Obama Had Better Hope People Don't Find Out What Venture Capitalists Do

I think everyone who got bought out, downsized and outsourced are pretty familiar with what venture capitalists do. The American people are all too familiar with their methods. They are not a net benefit to society no matter how you spin it.

So, in other words, you have no ideda what venture capitalists do and, instead you opt to believe that the small percentage of failure stories are the norm for venture capitalists.

Hmmm...I wonder why venture capitalism is so common if it is more often than not a failure.

Our manufacturing base in ruins is proof enough that these people have no interest in any American job. If they create jobs they are in foreign countries, if they save an American job it is at the cost of wages and benefits. If they are indeed "job creators" then they suck at their task, at least as far as America is concerned.

So as I said, you have no idea what venture capitalists do.

Let me give you a hint...a business owner does not sell off a majority share of his/her company to a venture capitalist if it is doing well...

Instead, he sells off for a multiple of anywhere from 4-7 times net margin to an investor who will not make any changes to the existing business plan...becuase it is already doing well.

Venture capitalists do not pay 4-7 times of net margin for a company...for it will take years to reap the ROI making it worth it for their investors.

So venture capitalsts buy into firms that are doing poorly and likely shutting down resulting in 100% loss of jobs anyway.......

Now...take it from there.....and maybe you can have a better understanding.

So, in other words, you have no ideda what venture capitalists do and, instead you opt to believe that the small percentage of failure stories are the norm for venture capitalists.

Hmmm...I wonder why venture capitalism is so common if it is more often than not a failure.

Our manufacturing base in ruins is proof enough that these people have no interest in any American job. If they create jobs they are in foreign countries, if they save an American job it is at the cost of wages and benefits. If they are indeed "job creators" then they suck at their task, at least as far as America is concerned.

So as I said, you have no idea what venture capitalists do.

Let me give you a hint...a business owner does not sell off a majority share of his/her company to a venture capitalist if it is doing well...

Instead, he sells off for a multiple of anywhere from 4-7 times net margin to an investor who will not make any changes to the existing business plan...becuase it is already doing well.

Venture capitalists do not pay 4-7 times of net margin for a company...for it will take years to reap the ROI making it worth it for their investors.

So venture capitalsts buy into firms that are doing poorly and likely shutting down resulting in 100% loss of jobs anyway.......

Now...take it from there.....and maybe you can have a better understanding.

Wait............he doesn't know what ROI means...........FYI, it's Return on Investment. Hope that helps. :)

May be legal...but moral and legal aren't synonymous, are they? Oh shit....I keep forgetting....morality is what conservatives stand for.....unless it's this....and gouging consumers....and fucking over labor....and excessive greed...and.....well just about anything that doesn't have to do with someone's bedroom or social programs....then immorality is a sin against God.

hahahahahah a lefty talking about morality. That's pretty funny. :rofl:
Yep....a lefties talking about morality....YOU'RE just too stupid to realize that you're on the wrong side of this argument.....you seem to think that whatever makes profit is good...no matter what the means of that profit is.

You're values are so twisted with right wing rhetoric and Conservative Christian dogma...that you don't know what right and wrong is anymore.

I think that's it is better that Bain uses private investor money,who know the risks of their investing, rather than what President Obama did. He invested taxpayer money for green energy companies, that went belly up and all taxpayers were forced to pay for it and lost their money.
This is the a very anti profit administration.

Okay, let's look a that.

I agree, Solyndra was a clusterfuck, absolutely.

But the fact is, a lot of innovations that we've made have been because of government investment.

How many advances came out of spending in WWII. Private industry never would have developed nuclear power on its own, that took a Manhatten Project to do.

Green Energy should be one of those areas where right and left should be on the same side. The left because they want to help the environment, and the right because they should want to break the power that some very unsavory people have through their monopoly on petroleum.

Both should want to get to the same place, for different reasons.

WWII and Nuclear was for the defense of our country. That is what the Constitution says what our Federal Government should be doing.
Not funding, picking and choosing which private companies to invest in.

Green Energy is not for the defense of our nation.
Green Energy should be done by private companies.
Private and oil companies are doing experimental research into alternative fuels.
Our Government should not use tax dollars for this.

Forum List

Back