Obama greeted by Confederate flags in Oklahoma

I have posted a link from directly after the Spanish American War that discussed how COnfederate Soldiers were moved TO Arlington and how Federal funds would be used for maintaining Confederate graves and monuments.

It has been American policy for over a hundred years that these various leaders are American Heroes.

THe reasons for that were included in the Presidents speech I cut and pasted.

And it was a terrible idea.

The thing is, after World War II, we didn't let the Nazis keep their honor. We hung their leaders, we didn't let them build any monuments. they didn't get to call themelves heroes. Most Germans are ashamed of the Nazis today. As a result, Germany is largely a model international citizen.

We made the mistake of NOT punishing the South for its treason and racism. We are still paying for it today.

Finally, we are treating the Stars and Bars like the Swastika, something only racists celebrate. Too long in coming, as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, you already stated your opinion.

It is insulting to the American SOuth today, which is certainly a "model international citizen" as a long time integral part of the US.

But that is in keeping with your regional bigotry.

YOur claim that only racists celebrate the Confederate Flag is simply absurd.

It is insulting to the American SOuth today, which is certainly a "model international citizen" as a long time integral part of the US.

Model Citizen? You m ean the most backward, racist part of the country, which prides itself on ignorance.

Model Citizen? You m ean the most backward, racist part of the country, which prides itself on ignorance.

NO, I mean the real South, not the lib version of the 1950 south that you guys like to pretend is still the case.

Why did the EU reject Turkey membership?

NO, I mean the real South, not the lib version of the 1950 south that you guys like to pretend is still the case.

Frankly, given the way you vote down there, nothing has changed since the 1950's.

Not sure how Turkey got into this discussion. Frankly, I think the EU should grant them membership.

Frankly, given the way you vote down there, nothing has changed since the 1950's.

Not sure how Turkey got into this discussion. Frankly, I think the EU should grant them membership.

Are you really admitting that you don't think anything has changed since the 1950s?

And of course you think the EU should let in the Turks. Why not? Just because they are a third world shithole with a crappy, foreign and hostile culture is not a reason not to let their people swarm into your homeland

But luckily for them, the EU managed to wake up from their political correctness for a moment and make a sane decision.

I brought it up to point out the the EU and Germany are not, from your perspective, perfect either.

If you want to compare the South to Germany, at least compare the real South to the real Germany, not some idealized version that exists only in your head.

Are you really admitting that you don't think anything has changed since the 1950s?

still the same assholes. Nothing has changed except the feds won't let you be assholes. Ignorance is still allowed, though.

And of course you think the EU should let in the Turks. Why not? Just because they are a third world shithole with a crappy, foreign and hostile culture is not a reason not to let their people swarm into your homeland

But luckily for them, the EU managed to wake up from their political correctness for a moment and make a sane decision.

I brought it up to point out the the EU and Germany are not, from your perspective, perfect either.

If you want to compare the South to Germany, at least compare the real South to the real Germany, not some idealized version that exists only in your head.

There's probably a lot of good reasons not to let Turkey in.. such as their economy is not up to EU standards. But neither was Greece and look how that turned out.

But your racism aside, Cleetus, my point is, Germany does not fly the Swastika proudly and put up monuments to Himmler.

The south needs to follow that fine example concerning the Stars and Bars and Nathan Forrest.

still the same assholes. Nothing has changed except the feds won't let you be assholes. Ignorance is still allowed, though.

There's probably a lot of good reasons not to let Turkey in.. such as their economy is not up to EU standards. But neither was Greece and look how that turned out.

But your racism aside, Cleetus, my point is, Germany does not fly the Swastika proudly and put up monuments to Himmler.

The south needs to follow that fine example concerning the Stars and Bars and Nathan Forrest.

I wish you were as understanding and forgiving of your fellow Americans as you are of Germans.

But you aren't.

And for no reason other than your bigotry.

YOu'll really just repeating yourself here without offering anything new.

I have posted a link from directly after the Spanish American War that discussed how COnfederate Soldiers were moved TO Arlington and how Federal funds would be used for maintaining Confederate graves and monuments.

It has been American policy for over a hundred years that these various leaders are American Heroes.

The thing is, after World War II, we didn't let the Nazis keep their honor. We hung their leaders, we didn't let them build any monuments. they didn't get to call themelves heroes. Most Germans are ashamed of the Nazis today. As a result, Germany is largely a model international citizen.

We made the mistake of NOT punishing the South for its treason and racism. We are still paying for it today.

Finally, we are treating the Stars and Bars like the Swastika, something only racists celebrate. Too long in coming, as far as I'm concerned.

I must agree with you, the previous poster is wrong.
Racists were not the only ones that celebrated that flag; so were idiots, imbeciles, inbreeds,shucksters,dumb asses, stupid assholes, etc.

I must agree with you, the previous poster is wrong.
Racists were not the only ones that celebrated that flag; so were idiots, imbeciles, inbreeds,shucksters,dumb asses, stupid assholes, etc.

For generations that flag has been a seen across the nation as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

I wish you were as understanding and forgiving of your fellow Americans as you are of Germans.

But you aren't.

I believe in forgiving people when they are ACTUALLY SORRY.

Sorry for what they did, not sorry that they got caught.

The problem is, the South has never been sorry for slavery, it's never been sorry for racism, it's never been sorry for trying to break up the Union.

Germany, on the other hand, is very sorry about the war and the holocaust.

For generations that flag has been a seen across the nation as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

Just some harmless fun, eh?

lynching.jpg

Just some harmless fun, eh?

lynching.jpg

Only in the minds of progressive k00ks do flags take form and go out into the woods and hang people. Same assholes think guns grow legs and trot around from place to place shooting people!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Think about it..........with this kind of thinking, if we get a couple of gay mass murderers over time, should we be looking to ban the rainbow flag??

Soupy thinking is ghey............

But you aren't.

I believe in forgiving people when they are ACTUALLY SORRY.

Sorry for what they did, not sorry that they got caught.

The problem is, the South has never been sorry for slavery, it's never been sorry for racism, it's never been sorry for trying to break up the Union.

Germany, on the other hand, is very sorry about the war and the holocaust.

The People of the South alive today have nothing to do with Slavery. To expect them to wallow in guilt over it, is to desire for them to be second class citizens.

They carry no moral burden because of the sins of their ancestors. It is unreasonable to expect them to.

The People of the South alive today have nothing to do with Slavery. To expect them to wallow in guilt over it, is to desire for them to be second class citizens.

They carry no moral burden because of the sins of their ancestors. It is unreasonable to expect them to.

They do if shit like THIS goes on!

texas-pool-incident-1.jpg

Stupid bitch shouldn't have mouthed off to the cop and should have stayed away while he was trying to deal with a mob of trespassers.

THat's not racism, that's normal policing.

That you use that as a rationalization for your bigotry is just circular logic.

LOL! How old it that?

The height of lynching was in the 1890s, well over one hundred years ago.

YOu bring that up NOW in reference to a discussion of the Confederate Battle Flag?

Lynching has happened within my lifetime.

Sure. Once or twice in a nation of hundreds of millions.

Meanwhile black on white violence is killing people by the thousands.

Forum List

Back