Obama has increased government spending less than any president in at least a generation.

they are liberals and liberalism is a mental disease, there is no other answer.
and stupidity is a republican way of life ...
To think the Ds great and Rs stupid...is to not think.

Both parties are very much alike and both are criminal gangs.

The national debt and deficit are perfect examples of how both parties are the same. Neither cares about the debt...nothing could be more clear.

I agree to a point, but as usual it comes down to the lesser of two evils, which is the only choice we are given in most elections.
Agreed....there are a few Rs who recognize the dangers of a huge national debt and deficit spending....very few. The establishment R party will do all it can to prevent such Rs from reaching the WH. They will align with the D party and the MSM, to demonize and marginalize all deficit hawk Rs. It is going on as we speak.

YOU make it seem the debt created thanks to conservative/GOP policy was an accident??? LOL

"Starving the beast" is a political strategy employed by American conservatives in order to limit government spending by cutting taxes in order to deprive the government of revenue in a deliberate effort to force the federal government to reduce spending.

Before his election as President, then-candidate Ronald Reagan foreshadowed the strategy during the 1980 US Presidential debates, saying "John Anderson tells us that first we've got to reduce spending before we can reduce taxes. Well, if you've got a kid that's extravagant, you can lecture him all you want to about his extravagance. Or you can cut his allowance and achieve the same end much quicker."

Starve the beast - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I GUESS DUBYA/GOP POLICIES TAKING US FROM 20%+ OF GDP IN REVENUES CLINTON HAD US AT (AFTER HE VETOED THE GOP $700+ BILLION TAX CUT AFTER HIS FIRST SURPLUS) TO LESS THAN 15% OF GDP DIDN'T MATTER?

More proof why the far left religion is the most dangerous religion on the planet.

The Republicans forced a balanced budget on Clinton, it wasn't his desire. He fought it tooth and nail all the way. He eventually vetoed the balanced budget bill, took a poll that showed most Americans wanted a balanced budget, and reintroduced it under his name, then dared the Republicans to vote it down. I was keeping up with the political happenings in Washington and am witness to it all, so don't insult my intelligence with your spin and outrigfht lies.

Yeah, THAT'S why after Clinton's first SURPLUS the GOP passed a $700+ billion tax cut Clinton had to veto to get 3 more? THEN we saw what happened with tthe GOP's fiscal responsibility when they had total control of Gov't in 2001, lol

The Republicans forced a balanced budget on Clinton, it wasn't his desire. He fought it tooth and nail all the way. He eventually vetoed the balanced budget bill, took a poll that showed most Americans wanted a balanced budget, and reintroduced it under his name, then dared the Republicans to vote it down. I was keeping up with the political happenings in Washington and am witness to it all, so don't insult my intelligence with your spin and outrigfht lies.

Then Bush came along and spent like a drunk Democrat! Makes me want to puke!!

WAIT, YOU SAID THIS THE PREVIOUS POST

"The Republicans forced a balanced budget on Clinton"

WHY DIDN'T THE GOP DO THE SAME TO DUBYA? LOL

Obama has increased government spending less than any president in at least a generation.

I have repeatedly asked NaziCons to answer the following question:

How much debt has Obama created that wasn't a direct or indirect result of Bush actions and policies?

Bush's debt didn't stop when he left office. He left two wars and unprecedented tax cuts during wartime.

The national debt and deficit are perfect examples of how both parties are the same. Neither cares about the debt...nothing could be more clear.

I agree to a point, but as usual it comes down to the lesser of two evils, which is the only choice we are given in most elections.
Agreed....there are a few Rs who recognize the dangers of a huge national debt and deficit spending....very few. The establishment R party will do all it can to prevent such Rs from reaching the WH. They will align with the D party and the MSM, to demonize and marginalize all deficit hawk Rs. It is going on as we speak.

YOU make it seem the debt created thanks to conservative/GOP policy was an accident??? LOL

"Starving the beast" is a political strategy employed by American conservatives in order to limit government spending by cutting taxes in order to deprive the government of revenue in a deliberate effort to force the federal government to reduce spending.

Before his election as President, then-candidate Ronald Reagan foreshadowed the strategy during the 1980 US Presidential debates, saying "John Anderson tells us that first we've got to reduce spending before we can reduce taxes. Well, if you've got a kid that's extravagant, you can lecture him all you want to about his extravagance. Or you can cut his allowance and achieve the same end much quicker."

