Obama, Hagel, Cantwell, Smith Hail Committee Passage of the Global Poverty Act

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Wednesday, February 13, 2008

CONTACT: Michael Ortiz (Obama), Jordan Stark (Hagel), Ciaran Clayton (Cantwell), or Derrick Crowe (Smith)

Legislation would aim to cut extreme global poverty in half by 2015

WASHINGTON, D.C. - U.S. Senators Barack Obama (D-IL), Chuck Hagel (R-NE), and Maria Cantwell (D-WA) and Congressman Adam Smith (D-WA) today hailed the Senate Foreign Relations Committee's passage of the Global Poverty Act (S.2433), which requires the President to develop and implement a comprehensive policy to cut extreme global poverty in half by 2015 through aid, trade, debt relief, and coordination with the international community, businesses and NGOs. This legislation was introduced in December. Smith and Congressman Spencer Bachus (R-AL) sponsored the House version of the bill (H.R. 1302), which passed the House last September.

more ... http://obama.senate.gov/press/08021...ma.senate.gov/press/080213-obama_hagel_can_1/

While the world supposedly hates us (according to libs) we're going to toss billions down the drain in handouts?

Let "the world" fend for itself for a change, and let's sink those dollars into bettering our own country.

While the world supposedly hates us (according to libs) we're going to toss billions down the drain in handouts?

Let "the world" fend for itself for a change, and let's sink those dollars into bettering our own country.

Amen

Who said anything about handouts? I'm positive you know that world welfare is not even plausible.

Maybe this will improve our foreign relations, which are possibly at an all-time low right now.

Who said anything about handouts? I'm positive you know that world welfare is not even plausible.

Maybe this will improve our foreign relations, which are possibly at an all-time low right now.

No it won't. Most of the "leaders" of the countries we will be trying to help will simply steal any aid we send and will laugh all the way to the bank at how STUPID we are for helping HIM.

And of course the Europeans will sit and claim we are only "helping" others to impress people and not for any other reason then to help OUR position in the world.

You're showing your age ... or lack thereof. Our foreign relations are nowhere near as low as they were mid-late 70s. The fact is, our foreign relations are always "low" according to "world opinion" and the lefties that beat that dead horse whenever we aren't just giving without asking.

Whether or not you consider world welfare plausible is irrelevant to the fact that Obama and gaggle are more than willing to attempt it with my tax dollars.

Forum List

Back