Obama has hit the 58% mark!

If Romney receives large contributions = He's an evil corp master who is in bed with the 1%

If Obama receives large contribution = Well, that's how the game is played.

:lmao:

And as we see with Obama hosting $40,000 a plate dinners with his top 1% of the 1%, he hates this system!!!

Sure he does. For everyone but him. That's how it works though, and the supporters lap it up and beg for more. We've been reduced to simpletons in the eyes of the elite. They can say whatever, and this happens on both sides, but I find conservatives are far more into actually thinking than their rivals. They tell you one thing, do another and then you cheer for them.

2blthink2.gif

the democrats are suffering from a major case of the doublethink.

it's left up to the watcher to decide which side of what face is truthful...which requires investigation...

Who cares? That's the way you want to play the game. The solution has been pooh-poohed, so crawl back into your cardboard boxes and sleep it off. Your masters will work it out, since you're bound to let them.

i didn't see you whining like this in TM's thread on the subject. hmmmmmmmmmm.....

If Romney receives large contributions = He's an evil corp master who is in bed with the 1%

And as we see with Obama hosting $40,000 a plate dinners with his top 1% of the 1%, he hates this system!!!

Sure he does. For everyone but him. That's how it works though, and the supporters lap it up and beg for more. We've been reduced to simpletons in the eyes of the elite. They can say whatever, and this happens on both sides, but I find conservatives are far more into actually thinking than their rivals. They tell you one thing, do another and then you cheer for them.

I think it more has to do with who's hero is in the Oval Office. For a good 6 years reps excused and apologized for anything Bush did. I think Obama gets re-elected (although I'm not as sure as I was pre-Obamacare passing and F + F) and we'll see how many years of Obama disaster it'll take for them to turn on him. Reps did finally turn on Bush his last year or 2.

Although this case may be different. The natural white guilt of liberals may prevent them from ever openly constructively criticizing or questioning the first black president. 8 disastrous years might not be enough, hell 20 prolly wouldn't.

43% of Obamas money comes from small donors

13% of robmoneys money comes from small donors

43% of Obamas money comes from small donors

13% of robmoneys money comes from small donors

Summary data for Barack Obama | OpenSecrets
According to Open Secrets, Obama gets 58% of his individual contributions from 'large individual' contributors.

Obama gets MORE money from the evil 1%-ers than from the middle and lower class donors.

I guess getting more of your money from the evil 1%-ers is only bad if your name is Romney.
this is why your party is dying TM.

Who cares? That's the way you want to play the game. The solution has been pooh-poohed, so crawl back into your cardboard boxes and sleep it off. Your masters will work it out, since you're bound to let them.

i didn't see you whining like this in TM's thread on the subject. hmmmmmmmmmm.....

I also enjoyed Konnie's little dig on the poor.

Had a republican said something like that, her heart would be in full bleed-mode.

(for a similar example, think back to Obama mocking the mentally and physically handicapped and his supporters shrugging their shoulders)

Public campaign finance reform!! Kon was a big believer that congress would pass such an act and that they would hold themselves to jail terms should they breach the agreement...or at least, should they get caught breaching the agreement.

lmfao.

Public campaign finance reform!! Kon was a big believer that congress would pass such an act and that they would hold themselves to jail terms should they breach the agreement...or at least, should they get caught breaching the agreement.

lmfao.

Well to be fair the dems never had an enormous majority in congress at the same time as having the oval office so they weren't able to get this done...........................

lmfao.

Well to be fair the dems never had an enormous majority in congress at the same time as having the oval office so they weren't able to get this done...........................

Huh uh......it would have solved Nathan anyway. Gun running, illegal wars, roughshod over the constiution, suspension of centuries old human rights....oh, yeah. I can see that the Dems were really pushing for this.....:eusa_whistle:

And MAN, they would have thrown each other in the clink should they take money from special interests....

Had a republican said something like that, her heart would be in full bleed-mode.

(for a similar example, think back to Obama mocking the mentally and physically handicapped and his supporters shrugging their shoulders)

No dig at the poor. It was analogy that describes those who decry the system that enslaves them, but are unwilling to accept the simple solution. You're a little late to the party on this particular piece of imagery.

stupid is as stupid does i guess....

just love all of the repub comments on obama sucking up to the rich due to having large donors hit 58%....

While Mitt Romney's donations are 87% from the 'rich' large donors, 1% from PACS and the rest from small individual donors.

guess if we go by all of the conservative right wing talk above, then Obama is the BETTER Candidate to vote for since he is least in the pockets of the wealthy and Pacs, and Mitten's would be the worst of the worst, eh?

mitt romney contributions

SOURCE OF FUNDS

• PACs: Contributions from political action committees.
  • INDIVIDUALS: All contributions from individuals, both large and small.
  • CANDIDATE: Contributions and loans from the candidate to his/her own campaign.
  • OTHER: All other revenues collected by the campaign, such as interest from the campaign's bank accounts and loans from outside sources. This figure is calculated by subtracting PAC, individual and candidate money from total revenues received. Negative numbers generally indicate an accounting error by the campaign.
HOW TO READ THIS CHART: PAC contributions and large donations from individuals are the two biggest sources of contributions for most members of Congress. House members have typically drawn upon PACs for just over 40 percent of their campaign cash — a figure that's held fairly steady in recent years. In the Senate, where campaigns are more expensive, PACs typically account for less than that. In presidential elections, most of the money raised by candidates comes from individual donors. PAC contributions make up only a tiny fraction of candidate receipts, usually about 1 percent.
As the costs of running for office have escalated, more and more candidates are jumping into politics using their personal fortune, rather than trying to raise all those funds from other people.Though they don't lack for money, self-funded candidates typically lose at the polls.

Mitt Romney

legend1.gif

legend2.gif
Individual Contributions
- Small Individual Contributions
- Large Individual Contributions
$120,076,230
$15,660,063 (13%)
$105,541,069 (87%)(99%)
legend3.gif
PAC Contributions $766,853(1%)
legend4.gif
Candidate self-financing$52,500(0%)
legend5.gif
Federal Funds$0(0%)
legend6.gif
Other$127,544(0%)

update source link: http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/candidate.php?id=N00000286

Last edited:

No dig at the poor. It was analogy that describes those who decry the system that enslaves them, but are unwilling to accept the simple solution. You're a little late to the party on this particular piece of imagery.

I agree, it was a simple friendly analogy that any homeless person wouldn't be offended by. Just like Obama's special olympics remark got nothing but laughs and smiles from the mentally and physcially handicapped.

I agree, it was a simple friendly analogy that any homeless person wouldn't be offended by. Just like Obama's special olympics remark got nothing but laughs and smiles from the mentally and physcially handicapped.

Off topic and irrelevant.

Off topic and irrelevant.

In terms of insulting those with disadvantages, as you did, it's perfectly on topic.

It's also on topic in terms of the different level of standards for the team you don't vote for and the hypocrises of you hyperpartisans.

Last edited:

Yeah. How bout that. He has no problem sucking down all that money from the 1% when it comes to his campaign $40,000 dollar a plate dinners but for anything else they are "evil"

Of course he's a 1%er himself. Does that make him evil as well?? Nah. He's THE ONE. lol

Just curious...

If Obama is at 58%, what is Romney at?

Forum List

Back