I GUESS DUBYA/GOP POLICIES TAKING US FROM 20%+ OF GDP IN REVENUES CLINTON HAD US AT (AFTER HE VETOED THE GOP $700+ BILLION TAX CUT AFTER HIS FIRST SURPLUS) TO LESS THAN 15% OF GDP DIDN'T MATTER?
Okay then...the increase in the national debt these past six years is the fault of Bush and the Rs.

Truly amazing!

Nah, policy stops the day the Prez leaves, UNLESS you are St Reagan who the right wingers LOVE to give credit for on a 17 year economic miracle (leaving out Ronnie's S&L debacle Poppy inherited, of course)

HOW ABOUT POLICY OBAMA HAS GIVEN US THAT CREATED THE DEBT? PRETTY PLEASE?

More proof why the far left religion is the most dangerous religion on the planet.

So ALL you have, as usual, is ad homs. Got it

Because they're Republicans? DUUUUHHHH
They are all politicians, we're just cannonfodder for them.

FLASHBACK: In 1993, GOP Warned That Clinton’s Tax Plan Would ‘Kill Jobs,’ ‘Kill The Current Recovery’

Rep. Newt Gingrich (R-GA), February 2, 1993: We have all too many people in the Democratic administration who are talking about bigger Government, bigger bureaucracy, more programs, and higher taxes. I believe that that will in fact kill the current recovery and put us back in a recession. It might take 1 1/2 or 2 years, but it will happen. (Congressional Record, 1993, Thomas)

Rep. Bill Archer (R-TX), May 24, 1993: I would much rather be here today supporting the President and I would do so if his proposals could expect to increase jobs and the standard of living for Americans, but I believe his massive tax increases will do just the opposite. (Congressional Record, 1993, Thomas)

Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-GA), July 13, 1993: Small businesses generate the bulk of this Nation’s new jobs. And they will be the hardest hit by the Clinton tax-and-spend budget. Because, when you raise taxes, you kill jobs. (Congressional Record, 1993, Thomas)

Rep. Christopher Cox (R-CA), May, 27, 1993: This is really the Dr. Kevorkian plan for our economy. It will kill jobs, kill businesses, and yes, kill even the higher tax revenues that these suicidal tax increasers hope to gain. (Congressional Record, 1993, Page: H2949)

Of course, far from bringing the Doomsday of which Republicans were warning, Clinton’s policies ushered in the longest sustained period of economic growth in the nation’s history, with 23 million jobs created. Compared to the administration of George W. Bush, the Clinton-era saw more job growth, more GDP growth, more wage growth, and more business investment. Incomes grew under Clinton but fell under Bush, while poverty did the opposite, falling under Clinton but increasing under Bush.

Oh, and Clinton balanced the budget for the first time since 1969. On May 27, 1993, Rep. Robert Michel (R-IL) said “[Americans] will remember who set loose this dreadful virus into the economic bloodstream of our nation.” If only we could have a “dreadful virus” of that sort today. More quotes below the jump.:

Because they're Republicans? DUUUUHHHH
They are all politicians, we're just cannonfodder for them.

So NOW you admit it was Clinton, THANKS

Rep. Newt Gingrich (R-GA), February 2, 1993: We have all too many people in the Democratic administration who are talking about bigger Government, bigger bureaucracy, more programs, and higher taxes. I believe that that will in fact kill the current recovery and put us back in a recession. It might take 1 1/2 or 2 years, but it will happen. (Congressional Record, 1993, Thomas)

Rep. Bill Archer (R-TX), May 24, 1993: I would much rather be here today supporting the President and I would do so if his proposals could expect to increase jobs and the standard of living for Americans, but I believe his massive tax increases will do just the opposite. (Congressional Record, 1993, Thomas)

Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-GA), July 13, 1993: Small businesses generate the bulk of this Nation’s new jobs . And they will be the hardest hit by the Clinton tax-and-spend budget. Because, when you raise taxes, you kill jobs. (Congressional Record, 1993, Thomas)

FLASHBACK In 1993 GOP Warned That Clinton s Tax Plan Would Kill Jobs Kill The Current Recovery ThinkProgress

LOL

national debt when obama took over --------------- 10T
national debt today--------------------------------------------18T
national debt when obama leaves--------------------->20T

nothing more needs to be said. Obama will have increased the national debt more than all previous presidents COMBINED.

Conservative 'math', lol

Clinton's last F/Y budget ends

09/30/2001 $5,807,463,412,200.06

Dubya's last F/Y ends

9/30/2009 $11,909,829,003,511.75

Dubya doubled the debt

Obama's last F/Y debt
09/30/2014 $17,824,071,380,733.82
Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2014

DeficitChart.png

110908-parfait-debt.jpg
So...to summarize, the huge national debt is Bush's fault.

