Obama has increased government spending less than any president in at least a generation.

So then why aren't you counting the second TARP bill and Obama's military spending?
really you want to go their ??? ok Under Bush the tarp bill was passed by Bush ... under Obama he added to that bill for it to be paid back ... explain to us here how paying back borrowed money and getting interest becomes a debt??? still laughing at you .... according to the CBO and the government that money has been paid back with interest ... so again I ask you what bill or bills did obama sign into law that has caused 10 trillion dollars of debt I'll wait

So that's all Obama signed, that the money was to be paid back? That's all he signed? The money is to be paid back? And Obama carrying on a war for FIVE years beyond W doesn't make him responsible for any of the bills?

You haven't answered the question, the kool-aid, does it give you a buzz or just numb your sensations?
P.S
so are you saying none of the tarp money was paid back ...is this your statement here ??? because I did list ever regulation in the bill you want us to believe I've drank too much koolaid to believe the tarp bill was paid back ...is this your contention here??? or are you just spewing right wing nut job non-sense

Where did I say "none" of it was paid back? Typical liberal, you take every statement, take it to the complete extreme then debate that strawman.

So you're saying Obama spent no money? He hasn't spent a dime since he became President, just paid down debt?

You don't even get it, do you?
so now you're tap dancing ... you said obama cause debt by passing tarp and the budget bill ... that implies that its a debt to the country... by you saying he passed these bills you were claiming they weren't paid back ...yes you emplied they weren't paid back ... along with the koolaid remark over me saying the got paid back you tired to push it wasn't paid back ... my answer to you, yes you claimed it wasn't paid back you claimed that it was a debt ... I clearly asked for what bill did obama sign into law that caused a debt and you listed the tarp bills ... the fac t that you lost that debt now you're tap dancing around what you implied ...I never said obama didn't spend any money ....I clearly said obama has spent lessnmoney then any president to date ... all you republicans come out of the wood work trying to say he caused trillions of dollars of debt where I have shown you that statement is incorrect ... spending money for the country that is paid for doesn't become a debt ... thats something you fail to see ...if the money you spend gets paid for, and then some, that is not a debt ... again I never said or implied that obama never spent money ... I said he spent the least amount

Once again, as we've said numerous times, he didn't "spend the least amount". He INCREASED SPENDING... the least. But he still INCREASED SPENDING.

The 2008 Budget was $2.9 Trillion.
The 2011 Budget was $3.6 Trillion.

He has spent less..... compared to whom? Certainly not Bush. Or Clinton, or Bush Sr, or Reagan, or Carter, or any previous president in US history.

The *RATE OF SPENDING INCREASE* has been less.... but that's because he screwed up the economy. Not because he was somehow restrained.

And again, it doesn't matter. The entire purpose of spending less, is to avoid deficits and debt. If you spend less, but manage to triple the deficit and debt, what value did it have? If Obama was CEO of GM, they'd be bankrupt again.

And lastly, yes, technically the bailouts were paided back. But that's because government managed to conceal all the losses. EconTalk had a show about this, with Neil Barofsky. Neil was a member of the Federal regulators who audited the bailouts.

soundfiledesc
You can read or listen to the show here.

The government didn't include AIG in the "bank bailouts" because AIG wasn't part of TARP. They lost a ton of money on AIG. They also didn't include Allied Financial and similar banks, because they we not 'banks', they were part of GMAC. It was the auto bailout, not bank. Thus it wasn't included.

They also ignored the fact that many of the banks paid back the TARP loans, with other government loans under different programs. Thus X Bank, borrows $10 Billion from TARP. Then borrows $12 Billion from the "Small Business Loan Administration".

X Bank takes the $12 Billion, and pays back TARP, and some guy on the internet says "Look we made a profit!". DUH......

No we didn't.

Further, did you know the Federal Reserve was giving out loan guarantees?

So X Bank makes a bad loan. The Federal Reserve then gives a loan Guarantee. If the loan does not default, X Bank makes a profit. If the loan Defaults, X Bank has the Federal Reserve pay them back in full, and the Tax Payers cover the cost.

Of Course X Bank with zero to lose, and everything to gain, makes a profit, and pays back the TARP loans, and some guy on the internet says "Look we made a profit!".

No... we didn't. Trust me.

So that's all Obama signed, that the money was to be paid back? That's all he signed? The money is to be paid back? And Obama carrying on a war for FIVE years beyond W doesn't make him responsible for any of the bills?

You haven't answered the question, the kool-aid, does it give you a buzz or just numb your sensations?
P.S
so are you saying none of the tarp money was paid back ...is this your statement here ??? because I did list ever regulation in the bill you want us to believe I've drank too much koolaid to believe the tarp bill was paid back ...is this your contention here??? or are you just spewing right wing nut job non-sense
still laughi

Where did I say "none" of it was paid back? Typical liberal, you take every statement, take it to the complete extreme then debate that strawman.

