Obama has lost his marbles

Working Man

Aug 22, 2004
He thinks throwing money at teacher's saleries will cure the problems in our public schools.. When he said that, I put the chips on Hillary for the nomination.:cuckoo:

He thinks throwing money at teacher's saleries will cure the problems in our public schools.. When he said that, I put the chips on Hillary for the nomination.:cuckoo:

Really? Please explain why offering higher salaries to educators might not attract a better crowd?

Nothing against current teachers -- you couldn't PAY me to do their job the way their hands are tied -- but a lot of good educators take off for greener pastures for more lucrative pay. Teachers currently are paid about what cops and military are.

This may explain why you are the "working man" and not management material... I an no obama fan... but increasing teacher pay for grammar and high school is probably a good start to bringing in good educators to the pre collegate level...

I suggest You just keep swinging the sledge. and leave the design work to the engineers...

Funny... the Court's pretty much disposed of that issue, too.

But we all know that you know the Constitution much better than all the Justices since the Marbury court.

I bow in your general direction...... :rolleyes:

Funny... the Court's pretty much disposed of that issue, too.

But we all know that you know the Constitution much better than all the Justices since the Marbury court.

I bow in your general direction...... :rolleyes:

Better me then you, you keep claiming Federal Authority is not supreme unless a State agrees.

but money alone wont solve the problem, we need better leadership

Really? Please explain why offering higher salaries to educators might not attract a better crowd?

Nothing against current teachers -- you couldn't PAY me to do their job the way their hands are tied -- but a lot of good educators take off for greener pastures for more lucrative pay. Teachers currently are paid about what cops and military are.

I never said anything remotely like that. Your comprehension must be on the fritz.

And I don't play those games... capish? I said what I said. Don't pretend I said anything else.

Have a good night.

And you said THIS

And I'd advise *you* to learn that that we live in a nation made up of two types of law, statutory and common law. Every statute is construed based upon the interpretation given it by common law. That's when the Courts' apply the law and decide what its proper application is. There is only one state in the country which doesn't operate under an English Common Law system, and that's Louisiana which is a Code State -- like the French.

And that's the problem with the lie that is "strict constructionism". It doesn't exist.

Marbury rules!

In response to THIS..

Originally Posted by RetiredGySgt View Post
Simply wrong...

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitut....html#section4

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitut....articlei.html

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitut...articlevi.html

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitut...ml#amendmentix

I strongly advice you to learn the document that rules this country, that establishes the Federal system and establishes that FEDERAL Authority is superior to State or Individual Authority.

The Civil War established that a State can not leave the Union without the express permission of the Federal Government through an act of Congress. The 14th Amendment established that the Bill of Rights applies to individual citizens over and above any State Law or Authority.

So either you did not READ what I wrote or your simply trying to pretend you did not claim Federal law Supercedes State Law.

And more of your argument that Federal Law does not supercede State law...

Dude, I'm not getting into these discussions with you. You're ignorant, rude and don't know how to discuss anything.

If the Constitution wasn't supposed to be construed by the Courts, we wouldn't need judges.

Go back and read Marbury v Madison.... judicial review isn't part of the Constitution either.

I love when people like you view this simplistically. If it were the case, then you'd be far wiser than all the justices who went before you. And somehow, I don't need to know you to know that isn't the case.

In response to my statement the Constitution STATES that Federal law is supreme over any and all State law or Constitutions.

Then we have this....

And I'm telling you that you're too stupid to understand that the story doesn't end there....

But then again, you're also someone who says he was military and thinks we're "winning" in Iraq.... so I really shouldn't be troubled by anything you say.

Cheers...

Again in response to my QUOTING the relevant portion of the US Constitution that CLEARLY states Federal law when enacted using the powers granted by the Constitution is SUPREME over any and all State laws or Constitutions.

Here let me quote that for anyone in this thread that did not happen to read the other...

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.articlevi.html

And more of your argument that Federal Law does not supercede State law...

In response to my statement the Constitution STATES that Federal law is supreme over any and all State law or Constitutions.

Then we have this....

Again in response to my QUOTING the relevant portion of the US Constitution that CLEARLY states Federal law when enacted using the powers granted by the Constitution is SUPREME over any and all State laws or Constitutions.

Here let me quote that for anyone in this thread that did not happen to read the other...

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.articlevi.html

I never said Federal Law doesn't supercede state law. What I said was the court could have cut out an exception for states to govern medical treatment by doctors IN THE STATE. It was up to the court as to whether or not they chose to allow that.