Does Obama share in the blame, or is he blameless?

Did Obama come into office and give US 2 tax cuts (1 AFTER we werre at war)? How about going to UNFUNDED wars

Did Obama give US a new UNFUNDED Medicare expansion program?

Did Obama ignore regulator warnings that started in 2004 and instead cheer on the Banksters that created a bubble and bust?

PLEASE tell me what happened between Jan 2001 (Bush took over) (Greenspan went to the GOP Congress and was worried debt would be paid down to fast thanks to Clinton's sound fiscal policies) and Jan 2009 again?

The far left propaganda machine is rolling on..

Yes, REAL math and logic is 'far left'

Dems/Clinton created 3 new brackets and took the top rate from 31% to 39.6% in 1993, WITHOUT A SINGLE GOP VOTE!

And what happened to revenue?

FLASHBACK: In 1993, GOP Warned That Clinton’s Tax Plan Would ‘Kill Jobs,’ ‘Kill The Current Recovery’

Rep. Christopher Cox (R-CA), May, 27, 1993: This is really the Dr. Kevorkian plan for our economy. It will kill jobs, kill businesses, and yes, kill even the higher tax revenues that these suicidal tax increasers hope to gain. (Congressional Record, 1993, Page: H2949)

Clinton’s policies ushered in the longest sustained period of economic growth in the nation’s history, with 23 million jobs created. Compared to the administration of George W. Bush, the Clinton-era saw more job growth, more GDP growth, more wage growth, and more business investment. Incomes grew under Clinton but fell under Bush, while poverty did the opposite, falling under Clinton but increasing under Bush. Oh, and Clinton balanced the budget for the first time since 1969. On May 27, 1993, Rep. Robert Michel (R-IL) said “[Americans] will remember who set loose this dreadful virus into the economic bloodstream of our nation.”

Rep. Joel Hefley (R-CO), August 4, 1993: However Clinton wants to spin his tax plan, the bottom line is this: It will raise your taxes, increase the deficit, and kill over 1 million jobs. (Congressional Record, 1993, Page: H5745)

Rep. Dick Armey (R-TX), August 2, 1993: The impact on job creation is going to be devastating, and the American young people in particular will suffer a fairly substantial deferment of their lives because there simply won’t be jobs for the next two to three years to go around to our young graduates across the country. (CNN)

FLASHBACK In 1993 GOP Warned That Clinton s Tax Plan Would Kill Jobs Kill The Current Recovery ThinkProgress

COME ON WINGNUTTERS, YOU GUYS CLAIMED CLINTON WOULD KILL THE ECONOMY, DUBYA'S TAX CUTS WOULD BOOM IT AND OBAMA (11+ MILLION PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS SINCE JOB KILLER OBAMACARES WAS PASSED FEB 2010) WOULD DAMAGE THE ECONOMY AGAIN? LOL

there is nothing to prove, they are facts. During obozo's 6 years the national debt has gone from 10T to 18T and will be over 20T by the time that fool leaves office. He will have added more to the debt than all previous presidents combined. Those are facts.
it other words you don't know ... got it ,,,

here ya go, dingleberry

http://www.skymachines.com/US-National-Debt-Per-Capita-Percent-of-GDP-and-by-Presidental-Term.htm
well dumb fuck, all you have show is the debt ... you didn't show us what bills passed that caused it and thats what if said ... you nut jobs show the numbers but you haven't a clue how it go there

OK, dumb fuck, obama has never had an annual budget for any one of his 6 years. The only budget he ever presented to congress was voted down by democrats. With no budget the govt can spend whatever it likes on whatever it likes. Yes, the annual deficit did go down in a couple of those years, but they still increased the debt by spending more than they collected.

What happened during obama's terms is on obama, just like what happened during Bush's terms is on him.
It is truly amazing to see some Americans commend Obama for lowering the deficit....yet the national debt has exploded during his time.

How can they be so easily duped?

It's a vast improvement over previous president.

well dumb fuck, all you have show is the debt ... you didn't show us what bills passed that caused it and thats what if said ... you nut jobs show the numbers but you haven't a clue how it go there

OK, dumb fuck, obama has never had an annual budget for any one of his 6 years. The only budget he ever presented to congress was voted down by democrats. With no budget the govt can spend whatever it likes on whatever it likes. Yes, the annual deficit did go down in a couple of those years, but they still increased the debt by spending more than they collected.

