Obama has a ghost writer, probably so, hilarious article.

Maple

Mar 15, 2009
Everyone is saying Palin had a ghost writer, they all do, don't kid yourself. This article is hysterical especially his genius at poem writing.:lol

:American Thinker: Who Wrote Dreams From My Father?

According to a surprisingly harsh 2006 article by liberal publisher Peter Osnos, which detailed the "ruthlessness" of Obama's literary ascent, Simon & Schuster canceled the contract. Dystel did not give up. She solicited Times Book, the division of Random House at which Osnos was publisher. He met with Obama, took his word that he could finish the book, and authorized a new advance of $40,000.

Then suddenly, somehow, the muse descended on Obama and transformed him from a struggling, unschooled amateur, with no paper trail beyond an unremarkable legal note and a poem about fig-stomping apes, into a literary superstar.

To be sure, it is not unusual for successful politicians to hire ghostwriters -- John McCain gives due credit to Mark Salter for his memoir, Faith of My Fathers -- but it is highly unusual for unknown young Chicago lawyers to hire ghostwriters.

I have attempted to contact Dystel by phone and email without success. It is highly unlikely she refashioned the book, and Osnos admittedly did not. If my suspicions are correct, the ghost on this book shared many of Obama's sentiments, spoke his language and spent considerable time reworking the text.

I bought Bill Ayers' 2001 memoir, Fugitive

Last edited:
because some wingnut says he had a ghostwriter....

and sarah palin is too stupid to string two sentences together...

obama must have had a ghostwriter. he was the president of the harvard law review. but you wouldn't know what kind of skills that takes. i'm sure palin got something similar being a hockey mom.

:cuckoo:

Last edited:

obama must have had a ghostwriter. he was the president of the harvard law review. but you wouldn't know what kind of skills that takes. i'm sure palin got something similar being a hockey mom.

If you would have read the entire article you would have seen that he did not turn in one article on law review. They couldn't find one. Did you happen to see that hysterical poem he wrote about Apes?? That's real literary talent, is it not?????:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Here's another on " It takes a Village." By Hillary Clinton and her ghost writer.

It Takes a Village - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clinton has been criticized for not giving credit to a ghostwriter in connection with It Takes a Village. The majority of the book was reportedly written by ghostwriter Barbara Feinman.[8] When the book was first announced in April 1995, The New York Times reported publisher Simon & Schuster as saying "The book will actually be written by Barbara Feinman, a journalism professor at Georgetown University in Washington. Ms. Feinman will conduct a series of interviews with Mrs. Clinton, who will help edit the resulting text."[

My point is, that they are accusing Palin of a Ghost writer, they ALL use ghost writers it's just to what extent they do. Palin reads like she speaks, which tells me she had first hand knowledge and was very close to the writings of the words and the quotes that went into her book. There was no obvious personality change from the way she speaks to the way her book reads. She had help with the typing of it, the punctuation to make sure it was correct and accurate, just as all other politicians who are not professional writers do.

Palin's book, others feature a ghostwriter's touch - Yahoo! News

What do Sarah Palin and Bill Clinton have in common? Both are book authors but neither wrote their memoirs completely on their own.

Ghostwriter, collaborator, co-author. These sidekick writers go by many names, but they all serve the same purpose: to get the book finished. A true ghostwriter gets no public credit for the work but in reality there are varying degrees of involvement by these pinch writers

Last edited:

I have friends at Harvard - I suspect you do too. Have any of them been able to trace a Law Review article by Obama?

It's an open secret who Obama's ghostwriter was.

If anyone is interested, there is a fiction book called 'Ghost' (can't remember offhand who wrote it) but it is about a ghostwriter who is chosen to write with a politician. It's an accurate portrayal of the process and the plot is reasonable too so worth a read.

From the American Thinker link above, you libs call this guy smart???? LOLOLOLOL

Tracing Obama's literary ascent is complicated by what Politico.com calls a "scant paper trail." That trail begins at Occidental College whose literary magazine published two of Obama's poems -- "Pop" and "Underground" -- in 1981. Obama calls it some "very bad poetry," and he does not sell himself short. From "Underground":

Under water grottos, caverns

Filled with apes

That eat figs.

Stepping on the figs

That the apes

Eat, they crunch.

The apes howl, bare

Their fangs, dance . . .

It would be another decade before Obama had anything in print and this an edited, unsigned student case comment in the Harvard Law Review unearthed by Politico. Attorneys who reviewed the piece for Politico described it as "a fairly standard example of the genre."

