Obama has an epiphany. Finally admits we are at war.

Kerry is about as smart senator as you can get. He pummeled Bush in the debates and came very close to taking the presidency.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....yeah...he only lost by 3 million votes...a very close race:lol:
Here's how smart Kerry is.....
"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority
to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe
that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real
and grave threat to our security."
- Sen. John F Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

:booze:

PatekPhiippe has been dishonest. I called him on the number of votes that Bush beat Kerry by and told him to check the figures. He did check the figures and changed the number above from 13 million to 3 million without notifying us that he made an error. He did this five minutes after I notified him of his error.

Typical wingnut reactionary loony behavior from one thinks the only important thing here is to cry and lie, to mumble and bumble.

Little peepee, you are simply pathetic.

So President Obama finally admits that we are in a war against terrorists? I wonder if he will now allow that language that he pretty well erased for several months?

Unfortunately, he persists in claiming that al Qaeda wants us dead and wants to attack America because of GITMO. By inference we might assume they will love us once we close GITMO and won't want to attack us if we house their brethren in Illinois.

Al Qaeda, however is pretty explicit that they now want to kill us because of our drones:
AFP: Qaeda says CIA attack 'revenge' for drones: SITE

And before GITMO, they wanted to kill us because of our presence in the Middle East.

I wonder what the next reason will be for why they want to kill us?

But at least the President now knows we're in a war. He just hasn't yet figured out why.

So President Obama finally admits that we are in a war against terrorists? I wonder if he will now allow that language that he pretty well erased for several months?

Unfortunately, he persists in claiming that al Qaeda wants us dead and wants to attack America because of GITMO. By inference we might assume they will love us once we close GITMO and won't want to attack us if we house their brethren in Illinois.

Al Qaeda, however is pretty explicit that they now want to kill us because of our drones:

And before GITMO, they wanted to kill us because of our presence in the Middle East.

But at least the President now knows we're in a war. He just hasn't yet figured out why.

Correct. It all started when Osama bin Laden's Al Qaeda DECLARED WAR on the United States under Clinton because we had troops in Saudi Arabia. They will continue to find reasons...even if we completely disengage from every single "overseas contingency operation".

PatekPhilippe has ignored my calling him out on his falsification of Post 76 above.

and here's another story not heavily covered by the MSM. The CIA suicide bomber offered Zawahiri to his CIA handlers!!!!! That's how he suckered them into the trap.
I called this one the day it happened...it was all too obvious.

Bomber Lured CIA to Meeting Saying He Met Zawahiri - ABC News

Hopefully Obama has had his eyes opened by the panty bomber and the assassination of 7 CIA agents...we are in fact...AT WAR....like conservatives have been saying for the last 9 years.

The reason that they are pissed is because for the last 100-200+ years we have persisted in meddling in their business, have taken over their countries, and have persisted in our attitudes that they owe us their natural resources, and that we have some actual right to antiquities and natural treasures stolen from them.

Last edited:
Here's a link that debunks the current rightwing talking point lie.

Yet another Big Republican Lie about President Obama - Daily Kos TV (beta)

lmao.....thanks for actually proving that republicans didn't lie here....obama never once said "war"....and that is what has been claimed....obama stopped using war on terrorism

three cheers for ravi unwittingly proving that obama did in fact stop using the term "war".....

:lol::lol:

"When the system fails, it is my responsibility," Obama said.

The White House is anxious to resolve and move beyond the issue, which threatens to damage the president politically and distract further from his agenda.

Republicans have pointed to the attack and Obama's handling of it to criticize him as weak on national security -- a perennial election-season charge against Democrats that has sometimes been effective in the past. His language Thursday was strong.

"We are at war, we are at war against al-Qaida," he said. "We will do whatever it takes to defeat them."
Obama accepts blame for anti-terror failures The Post and Courier - Charleston SC newspaper

It was one of the few times that Obama has actually owned up to HIS responsibility. Still way weak in execution and I still don't think he really has a clue about what it is all about. I think he is in cover his behind mode and I am still not convinced that he cares what happens to America while he does care that Obama retain his messianic allure.

But I'll give him credit for getting something right here.

i don't understand...ravi claimed her link proved republicans lied that obama stopped using the war on terror....however, a brief view of her link shows obama did in fact stop using "war"......

his speech yesterday was the first time in a long time, if ever....

ravi actually proved republicans didn't lie....all obama kept saying was terrorism....not we are at war....

i don't understand...ravi claimed her link proved republicans lied that obama stopped using the war on terror....however, a brief view of her link shows obama did in fact stop using "war"......

ravi actually proved republicans didn't lie....all obama kept saying was terrorism....not we are at war....

Obama's handlers came on TV the other day and pointed out 6 times where Obama said the word "war" (2 times) and "terrorism" (4 times) in the last 11 months.....but they were used in the context of blaming Bush for something...not anything happening since he took office.

Obviously you only watched the portion at the beginning...of the Republican talking heads.

But thanks for the rep!

Watch and see what happens if, god forbid...there is another attack and it's successful.

Oh now it's god forbid.. Your side used the terror attack 911 as a political football. This kind of commentary is as contemptible as it was back then. You don't know how voters are reacting to anything, you just know how Neocon Repubs are reacting.

Maybe you'll be surprised once again in November.

Bullcrap.

YOUR side used the terror attack as a political weapon. We all lived through it and witnessed it.

We got attacked. The BUSH Administration chose to react. YOUR SIDE then libeled and slandered and slimed him unmercifully from a point not too long after 9/11 (your side only held off that long because you politically calculated that any sooner might back fire on you) and persisted until his second term was over. No. Wait. Your side contined even after that.

Any effort by the Bush Adminsitration to justify what they were doing HAD to make some reference to the 9/11 attacks, yet every reference to the 9/11 attacks BY the Bush Adminsitration became a bullshit excuse for YOUR SIDE to dishonestly claim, "See? They're tying to politicize 9/11 !!"

YOUR SIDE was blithely DOING the very thing you falsely accused the Bush Adminsitration (and supporters) of doing.

Yes. YOUR SIDE IS JUST THAT hypocritical.

Watch and see what happens if, god forbid...there is another attack and it's successful.

You can't hide it. Your hate. You wish for a terrorist attack because you hate obama more than you care about americans or solving problems.

What a douchebag thing to say. Considering the source, such douchebag posts are not unexpected.

But some examples of bent tight's enormous capacity for being a mega-douche are worse than others.

Forum List

Back