Obama has not called the Benghazi attacks, terrorist attacks?

When asked by spiegel why she did not use the term terrorism in Janet Napolitano's first report to Congress in 2009 -

In my speech, although I did not use the word “terrorism,” I referred to “man-caused” disasters. That is perhaps only a nuance, but it demonstrates that we want to move away from the politics of fear toward a policy of being prepared for all risks that can occur.
I believe the above gives a pretty good indication why not.
Interview with Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano: 'Away From the Politics of Fear' - SPIEGEL ONLINE

I think it has to do with that touchy, feely thing this administration has going on. Sort of like Clinton telling Libya how appalled she was, after all we had done to help liberate them. Sounded like me scolding my kids when they were younger.

Last edited:
No one is one the same page in this administration. Maybe they should have some meetings! And tell the president it WAS A TERRORIST ATTACK!

Say what you will about Bush. You'd know damn well what we thought about the attacks by now. I don't believe Obama has even personally called the Benghazi attack a terrorist attack yet. He was too busy apologizing.

Apparently when pressed by the Senate, a person in his admin finally used the word. Oh that's big of them.

Obama official: Benghazi was a terrorist attack | The Cable

Check out my new thread before the left wingers drive it off the page. It turns out that the leader of the attack on the Benghazi compound was a former Gitmo AQ prisoner and ever worse a known rebel leader.

Yes, one of those rebels we turned the country over to.

When asked by spiegel why she did not use the term terrorism in Janet Napolitano's first report to Congress in 2009 -

In my speech, although I did not use the word “terrorism,” I referred to “man-caused” disasters. That is perhaps only a nuance, but it demonstrates that we want to move away from the politics of fear toward a policy of being prepared for all risks that can occur.
I believe the above gives a pretty good indication why not.
Interview with Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano: 'Away From the Politics of Fear' - SPIEGEL ONLINE

I think it has to do with that touchy, feely thing this administration has going on. Sort of like Clinton telling Libya how appalled she was, after all we had done to help liberate them. Sounded like me scolding my kids when they were younger.

Not surprised. According to Breitbart, who doesn't name its source so take that as you will... they were using unarmed Brits for security in order to create a "low profile". Now, I seriously doubt that Obama's pet media poodles will ask about it, but Republicans in Congress will.

EDITORS' NOTE: According to a source close to Breitbart News and high up in the intelligence community, the Obama administration's policy following Muammar Gaddafi's death has been to keep a "low profile" during a chaotic time.

For this reason, according to the source, American Marines were not stationed at the U.S. embassy in Tripoli or the American mission in Benghazi, as would typically have been the case. In the spirit of a "low profile," the administration didn't even want an American company in charge of private security. Blue Mountain, the British firm the State Department hired, was willing to abide by the "no bullets" Rules of Engagement (ROE), so were a logical fit for the contract. These sub-standard protections for American diplomats were signed by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in the ROE.

cont...OBAMA ADMIN SENT UNARMED BRITISH FIRM TO PROTECT U.S. MISSION IN BENGHAZI

Forum List

Back