Obama has a ghost writer, probably so, hilarious article.

Discussion in 'Media' started by Maple, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    Everyone is saying Palin had a ghost writer, they all do, don't kid yourself. This article is hysterical especially his genius at poem writing.:lol

:American Thinker: Who Wrote Dreams From My Father?

According to a surprisingly harsh 2006 article by liberal publisher Peter Osnos, which detailed the "ruthlessness" of Obama's literary ascent, Simon & Schuster canceled the contract. Dystel did not give up. She solicited Times Book, the division of Random House at which Osnos was publisher. He met with Obama, took his word that he could finish the book, and authorized a new advance of $40,000.

Then suddenly, somehow, the muse descended on Obama and transformed him from a struggling, unschooled amateur, with no paper trail beyond an unremarkable legal note and a poem about fig-stomping apes, into a literary superstar.

To be sure, it is not unusual for successful politicians to hire ghostwriters -- John McCain gives due credit to Mark Salter for his memoir, Faith of My Fathers -- but it is highly unusual for unknown young Chicago lawyers to hire ghostwriters.

I have attempted to contact Dystel by phone and email without success. It is highly unlikely she refashioned the book, and Osnos admittedly did not. If my suspicions are correct, the ghost on this book shared many of Obama's sentiments, spoke his language and spent considerable time reworking the text.

I bought Bill Ayers' 2001 memoir, Fugitive

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  2. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    because some wingnut says he had a ghostwriter....

and sarah palin is too stupid to string two sentences together...

obama must have had a ghostwriter. he was the president of the harvard law review. but you wouldn't know what kind of skills that takes. i'm sure palin got something similar being a hockey mom.

:cuckoo:

3. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    If you would have read the entire article you would have seen that he did not turn in one article on law review. They couldn't find one. Did you happen to see that hysterical poem he wrote about Apes?? That's real literary talent, is it not?????:lol::lol::lol::lol:

4. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    Here's another on " It takes a Village." By Hillary Clinton and her ghost writer.

It Takes a Village - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clinton has been criticized for not giving credit to a ghostwriter in connection with It Takes a Village. The majority of the book was reportedly written by ghostwriter Barbara Feinman.[8] When the book was first announced in April 1995, The New York Times reported publisher Simon & Schuster as saying "The book will actually be written by Barbara Feinman, a journalism professor at Georgetown University in Washington. Ms. Feinman will conduct a series of interviews with Mrs. Clinton, who will help edit the resulting text."[

5. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,114
    i remember everyone ooohing and ahhhing that Obama wrote his own speeches and then I read an interview with his head speechwriter in the NYT

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/20/fashion/20speechwriter.html

So he probably did have a ghostwriter as well.

6. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    My point is, that they are accusing Palin of a Ghost writer, they ALL use ghost writers it's just to what extent they do. Palin reads like she speaks, which tells me she had first hand knowledge and was very close to the writings of the words and the quotes that went into her book. There was no obvious personality change from the way she speaks to the way her book reads. She had help with the typing of it, the punctuation to make sure it was correct and accurate, just as all other politicians who are not professional writers do.

Palin's book, others feature a ghostwriter's touch - Yahoo! News

What do Sarah Palin and Bill Clinton have in common? Both are book authors but neither wrote their memoirs completely on their own.

Ghostwriter, collaborator, co-author. These sidekick writers go by many names, but they all serve the same purpose: to get the book finished. A true ghostwriter gets no public credit for the work but in reality there are varying degrees of involvement by these pinch writers

7. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    I can't beleive that anyone thought that Obama wrote his own speeches, he just is not that smart.:lol:

8. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    I have friends at Harvard - I suspect you do too. Have any of them been able to trace a Law Review article by Obama?

It's an open secret who Obama's ghostwriter was.

9. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,114
    A real wizard of uuuhhhhhs he was he was he was he was

10. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    If anyone is interested, there is a fiction book called 'Ghost' (can't remember offhand who wrote it) but it is about a ghostwriter who is chosen to write with a politician. It's an accurate portrayal of the process and the plot is reasonable too so worth a read.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1