What happened during obama's terms is on obama, just like what happened during Bush's terms is on him.
It is truly amazing to see some Americans commend Obama for lowering the deficit....yet the national debt has exploded during his time.

Really.

When dipshit neocon/progressive/statist W left office, the national debt was about $10 trillion. Now it is $18 trillion...and this is improvement....really?

easy ....republicans hate to do any research ... why ???? well, they would find out things they don't like to admit to

here's another question for you: do you hold Bush responsible for the increase to the national debt during his time in office? yes or no

"do you hold Bush responsible for the increase to the national debt during his time in office? yes or no"

Yes, for POLICY he signed, or consequences of HIS actions as Prez

"Another form of easing facilitated the rapid rise of mortgages that didn't require borrowers to fully document their incomes. In 2006, these low- or no-doc loans comprised 81 percent of near-prime, 55 percent of jumbo, 50 percent of subprime and 36 percent of prime securitized mortgages."

Q HOLY JESUS! DID YOU JUST PROVE THAT OVER 50 % OF ALL MORTGAGES IN 2006 DIDN'T REQUIRE BORROWERS TO DOCUMENT THEIR INCOME?!?!?!?

A Yes.

Q WHO THE HELL LOANS HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO PEOPLE WITHOUT CHECKING THEIR INCOMES?!?!?

A Banks.

Q WHY??!?!!!?!

A Two reasons, greed and Bush's regulators let them.

Obama inherited Dubya's mess!!!

FACTS on Dubya s great recession US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Really.

When dipshit neocon/progressive/statist W left office, the national debt was about $10 trillion. Now it is $18 trillion...and this is improvement....really?

Try REAL math and HONESTY

Dubya's last F/Y budget ends

US DEBT
09/30/2009 $11,909,829,003,511.75

here is a fact now republicans tell me its not

The EPA was proposed by President Richard Nixon and began operation on December 2, 1970, after Nixon signed an executive order. The order establishing the EPA was ratified by committee hearings in the House and Senate.The agency is led by its Administrator, who is appointed by the president and approved by Congress. The current administrator is Gina McCarthy. The EPA is not a Cabinet department, but the administrator is normally given cabinet rank.

you know those unconstitutional executive orders Obama passed

Do you think that all republicans think that everything ever done by an republican was good? If Nixon did something illegal does that make it OK for obama to do something illegal?

next question: what the fuck is wrong with you?
the point I was making moron is executive orders are part of the constitution and you didn't grasp that ...so the real question here is whats the fuck is wrong with you???
So in your mind, a POTUS can execute an executive order for anything he/she wishes.

Why do we need a congress? Just make Obama king.

No Bubba, IN your false premise he can. In the real world, since Washington, Prez CAN and do use executive orders. IF you THINK they are unconstitutional, TAKE IT TO COURT. WHY HAS THE GOP FAILED TO DO THAT WITH THE 'DICTATOR'??/ LOL

here is a fact now republicans tell me its not

The EPA was proposed by President Richard Nixon and began operation on December 2, 1970, after Nixon signed an executive order. The order establishing the EPA was ratified by committee hearings in the House and Senate.The agency is led by its Administrator, who is appointed by the president and approved by Congress. The current administrator is Gina McCarthy. The EPA is not a Cabinet department, but the administrator is normally given cabinet rank.

you know those unconstitutional executive orders Obama passed

Do you think that all republicans think that everything ever done by an republican was good? If Nixon did something illegal does that make it OK for obama to do something illegal?

next question: what the fuck is wrong with you?
the point I was making moron is executive orders are part of the constitution and you didn't grasp that ...so the real question here is whats the fuck is wrong with you???

yes, dipshit. all presidents have used EOs. But the constitution limits what they can be used for. Obama, and possibly others, have violated that provision.

so, once again, if one president violates the constitution does that make it OK for future presidents to violate the constitution?

"yes, dipshit. all presidents have used EOs. But the constitution limits what they can be used for. Obama, and possibly others, have violated that provision."

Opinion. Why hasn't the conservative's taken this up in the system that actually judges it again, you know the Judicial branch? lol

national debt when obama took over --------------- 10T
national debt today--------------------------------------------18T
national debt when obama leaves--------------------->20T

nothing more needs to be said. Obama will have increased the national debt more than all previous presidents COMBINED.

That has been updated to $23 Trillion

Dubya's last F/Y debt

09/30/2009 $11,909,829,003,511.75

09/30/2014 $17,824,071,380,733.82

$23 TRILLION? ONLY if Obama doesn't veto the GOP's bills :beer:

Forum List

Back