: This sucks. A lot. America leads the way in scientific planetary missions, and this cut will hurt that, significantly.

Shining shoes for NASA | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine

You mean the planets that were put out there as a joke by the christian god to fool us all into thinking the universe is older than 6000 years? You mean somehow putting space exploration in the hands of private industry instead of the lowest possible bidder at a time when our government has earthbound problems to deal with is somehow more hateful of science than integrating blatantly false religious ideas about the universe that have no scientific reality by definition because they depend on faith and not knowledge? Did your brain spontaneously evaporate?

The Republican party has taken a definitive stance as the anti-science, and anti-education party. They want to put the christian bible as our children's science class. They want to ban stem cell research that could help many lives and create jobs. They feel that people with no medical background should be in charge of making health decisions for the only members of the human race that can reproduce. They think Geology is a scam made to usurp the teachings of the church. They want to cut our education budgets further and destroy the department of education. They deny pollution despite it being clearly visible to the naked eye. they think dumping millions of gallons of oil into the gulf was perfectly safe. There is even scientific evidence that the republicans are less intelligent on average than the people who believe in other parties. You people even think fox news is real news.

If there is an enemy of science and knowledge it most certainly is the faith based republican party who has a major belief that the human race was cursed by god from eating from the tree of knowledge. Putting the republicans in charge of science is exactly like putting the SS in charge of jews.

true, but completely not the point. The point was about NASA budgets getting cut, and private industry taking over. Well, the only thing private industry is taking over from NASA is the ferry duties for crew and supplies to ISS. That's it. Oh, and satellite launches as well. Anything NASA was working on other than those two areas is over for the foreseeable future, as private industry is not getting involved in the moon, mars, etc.

I am all for and heartily support ANY area private industry steps into in space. However, there role is currently limited... and speculative.

OK.

It goes further than all of that. Why not allow companies who might make a profit from things like space mining and new technologies made to improve our ability to explore space as the lead in doing these things? They have the money to do these things. It could create more private sector jobs as competition drives them to make better and new things. NASA was great during the cold war, but they are just sightseers really. Why force the taxpayers to pay for only the chosen people to wander around in space and bring back a couple of pictures and some rocks. Let corporations go there and let the rich pay for it.

I have always supported NASA. Maybe you should stop trying to fit me into your neat little box and have an opinion of your own for once in your life.

In that case, I'm assuming that you're even more angry at the GOP house that proposed even larger cuts in NASA than those Obama bargained for?

Obama did not bargain for these cuts, he came up with them all on his own. I want NASA's budget to be bigger.

PERIOD.

"How will increasing NASAs budget help reduce our debt?" You big government types are all the same.

Obama did not bargain for these cuts, he came up with them all on his own. I want NASA's budget to be bigger.

PERIOD.

In response to Congresses proposal that even larger cuts be made...

See g5000's post that you responded to...

Let us make a completely unwarranted assumption here, let us assume that Obama actually proposed increasing NASA's budget, and then negotiated cuts with the Republicans. If it will make you drop it I will even declare it is true.

Now, tell me something, why the frack should I care? Obama promised to restore science to its rightful place, one of the few promises he made that I actually thought made sense. By cutting NASA's budget he is breaking that promise, and I want him to grow a pair and stand up for something.

OK.

HubbleSite - Out of the ordinary...out of this world.
Mars Exploration Rover Mission: Home

Please, challenge me again to show what NASA has done other than ferry people and cargo to the ISS, I dare you.

You mean the planets that were put out there as a joke by the christian god to fool us all into thinking the universe is older than 6000 years?

No, I mean the heavens that declare the glory of God.

Now, to show just how stupid you are, I will point out everything you got wrong. I will start with the point that the Bible does not say anything about how old the Earth is.

You mean somehow putting space exploration in the hands of private industry instead of the lowest possible bidder at a time when our government has earthbound problems to deal with is somehow more hateful of science than integrating blatantly false religious ideas about the universe that have no scientific reality by definition because they depend on faith and not knowledge? Did your brain spontaneously evaporate?

Actually, space exploration is going to be a private enterprise thing no matter how much you hate it, the same way the exploration of the Americas was, and they will do everything they can to make a profit while they are doing it. The rest of that sentence is so stupid it wouldn't even merit a response if I actually believed what you just threw out.

The Republican party has taken a definitive stance as the anti-science, and anti-education party. They want to put the christian bible as our children's science class. They want to ban stem cell research that could help many lives and create jobs. They feel that people with no medical background should be in charge of making health decisions for the only members of the human race that can reproduce. They think Geology is a scam made to usurp the teachings of the church. They want to cut our education budgets further and destroy the department of education. They deny pollution despite it being clearly visible to the naked eye. they think dumping millions of gallons of oil into the gulf was perfectly safe. There is even scientific evidence that the republicans are less intelligent on average than the people who believe in other parties. You people even think fox news is real news.

Ever here of William Proxmire?

I am not a Republican, and have never voted for one in my life, I am not responsible for anything they say.

That said, they are not anti science, they do not want to put people who are not doctors in charge of medical decisions. As a matter of fact, Obamacare didn't get any Republican votes at all.

Most Republicans are not Catholics, so they care nothing about what the church teaches.

They do have this weird idea that education would work better of the feds didn't collect money, spend a bunch of it making up weird rules, and then giving it back to the schools if they follow those rules. I have to say it does make a little sense, maybe it would be better to just let the schools get the money directly.

I have never met anyone, Republican or Democrat, who denies pollution exist. I know there are some crazy people out there though, so I won't call you a liar. I will laugh at you for thinking Republicans believe that though.

There is no scientific evidence that any political group is more, or less, intelligent than any other political group. There are, however, a few idiots that publish joke studies that make other idiots believe all sorts of silly things.

That says a lat about you, just in case the point was too subtle for you to get.

If there is an enemy of science and knowledge it most certainly is the faith based republican party who has a major belief that the human race was cursed by god from eating from the tree of knowledge. Putting the republicans in charge of science is exactly like putting the SS in charge of jews.

Funny, Democrats are more likely to believe Jesus will return by 2050, but you think Republicans are the party of faith. Could that be because you are even dumber than your little pony avatar?

Piece of advice kid, never again try to challenge my science credentials on the basis of what you think the Bible teaches, I actually studied it.

In that case, I'm assuming that you're even more angry at the GOP house that proposed even larger cuts in NASA than those Obama bargained for?

PERIOD.

"How will increasing NASAs budget help reduce our debt?" You big government types are all the same.

How will extending the payroll tax holiday reduce it?

Forum List

Back