Obama has left Trinity United Church

Took him long enough. 20 years of listening to hatespeak, now he leaves because it's best for his campaign. How hypocritical.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time - Blogs from CNN.com

In the same vein, I guess we can take it as gospel that all those Roman Catholics that still attend that RC church are OK with, in favor of, and supporters of pedophile priests. Hell, they probably even LIKED it, or, if they are parents, think it is good for their children!

We're petty because we see straight through Obama, and because we see him for exactly what he has been trying to hide from America for the past year?

You seem pretty angry. Regretting your decision to defend the piece of shit yet?

not at all. relieved, actually, that your **** vote won't perpetuate the bush/clinton legacy for another 4 years. See strait though Obama? HA! Thats pretty hilarious this side of clinton's vote to authorize the iraq war.

Like I said, go vote your conscience. If Obama is a deal breaker for you then take your fucking ass to the GOP.

In the same vein, I guess we can take it as gospel that all those Roman Catholics that still attend that RC church are OK with, in favor of, and supporters of pedophile priests. Hell, they probably even LIKED it, or, if they are parents, think it is good for their children!

Horrible argument.

You're comparing the entire Roman Catholic church to this one particular church. There are millions of Roman Catholics in the world, and the number that have pedophiles for priests is slim. I'm willing to bet, though, that if a member of the church found out their priest was a pedophile, they'd want his head on a platter.

Horrible argument.

You're comparing the entire Roman Catholic church to this one particular church. There are millions of Roman Catholics in the world, and the number that have pedophiles for priests is slim. I'm willing to bet, though, that if a member of the church found out their priest was a pedophile, they'd want his head on a platter.

Let me put it this way: When the news broke in MY diocese, my son was withing weeks of his "First Communion." It was over then, period, as there was no way I would have subjected my son to the authority of a priest, ANY priest. No second chances, no denial, no "Well maybe "our" little church is ok."

I have also seen, in my diocese, just how far the families of some of the victims went to find excuses for the crimes, how far in denial they were.

as for this:

There are millions of Roman Catholics in the world, and the number that have pedophiles for priests is slim.

Don't bet on it! The special boys club, aka, the RC priesthood, has been outed for the predators they are, and the history of same is many hundreds of years of venal behavior.....

I don't believe so....how does this help him?

The Obama campaign is daring anyone to make it an issue.

Why? Because eventually an issue like this descends, for better or worse, into race.

And if you wanna play the race card against the black candidate, you better be damn sure its going to work. Because you're playing right into his strengths. Furthermore, your also taking the chance your own guys and gals can have a slip of the tongue moment when responding to an issue ultimately about race and religion.

His opponents (mainly Hillary) are walking on glass.

Thankfully, the McCain campaign sees Obama's pastor problems for what it really is: a trap.

This issue just does not help anyone but Obama and i hope McCain's camp can continue to "play it" appropriately.

Last edited:
Let me put it this way: When the news broke in MY diocese, my son was withing weeks of his "First Communion." It was over then, period, as there was no way I would have subjected my son to the authority of a priest, ANY priest. No second chances, no denial, no "Well maybe "our" little church is ok."

So let me get this straight.

You're defending Obama's decision to stay with the church for 20 years by telling me you left your church after you stopped agreeing with it.

Nice argument. :eusa_clap:

So let me get this straight.

You're defending Obama's decision to stay with the church for 20 years by telling me you left your church after you stopped agreeing with it.

Nice argument. :eusa_clap:

Don't you know we are all motherfuckers, because we have a problem with GD America or religion's theology that calls for the destruction of the white race.......:eusa_naughty:

He only did this to appease people who are scared that he might be a Black Panther or something; and who wouldn’t do the exact same thing if it meant getting the job, if it meant making more people feel comfortable, if it meant showing your allegiance to Americans no matter their race or ethnicity. It was a good move.

Last edited:
Obama left the church, but the church hasn't left him. You can tell that by his own statements.

He only did this to appease people who are scared that he might be a Black Panther or something; and who wouldn’t do the exact same thing if it meant getting the job, if it meant making more people feel comfortable, if it meant showing your allegiance to Americans no matter their race or ethnicity. It was a good move.

So, basically, he did something he didn't want to do because it made him look better. Isn't that the DEFINITION of a "true" politician, something Obamanites have claimed Obama is not for a long time?

"Change we can believe in." Prove it.

If Obama wanted to show his allegiance to America, he should have left 20 years ago. It's not like hatespeak is a new thing at this church. Oprah left in the mid 90's for the same reason.

Last edited:
So, basically, he did something he didn't want to do because it made him look better. Isn't that the DEFINITION of a "true" politician, something Obamanites have claimed Obama is not for a long time?

"Change we can believe in." Prove it.

If Obama wanted to show his allegiance to America, he should have left 20 years ago. It's not like hatespeak is a new thing at this church. Oprah left in the mid 90's for the same reason.

Oprah is NOT a Christian; she does NOT believe Jesus is the only way. So I doubt that was why she left. Furthermore, IMO he shouldn't have left, Wright wasn't saying anything new, people have already heard those type of arguments/statements before, at least I would think so. However, Wright took it too far, he saw that his statements and press conferences were hurting Obama and instead of backing down, he kept going; to me that is a good reason to leave. Why be around someone who is only putting you down in order to move up? Wright is NOT for Obama, this man is for promoting his own personal political beliefs.

But Obama isn't doing what's best for HIM, which would be a typical politician, he is doing what is best for Americans everywhere, rich, poor, Black or White.

I should insert "White Americans" that's something Hillary would do.

as opposed to what, 80% of black voters voting for Obama?

Oops...we're not allowed to talk about demographics ... I forgot.

And you guys really need to stop that if you want him to have achance of winning. You don't win without Hillary's supporters.:eusa_hand:[

as opposed to what, 80% of black voters voting for Obama?

Oops...we're not allowed to talk about demographics ... I forgot.

And you guys really need to stop that if you want him to have achance of winning. You don't win without Hillary's supporters.:eusa_hand:[

We can bicker all day about the Black vs. White vote, Hillary supporters vs. Obama supporters but the bottom line is, it will come down to a Democrat vs. a Republican and the Democrats need to move on, the primary was difficult which is why it may take time for everyone to get back on the same page, but winning the general election should be more important in the long run.

but Obama Isn't Doing What's Best For Him, Which Would Be A Typical Politician, He Is Doing What Is Best For Americans Everywhere, Rich, Poor, Black Or White.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Obama left the church, but the church hasn't left him. You can tell that by his own statements.

At this stage in life I am somewhat jaded and not just a little cynical when it comes to politics. I think the whole Jeremiah Wright 'intentionally sabotaging Obama' was staged to give Obama an out and excuse to distance himself from the controversy. And I think the good 'white' Catholic priest was also staged to complete the exit scene--Obama could quit over a white guys rants instead of having to throw a black guy under the bus--this gave him a bit of cover both with the congregation and those folks, both black and white, who had passionately defended Jeremiah Wright.

It is significant that Obama contributed $20K (in one year) to TUCC, however, and was instrumental in seeing that the good Catholic Father received $300k in federal monies for various projects he was working on prior to Obama's grand exit from TUCC.

So is the church still in Obama? The liberation theology, Marxist in concept and Bolshevek in spirit is still there in Obama's speeches if you listen closely. He was confortable in that congregation for 20 years, I believe, because it preached a political philosophy that resonated with him.

I could be reading him wrong, of course. I've been wrong in the past; I could be wrong now. But I hope that we all are paying really close attention now before we make a really serious mistake at the ballot box in November.

Forum List

Back