So you're saying Obama spent no money? He hasn't spent a dime since he became President, just paid down debt?

so now you're tap dancing ... you said obama cause debt by passing tarp and the budget bill ... that implies that its a debt to the country... by you saying he passed these bills you were claiming they weren't paid back ...yes you emplied they weren't paid back ... along with the koolaid remark over me saying the got paid back you tired to push it wasn't paid back ... my answer to you, yes you claimed it wasn't paid back you claimed that it was a debt ... I clearly asked for what bill did obama sign into law that caused a debt and you listed the tarp bills ... the fac t that you lost that debt now you're tap dancing around what you impled

I said the tarp added to the debt, you are the idiot who thinks that if a dollar was paid back none of that debt counts
Bush's tarp added to the debt, but then Bush's tarp got paid back which eliminated that increase, then Obama pissed it away permanently making it Obama's debt. But democrats count this debt as "Bush's fault." According to democrats Obama didn't spend it, Bush did. It's one of the funny games they like to play.
really you want to go their ??? ok Under Bush the tarp bill was passed by Bush ... under Obama he added to that bill for it to be paid back ... explain to us here how paying back borrowed money and getting interest becomes a debt??? still laughing at you .... according to the CBO and the government that money has been paid back with interest ... so again I ask you what bill or bills did obama sign into law that has caused 10 trillion dollars of debt I'll wait

P.S

so now you're tap dancing ... you said obama cause debt by passing tarp and the budget bill ... that implies that its a debt to the country... by you saying he passed these bills you were claiming they weren't paid back ...yes you emplied they weren't paid back ... along with the koolaid remark over me saying the got paid back you tired to push it wasn't paid back ... my answer to you, yes you claimed it wasn't paid back you claimed that it was a debt ... I clearly asked for what bill did obama sign into law that caused a debt and you listed the tarp bills ... the fac t that you lost that debt now you're tap dancing around what you implied ...I never said obama didn't spend any money ....I clearly said obama has spent lessnmoney then any president to date ... all you republicans come out of the wood work trying to say he caused trillions of dollars of debt where I have shown you that statement is incorrect ... spending money for the country that is paid for doesn't become a debt ... thats something you fail to see ...if the money you spend gets paid for, and then some, that is not a debt ... again I never said or implied that obama never spent money ... I said he spent the least amount

Once again, as we've said numerous times, he didn't "spend the least amount". He INCREASED SPENDING... the least. But he still INCREASED SPENDING.

The 2008 Budget was $2.9 Trillion.
The 2011 Budget was $3.6 Trillion.

He has spent less..... compared to whom? Certainly not Bush. Or Clinton, or Bush Sr, or Reagan, or Carter, or any previous president in US history.

The *RATE OF SPENDING INCREASE* has been less.... but that's because he screwed up the economy. Not because he was somehow restrained.

And again, it doesn't matter. The entire purpose of spending less, is to avoid deficits and debt. If you spend less, but manage to triple the deficit and debt, what value did it have? If Obama was CEO of GM, they'd be bankrupt again.

And lastly, yes, technically the bailouts were paided back. But that's because government managed to conceal all the losses. EconTalk had a show about this, with Neil Barofsky. Neil was a member of the Federal regulators who audited the bailouts.

soundfiledesc
You can read or listen to the show here.

The government didn't include AIG in the "bank bailouts" because AIG wasn't part of TARP. They lost a ton of money on AIG. They also didn't include Allied Financial and similar banks, because they we not 'banks', they were part of GMAC. It was the auto bailout, not bank. Thus it wasn't included.

They also ignored the fact that many of the banks paid back the TARP loans, with other government loans under different programs. Thus X Bank, borrows $10 Billion from TARP. Then borrows $12 Billion from the "Small Business Loan Administration".

X Bank takes the $12 Billion, and pays back TARP, and some guy on the internet says "Look we made a profit!". DUH......

No we didn't.

Further, did you know the Federal Reserve was giving out loan guarantees?

So X Bank makes a bad loan. The Federal Reserve then gives a loan Guarantee. If the loan does not default, X Bank makes a profit. If the loan Defaults, X Bank has the Federal Reserve pay them back in full, and the Tax Payers cover the cost.

Of Course X Bank with zero to lose, and everything to gain, makes a profit, and pays back the TARP loans, and some guy on the internet says "Look we made a profit!".

No... we didn't. Trust me.
and once again you're wrong ... with all of your disinformation here, trust me is the last thing I would say about you... your post its full of misquotes and misinformation ...

kaz said:
Democrats never set a standard they hold themselves to.
could you stay on topic which is Obama has spent less then any president to date ....not here to debate what you think dems are

The only post which is on topic to you is to laugh like Beevis and Butthead and say heh heh heh, yeah, heh heh heh, Republicans are stupid heh heh heh Obama spent less than anyone, and then you reply, heh heh heh, yeah, heh heh heh, he did heh heh heh.