But he can write his own book??????????????????? Yeah Buddy. ROTHLMO

i remember everyone ooohing and ahhhing that Obama wrote his own speeches and then I read an interview with his head speechwriter in the NYT

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/20/fashion/20speechwriter.html

So he probably did have a ghostwriter as well.

I can't beleive that anyone thought that Obama wrote his own speeches, he just is not that smart.:lol:

All Presidents have speechwriters... nothing to do with being smart... more a recognition that words - not as much what you say but how you say it - is important. Also, Presidents do not have time to write their own speeches.

I find it interesting that the most famous words in the world have mainly been written by people who are forever nameless.

i remember everyone ooohing and ahhhing that Obama wrote his own speeches and then I read an interview with his head speechwriter in the NYT

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/20/fashion/20speechwriter.html

So he probably did have a ghostwriter as well.

I can't beleive that anyone thought that Obama wrote his own speeches, he just is not that smart.:lol:

All Presidents have speechwriters... nothing to do with being smart... more a recognition that words - not as much what you say but how you say it - is important. Also, Presidents do not have time to write their own speeches.

I find it interesting that the most famous words in the world have mainly been written by people who are forever nameless.

I was referring to candidate Obama's speeches

We all know that he doesn't program his teleprompter

The two sentences you wrote were completely wrong such as starting them with "because", "but", or "and" and "..." is not a proper way to punctuate any sentence. The name Sarah Palin should be capitalized just like Harvard should be. The word "I'm" get capitalized since it is the beginning of a sentence.

Normally I don't criticize people for not being able to string two sentenced together but since you decided to be criticize others I decided to point out your own inability to string two sentences together.

I think that she is smarter than you are because she does not quote late night talk show hosts and comedians as sources of factual news and you do. :lol:

The two sentences you wrote were completely wrong such as starting them with "because", "but", or "and" and "..." is not a proper way to punctuate any sentence. The name Sarah Palin should be capitalized just like Harvard should be. The word "I'm" get capitalized since it is the beginning of a sentence.

Normally I don't criticize people for not being able to string two sentenced together but since you decided to be criticize others I decided to point out your own inability to string two sentences together.
:clap2::clap2:

Good one!!!! A very accurate observation too. Don't be too hard on Jillian she quotes late night talk show hosts and comedians like she is quoting factual information.:lol:

I was addressing Maples comment - not yours. You had a point. Maple didn't.

I know that they all have speech writers, I also know that they ALL have ghost writers for their books. I don't have a problem with it, but the Libs sure have a problem with Palin having a ghost writer.

It's the double standard that I am addressing here and pointing out the complete hypocrisy of the liberals on this board.

From the American Thinker link above, you libs call this guy smart???? LOLOLOLOL

Tracing Obama's literary ascent is complicated by what Politico.com calls a "scant paper trail." That trail begins at Occidental College whose literary magazine published two of Obama's poems -- "Pop" and "Underground" -- in 1981. Obama calls it some "very bad poetry," and he does not sell himself short. From "Underground":

Under water grottos, caverns

Filled with apes

That eat figs.

Stepping on the figs

That the apes

Eat, they crunch.

The apes howl, bare

Their fangs, dance . . .

It would be another decade before Obama had anything in print and this an edited, unsigned student case comment in the Harvard Law Review unearthed by Politico. Attorneys who reviewed the piece for Politico described it as "a fairly standard example of the genre."

But he can write his own book??????????????????? Yeah Buddy. ROTHLMO

What do you all think of his Ape poem?? That took some real elitist intellect to write something of this magnitude. ROTHLMAO. The next post I see telling me how INTELLIGENT Obama is I am going to remind them by posting the poem.

I know that they all have speech writers, I also know that they ALL have ghost writers for their books. I don't have a problem with it, but the Libs sure have a problem with Palin having a ghost writer.

It's the double standard that I am addressing here and pointing out the complete hypocrisy of the liberals on this board.

And, if you refer back to the numerous rants about Palin and her ghostwriter - I have always defended the use of ghostwriters (admittedly I am biased but also because I actually understand the role which seems to float over the heads of many). And I agree with you that Obama did have a ghostwriter for his book - namely William Ayers. And he uses speechwriters. Neither of these things confirm that he is not smart.... for evidence of his total and utter lack of competence, one only need look at the almighty fucking mess he is making of his job.

Forum List

Back