I know you're not that bright but do try to work on the comprehension. And you really need to stop lying about what people say in their posts. It seems to be an endemic problem with you.

The President has no power, authority or ability to increase or decrease teacher pay in any level of the US education system. It is NOT a power the Federal Government has.

No, but thanks to the No Child Left Behind Act, standardized testing results are directly tied into Federal funding. So a school that performs poorly will lose funding.

Local schools are funded by local property taxes and Federal funds. Richer communities have better resources, better teachers, and so on. Poor communities get lesser teachers (some are out right abusive) and less or hand-me down resources. And if the kids cannot rise above that, the Federal fund are cut as well.

All schools should have the same calibre teachers and resources, including busing, health, and civics classes.

I never said Federal Law doesn't supercede state law. What I said was the court could have cut out an exception for states to govern medical treatment by doctors IN THE STATE. It was up to the court as to whether or not they chose to allow that.

I know you're not that bright but do try to work on the comprehension. And you really need to stop lying about what people say in their posts. It seems to be an endemic problem with you.

Spin it anyway you want, your wrong. It is quite clar what you said. Par for the course with you.

And A court can not agree to allow the Federal authority be over ruled unless said Federal law is not in keeping with the power given by the Constitution. It is not the power of the Court to usurp power.

We are spending record dollars on public "Education", yet, the performance of today's "American" students is lagging even those kids from third* world countries. ($10,500avg/student/year isn't enough?)

What kind of manager would keep doing it this way, without checking to see if the outcome justifies the cost?? Planning, organizing, motivating, and controlling.. Four parts to managment.. I guess the New Math in todays schools failed to teach you this...

How much do we have to pay in property taxes in order to live in a community that supports public education??? What is reasonable?

If a person is Working, does that make them less of a citizen??? I must be missing something here, because if the comment is taken the way it was meant, then unless one is a Manager, then that person is a loser?? Did your mom and dad TEACH you this, or was it learned in school??

*not so sure that the US isn't heading to third world status.. Unable to pay its bills, unable to provide for its populus the opportunities we use to take for granted, shipping out its natural resources to be processed elsewhere... Hmmmm?? Who is the Manager on Duty???

PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THAT PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHERS** NEED MORE MONEY ARE PROBABLY THE SAME ONES WHO THINK THAT THE TAX REFUND CHECK WILL CURE THE RECESSION...:cuckoo:

We are spending record dollars on public "Education", yet, the performance of today's "American" students is lagging even those kids from third* world countries. ($10,500avg/student/year isn't enough?)

What kind of manager would keep doing it this way, without checking to see if the outcome justifies the cost?? Planning, organizing, motivating, and controlling.. Four parts to managment.. I guess the New Math in todays schools failed to teach you this...

How much do we have to pay in property taxes in order to live in a community that supports public education??? What is reasonable?

If a person is Working, does that make them less of a citizen??? I must be missing something here, because if the comment is taken the way it was meant, then unless one is a Manager, then that person is a loser?? Did your mom and dad TEACH you this, or was it learned in school??

*not so sure that the US isn't heading to third world status.. Unable to pay its bills, unable to provide for its populus the opportunities we use to take for granted, shipping out its natural resources to be processed elsewhere... Hmmmm?? Who is the Manager on Duty???

PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THAT PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHERS** NEED MORE MONEY ARE PROBABLY THE SAME ONES WHO THINK THAT THE TAX REFUND CHECK WILL CURE THE RECESSION...:cuckoo:

People who cannot see a direct correlation between teacher salaries and the quality of teacher aren't thinking very hard.

I fully agree with Gunny. My mother is a teacher of some 30 years now, and she's said flat out that if she had to support a family on her salary alone then she would be working for private schools or teaching in a rich district. She complains all the time about the quality of teachers at the schools she has taught at, which are an inner city elementary and very rural elementary.

But the education problem is maybe half-way the teachers/schools faults. The other half is on the parents. Parents that don't teach their kids the value of an education will have uneducated kids most of the time.

Many private schools pay less than public schools. But I know teachers who prefer working in them regardless.

I don't believe the President has the direct authority to raise or lower a teachers salary.

HE can lobby the congress to add funds to the dept of ed which will be disbursed to states who put teachers salary above a certain level.

He might be able to defund a bit of cash to the states as well. I'm not sure of that.

But, doing it himself? Nah.

Forum List

Back