Obama has a certain fear of free black men

Tank

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2009
Cornel West, a Princeton University professor and leading black intellectual, is harshly criticizing President Obama, a candidate he once supported but now calls “a black mascot of Wall Street oligarchs and a black puppet of corporate plutocrats.”

West, a former Harvard University professor, said during an interview with the website Truthdig posted yesterday that the president has not been true to his race.

“I think my dear brother Barack Obama has a certain fear of free black men,” West said. “It’s understandable. As a young brother who grows up in a white context, brilliant African father, he’s always had to fear being a white man with black skin. All he has known culturally is white…When he meets an independent black brother, it is frightening.”

West: Obama 'a black mascot' and 'black puppet' - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com

This is the kind of shit that makes me feel sorry for bi-racial people.

They can't please anyone.

Keep that in mind next time someone says it's a good idea to mix the races.

This is a taste of things to come if Herman Cain does indeed gain the Republican nomination. The things that will be said about the first black conservative to receive the Republican nomination for president will make whatever 'racist' comments that came from the right in '08 sound like Barney and Friends.

This is a taste of things to come if Herman Cain does indeed gain the Republican nomination. The things that will be said about the first black conservative to receive the Republican nomination for president will make whatever 'racist' comments that came from the right in '08 sound like Barney and Friends.
Yea but can a black man win the GOP nominee? I think if he would toe the line they'd make a black their leader if it meant they'd win the white house.

Cornel West, a Princeton University professor and leading black intellectual, is harshly criticizing President Obama, a candidate he once supported but now calls a black mascot of Wall Street oligarchs and a black puppet of corporate plutocrats.

West, a former Harvard University professor, said during an interview with the website Truthdig posted yesterday that the president has not been true to his race.

I think my dear brother Barack Obama has a certain fear of free black men, West said. Its understandable. As a young brother who grows up in a white context, brilliant African father, hes always had to fear being a white man with black skin. All he has known culturally is whiteWhen he meets an independent black brother, it is frightening.

West: Obama 'a black mascot' and 'black puppet' - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com
Is our fear of black men rational or irrational?

New Topics

Forum List

Back