Listening to liberals analyze an issue is very educational, the incredible insights you have.
can't stand it when you're wrong ... thats why I laugh at you republican idiots here... when they are proven to be wrong like I proved you were ya just can't stand it heh heh heh heh heh heh

Last edited:

P.S

so now you're tap dancing ... you said obama cause debt by passing tarp and the budget bill ... that implies that its a debt to the country... by you saying he passed these bills you were claiming they weren't paid back ...yes you emplied they weren't paid back ... along with the koolaid remark over me saying the got paid back you tired to push it wasn't paid back ... my answer to you, yes you claimed it wasn't paid back you claimed that it was a debt ... I clearly asked for what bill did obama sign into law that caused a debt and you listed the tarp bills ... the fac t that you lost that debt now you're tap dancing around what you impled

I said the tarp added to the debt, you are the idiot who thinks that if a dollar was paid back none of that debt counts
now this is price less ... so when every month I pay off my credit cards completely its still a debt... you are one dumb fuck

Fact is, Clinton up till about 97, or 98, never even proposed a balanced budget. If you look at the budgets he proposed from 1993 to 1996, he had no intention of ever having anything less than $200B deficits for the next 20 years. If not for Congress cutting his bloated budgets, we never would have even gotten close to a balanced budget.
Democrats scream and cry for government to spend more money, then take credit for republicans cutting budgets. Democrats are spoiled crybabies and liars.

Democrats say the war was over oil, then they oppose domestic exploration and whine about high gas prices.

They demand jobs then take more money away from the people who provide them.

They say paying taxes is patriotic while they demonize the people who pay them.

They attack the American Koch brothers for buying American elections while they support foreign George Soros buying American elections and are good with the Chinese buying Gore.

They attack Republicans for cheating on their taxes when they take deductions while they excuse Rangle and Daschle and other Democrats for tax fraud.

They call anyone who doesn't want to let any foreigner walk across our border to take a job from an American xenophobic while demanding we not let companies offshore any job to any foreigner to keep their prices competitive

could you stay on topic which is Obama has spent less then any president to date ....not here to debate what you think dems are

We already covered that topic. Obama may "increased spending by less" than previous presidents, but he still spent more than what was collected in taxes, having the record deficits by Trillions for 4 years running, driving up the national debt, faster and to a higher level, than ever before in US history. The fact he increased spending AT ALL... when tax revenue was declining... proves he's an idiot.

So that topic has been covered, and it's over with. Obama is still a moron, just not as much of a moron as he could have been, but still far more of a moron than he should have been. Topic is finished.
Fact is, Clinton up till about 97, or 98, never even proposed a balanced budget. If you look at the budgets he proposed from 1993 to 1996, he had no intention of ever having anything less than $200B deficits for the next 20 years. If not for Congress cutting his bloated budgets, we never would have even gotten close to a balanced budget.
Democrats scream and cry for government to spend more money, then take credit for republicans cutting budgets. Democrats are spoiled crybabies and liars.

Democrats say the war was over oil, then they oppose domestic exploration and whine about high gas prices.

They attack the American Koch brothers for buying American elections while they support foreign George Soros buying American elections and are good with the Chinese buying Gore.

They attack Republicans for cheating on their taxes when they take deductions while they excuse Rangle and Daschle and other Democrats for tax fraud.

They call anyone who doesn't want to let any foreigner walk across our border to take a job from an American xenophobic while demanding we not let companies offshore any job to any foreigner to keep their prices competitive

We already covered that topic. Obama may "increased spending by less" than previous presidents, but he still spent more than what was collected in taxes, having the record deficits by Trillions for 4 years running, driving up the national debt, faster and to a higher level, than ever before in US history. The fact he increased spending AT ALL... when tax revenue was declining... proves he's an idiot.

So that topic has been covered, and it's over with. Obama is still a moron, just not as much of a moron as he could have been, but still far more of a moron than he should have been. Topic is finished.
your just as ignorant as the rest of these republicans here

You're a moron.
and you're a clueless moron
You're a dumb ass.
coming from you, it really doesn't say much ...

P.S

NONE of our debt has ever been paid back. Thats why it keeps growing. We are only paying the interest on the debt, nothing on the principal. AND, we are paying the interest using borrowed money.

We are borrowing money to pay the interest on money that we borrowed in previous years----------that is the height of fiscal stupidity.
you are talking out your ass again tarp was paid back... so that is one debt that was paid so your statement is wrong

not the same thing, some of the GM bailout was also paid back, but the people who bought US treasury notes were not paid anything on the principal, just interest. Our debt was not reduced when tarp was paid back or when GM bailout money was paid back.
so yor're saying again, that the cbo is wrong again ... boy are you in the wrong business

P.S

NONE of our debt has ever been paid back. Thats why it keeps growing. We are only paying the interest on the debt, nothing on the principal. AND, we are paying the interest using borrowed money.

We are borrowing money to pay the interest on money that we borrowed in previous years----------that is the height of fiscal stupidity.
you are talking out your ass again tarp was paid back... so that is one debt that was paid so your statement is wrong
You are talking out your ass again, tarp was spent again after it was paid back... so that is one debt that was not paid so your statement is wrong.
you have proof of your statement here skippy ????even your republican buddies said it was paid back ... so do you have some sort of special info from the government that nobody else gets??? or are you just another republican dumb fuck

not the same thing, some of the GM bailout was also paid back, but the people who bought US treasury notes were not paid anything on the principal, just interest. Our debt was not reduced when tarp was paid back or when GM bailout money was paid back.
The GM bail-out???
We (The taxpayers) are out $11 trillion dollars of the money that we loaned to GM and we will never get the money back.
you're funny real funny .. according to the cbo 700 billion was borrowed so you'r a bit off here I would say... 11 trillion, I'm still laughing ... do you republicans ever get anything right???

kaz said:

The only post which is on topic to you is to laugh like Beevis and Butthead and say heh heh heh, yeah, heh heh heh, Republicans are stupid heh heh heh Obama spent less than anyone, and then you reply, heh heh heh, yeah, heh heh heh, he did heh heh heh.

Listening to liberals analyze an issue is very educational, the incredible insights you have.
can't stand it when you're wrong ... thats what I laugh ate you republican idiots here... when they are proven to be wrong like I proved you were ya just can't stand it heh heh heh heh heh heh

LOL, you say I'm a Republican then say I am the idiot. Republicans are just a shade off of you. When they are in power, they do the same things you do. Just a little more of some and a little less than other. I am an animal completely different from you both. What an idiot.

and once again you're wrong ... with all of your disinformation here, trust me is the last thing I would say about you... your post its full of misquotes and misinformation ...

You have the right to remain ignorant and wrong.
you have said one right tghe here yet ... you take half truths then try to tap dance around the actual facts... none of what you have posted is anywhere near right... its all lies

now this is price less ... so when every month I pay off my credit cards completely its still a debt... you are one dumb fuck

No, you are arguing that if you send your credit card company a dollar, then you paid off the whole bill. Your standard was that if anything in TARP was paid back the whole thing doesn't count.

kaz said:

can't stand it when you're wrong ... thats what I laugh ate you republican idiots here... when they are proven to be wrong like I proved you were ya just can't stand it heh heh heh heh heh heh

LOL, you say I'm a Republican then say I am the idiot. Republicans are just a shade off of you. When they are in power, they do the same things you do. Just a little more of some and a little less than other. I am an animal completely different from you both. What an idiot.
get those feet tapping
:dance:

We (The taxpayers) are out $11 trillion dollars of the money that we loaned to GM and we will never get the money back.
you're funny real funny .. according to the cbo 700 billion was borrowed so you'r a bit off here I would say... 11 trillion, I'm still laughing ... do you republicans ever get anything right???

He meant 11 billion, dumb ass. Did you seriously not realize that?

No, you are arguing that if you send your credit card company a dollar, then you paid off the whole bill. Your standard was that if anything in TARP was paid back the whole thing doesn't count.
so you're saying none of the tarp money was paid back thats your position??? so when the people who borrow money then pay it back it doesn't count ... hope you don't do taxes for a living...or work for a bank ...so when I paid off my house its not paid off??? I never knew that... so I guess when gm and the other paid off their debt it was never paid ... got it ...

He meant 11 billion, dumb ass. Did you seriously not realize that?
you know when republicans talk its real hard to believe what they meant... when you challenge it you're always wrong in their eyes

kaz said:

get those feet tapping
:dance:

Dancing? W spent like a Democrat and Obama used the military like W. You are two peas in a pod. The two of you are driving down the same road just fighting over who gets to sit behind the steering wheel.

no I'm not ...I saying if you, as a company borrow money from the government and then you pay it off its no longer a debt to the government ...that's what I said and nothing else ...what you said here is pure non-sense ... you're saying when the car companies and the banks paid back their loans, that they didn't pay it back ... that's non-sense

so you're saying none of the tarp money was paid back thats your position??? so when the people who borrow money then pay it back it doesn't count ... hope you don't do taxes for a living...or work for a bank ...so when I paid off my house its not paid off??? I never knew that... so I guess when gm and the other paid off their debt it was never paid ... got it ...

:wtf:

Wow, you just repeated again what I said you said and still don't get it. I'm starting a pre-remedial reading class for liberals who aren't ready for actual remedial reading yet. Seawytch is signed up, I'll add you to the list.

Forum List

Back